Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Set of 11 "Wallnuts" (1 to 11) N/B NEW Anodized colours!!! New "lighter" version. Steve's favourite wired Nuts.  $169.00
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Climbing Videos

Post links and comments about your favourite climbing flicks

Author
Ama Dablam

ajfclark
28/08/2012
8:26:56 AM
I'm about to be shaped so I haven't watched this yet, but thought it might interest some:
This is a film about two ordinary guys who want to climb big mountains and their adventure with the most noted mountaineer of our times Simon Yates. Together, they set out to climb Ama Dablam, the 6,856m Himalayan peak. A previous expedition ended with an Englishman, two Swedes and three Sherpas killed in an avalanche. Can they avoid the same fate?
http://www.theage.com.au/tv/Documentary/Ama-Dablam-4282402.html

wallwombat
28/08/2012
12:49:59 PM
"the most noted mountaineer of our times, Simon Yates"

Well, I suppose Joe Simpson took note.

cruze
28/08/2012
2:04:21 PM
I recently went and heard Simon Yates talk and he is doing some really good stuff down in Tierra del Fuego. Not the "most noted mountaineer", but I am sure you would agree that his career spans more than one ascent in the Peruvian, Andes.

wallwombat
28/08/2012
2:43:05 PM
I have read all of Simon Yates's books and I agree that he has done some amazing stuff but all that "most noted mountaineer" crap that the mainstream press sprouts, shits me up the wall.

And a couple of blokes getting guided up a very popular mountain to be guided up, however pretty it might be, doesn't impress me a lot.

"An Idiot Abroad" makes for much better viewing IMO.
One Day Hero
28/08/2012
3:05:43 PM
I think he is the most noted mountaineer of our time..............most noted for looking and talking exactly like Wallace!
kieranl
28/08/2012
3:18:15 PM
On 28/08/2012 ajfclark wrote:
> A previous expedition ended with an Englishman, two Swedes and three
>Sherpas killed in an avalanche. Can they avoid the same fate?
It's be a short video if they couldn't...
"Here's our heroes heading up the valley. Oh dear, they appear to have disppeared in an avalanche. Thanks for coming."

shortman
28/08/2012
5:55:10 PM
Has Simon Yeates ever been quoted on chockstone about his time in Australia?

Can't remember which book but he cans the shit out of it if I remember correctly.
One Day Hero
28/08/2012
6:12:41 PM
On 28/08/2012 shortman wrote:
>Can't remember which book but he cans the shit out of it if I remember
>correctly.

Really? Was he bagging the climbing here, or Australia in general? Cause he looks like the kind of useless fucher who's only good at scratching up frosty crap where death is on the line........can't imagine he'd be any good on proper rock.
GoUp!
28/08/2012
7:16:00 PM
Climbing or high altitude rope adventure course.....jumaring on cheap polypro rope........hmmmm, nice. Great view though.
Winston Smith
28/08/2012
7:16:13 PM
On 28/08/2012 One Day Hero wrote:
>On 28/08/2012 shortman wrote:
>>Can't remember which book but he cans the shit out of it if I remember
>>correctly.
>
>Really? Was he bagging the climbing here, or Australia in general? Cause
>he looks like the kind of useless fucher who's only good at scratching
>up frosty crap where death is on the line........can't imagine he'd be
>any good on proper rock.

It's great once again to hear the insights of that giant of Australian climbing IUD, sorry I meant UHT, no that's not right - ODH.
He's obviously got a lot of blackmail material on the moderators to be allowed such regular, childish and predictable vitriolic outbursts on any topic: A self-winding up slander machine.
It might be time to dig out the 'nerd in a hat picture' to remind all Chockstoners what the little fellow looks like so that they might avoid him at the crags. It might also shut him up for a few blissful weeks.
One Day Hero
28/08/2012
8:11:01 PM
Jeez, sorry Winston, didn't realise that old Wallace was a mate of yours. Seriously though, I'm interested to know what his criticism of australia/australian climbing was based on. If he didn't like the climbing, I bet it's because his only trick is climbing on wet, scary, crumbly choss at altitude.

wallwombat
28/08/2012
8:35:23 PM
ODH is only pissed off because Yates said the only decent crag in Australia was Wingello.

shortman
28/08/2012
9:31:38 PM
On 28/08/2012 One Day Hero wrote:
>On 28/08/2012 shortman wrote:
>>Can't remember which book but he cans the shit out of it if I remember
>>correctly.
>
>Really? Was he bagging the climbing here, or Australia in general? Cause
>he looks like the kind of useless fucher who's only good at scratching
>up frosty crap where death is on the line........can't imagine he'd be
>any good on proper rock.

I'll find the paragraph and post it, then I'll send u da book and u can read it whilst u recover.

But he pretty much admits what u say, he just came here chasin booty. U could understand that.

:-)

There are 13 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints