Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

Edelrid: "Ultralight Helmet" (Turquoise) Mid blue .Fits 54 - 60cm Great heavy duty all-rounder. SUPER SPECIAL for a short time only!  $79.00
21% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - Climbing Videos

Post links and comments about your favourite climbing flicks

Author
Totem Pole Mayan Smith-Gobat & Ben Rueck

ajfclark
1/07/2014
8:30:17 AM
I'm somewhat surprised that five-ten shoes don't have three stripes on them yet (or the little swoosh things the sneakers have):

E. Wells
1/07/2014
5:16:04 PM
Glad to know Im not the only one thats a little bit bored with Adidas. When Corad Anker tucked his son in to bed wearing a new North Face shirt in 'the sharks fin' it seemed ridiculous but Adidas really is pushing the card for turning all the most amazing people into clone-like walking bill-boards. It shouldnt detract from theyre achievements but for me it does. It would be hard to turn down a big sponsor in this game however.
martym
2/07/2014
12:11:29 AM
At least Adidas is just a couple of stripes - what about all the REDBULL helmets and stuff you see nowadays...

I hardly think the tracksuit is the most boring thing in this "another Totem pole" video... it's great footage, but brings nothing new to the plethora of "I climbed the Tote" videos.. shame because obviously these two really did it in style.

Doug
2/07/2014
7:50:44 AM
On 2/07/2014 martym wrote:
>At least Adidas is just a couple of stripes - what about all the REDBULL
>helmets and stuff you see nowadays...

Agree about the Red Bull business, but Adidas is notorious - although not as bad as Nike - for its sweatshop practices of the past.
>
>I hardly think the tracksuit is the most boring thing in this "another
>Totem pole" video... it's great footage, but brings nothing new to the
>plethora of "I climbed the Tote" videos.. shame because obviously these
>two really did it in style.

Agree again. I'd like to have seen how Rueck got across to the Pole rather than just pulling that bit of slack in. What I do like about this video is the sense of fun that so clearly shines through. Another great advertisement for the wilds of Tasmania, although they should have given Roger credit for his "build your own Totem Pole" model. ;-)
martym
2/07/2014
9:40:59 AM
On 2/07/2014 Doug wrote:
>On 2/07/2014 martym wrote:
>>At least Adidas is just a couple of stripes - what about all the REDBULL
>>helmets and stuff you see nowadays...
>
>Agree about the Red Bull business, but Adidas is notorious - although
>not as bad as Nike - for its sweatshop practices of the past.
>>
>>I hardly think the tracksuit is the most boring thing in this "another
>>Totem pole" video... it's great footage, but brings nothing new to the
>>plethora of "I climbed the Tote" videos.. shame because obviously these
>>two really did it in style.
>
>Agree again. I'd like to have seen how Rueck got across to the Pole rather
>than just pulling that bit of slack in. What I do like about this video
>is the sense of fun that so clearly shines through. Another great advertisement
>for the wilds of Tasmania, although they should have given Roger credit
>for his "build your own Totem Pole" model. ;-)

It seems like there's way more interesting footage that got cut down so it could fit on the Adidas Athlete Profile page or something ;)
I'd love to see the model sped up the way they showed them climbing the final pitch in fast motion...
That and a lot more climbing in this climbing video!

Duang Daunk
2/07/2014
11:44:16 AM
On 2/07/2014 martym wrote:
>>>what about all the REDBULL
What's wrong with them?

>It seems like there's way more interesting footage that got cut down so
>it could fit on the Adidas Athlete Profile page or something ;)
>I'd love to see the model sped up the way they showed them climbing the
>final pitch in fast motion...
>That and a lot more climbing in this climbing video!

Petition your local ladida rep, or threaten same with anarchy!

nmonteith
2/07/2014
12:17:23 PM
if I see another high five or fist pump........... argggg
dalai
2/07/2014
12:37:46 PM
On 2/07/2014 nmonteith wrote:
>if I see another high five or fist pump........... argggg

So true! High five.... errr oops... ;-)
egosan
2/07/2014
1:28:40 PM
On 2/07/2014 nmonteith wrote:
>if I see another high five or fist pump........... argggg

To be fair, I have hung out with Ben and he is more than a little high fivey.

"Hey man, where is your toilet. Awesome!" #HighFive.

A little while later....

"Yea! Dude!" #HighFive
Pommy
2/07/2014
1:43:35 PM
I can't help but think of chavs (UK bogans) when I see Adidas clothing
drdeviousii
2/07/2014
1:53:01 PM
On 2/07/2014 Pommy wrote:
>I can't help but think of chavs (UK bogans) when I see Adidas clothing
>

Mayan is a Kiwi so bogan is implied, no...?

shortman
2/07/2014
2:18:23 PM
On 2/07/2014 egosan wrote:
>On 2/07/2014 nmonteith wrote:
>>if I see another high five or fist pump........... argggg
>
>To be fair, I have hung out with Ben and he is more than a little high
>fivey.
>
> "Hey man, where is your toilet. Awesome!" #HighFive.
>
>A little while later....
>
>"Yea! Dude!" #HighFive

I remember that guy!

ajfclark
18/07/2014
8:04:33 AM
On 2/07/2014 Doug wrote:
>Agree again. I'd like to have seen how Rueck got across to the Pole rather
>than just pulling that bit of slack in.

From facebook today:

Superstu
18/07/2014
8:07:31 AM
how did cameraperson get there?

There are 14 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints