Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Omega Pacific: "Jake" HMS 3S TriLock 12mm - 23 8 10 kN (Triple action!) N/B Only 2 left!  $20.00
43% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Author
That's not a rack; THIS is a rack!

Miguel75
9/12/2012
11:32:04 PM
THIS is a rack!

'The monster rack consisted of 2@ VG #9, 2@ BD C4 #6, BD C4 #5, 2@ BD #5(old style), BD #4.5, 2@ #4(old style), Big Bro #2,3,4,5, a standard rack up to #3(old style), and HB offsets(very useful, please bring 'em back).'

This is the crack; Pratt's crack. (And groovy TR)
http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/thread.php?topic_id=526501&tn=0&mr=0

IdratherbeclimbingM9
11/12/2012
1:29:17 PM
>
I highly recommend a pair of the giant cams. You may sustitute with a pair of really giant balls though. If faded webbing and Aliens aren't your thing bring whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

Reading the whole thread, it seems to me that the sage advice above is only relevant to the latter generation's replies that that TR provoked...
;-)

An interesting TR (and responses), it was too.
Thanks for the link M75.

Miguel75
11/12/2012
10:04:51 PM
On 11/12/2012 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>>
I highly recommend a pair of the giant cams. You may sustitute
>with a pair of really giant balls though. If faded webbing and Aliens aren't
>your thing bring whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

>
>Reading the whole thread, it seems to me that the sage advice above is
>only relevant to the latter generation's replies that that TR provoked...
>;-)

Agreed though I like this old dogs reply to a gentle gibe about his cam;

Gentle gibe;
"dogtown
Apr 14, 2009 - 08:22pm PT
Nice touch Robinson, What is that big cam doing hanging from your belt? I know you still have some big tubes somewhere! That would have made it a true old time send.
Bah ha ha .
Bruce"

Reply;
"Doug
Apr 15, 2009 - 05:28am PT
Down, Dogboy!
You're from the Voo -- you know perfectly well that big cams are for pushing.
Tubes were.... I know about tubes, I invented em. They were an OK stopgap to fill a wide slot in history until better ideas came along. Fussy, tho, and often insecure. Sometimes had to carry a file to make em fit. More secure, at times, than a 4" aluminum bong, but they never sounded as good hanging on your rack....SNIP."

There were some groovy old school hard men who added some awesome tidbits to the post. I think that's what I enjoyed the most, people sharing an oral (and pictorial) history, inc. pics of the first ascent, of a rad looking climb.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
11/12/2012
10:11:29 PM
On 11/12/2012 Miguel75 wrote:
>There were some groovy old school hard men who added some awesome tidbits
>to the post. I think that's what I enjoyed the most, people sharing an
>oral (and pictorial) history, inc. pics of the first ascent, of a rad looking
>climb.

Agreed,... and it also included some humour, which is often a rare commodity on USA forums!

There are 4 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints