Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Black Diamond: Super Chute Rope Bag. Volume 25 litres. Single adjustable shoulder strap. Rope tarp dimensions: 146 X 126cm. 400d nylon. Assorted colours. (Holds up to 80M Rope)  $49.00
30% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Page 3 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 51
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Arapiles The Northern Group (General) Echo Crag [ Arapiles Guide | Arapiles Images ] 

Author
Eco Crag, Touch-Type?

Eduardo Slabofvic
27/03/2009
10:15:55 AM
On 26/03/2009 kieranl wrote:
>Eduardo, What's the description for Bernard Gets A Bullet? The T-Shirt
>is calling me.

The T shirt is still up for grabs, but there is another route next to it which I was unable to complete the
other day, so I may keep the location a state secret untill it get it. Once coomleted, I will offer a fluffy toy
for the second ascent.

pmonks
27/03/2009
10:26:31 AM
On 27/03/2009 Eduardo Slabofvic wrote:
> Once coomleted, I will offer a fluffy toy for the second ascent.

Will it be one of those "rap grid bolter" fluffy toys I've been so desperately wanting? They're very hard to get hold of - something to do with being simey's mascot or something...
richardo
28/03/2009
1:24:48 AM
On 26/03/2009 nmonteith wrote:

>that cruxmag guys a jerk.

This is a public forum. Can you please refrain from personal abuse even if they are a friend of yours.

Time for a time out.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
28/03/2009
12:37:17 PM
On 28/03/2009 richardo wrote:
>On 26/03/2009 nmonteith wrote:
>
>>that cruxmag guys a jerk.
>
>This is a public forum. Can you please refrain from personal abuse even
>if they are a friend of yours.
>
>Time for a time out.

Now where have I seen those words written before?

Hmm.

A case of pot calling kettle black??
robertsonja
18/06/2009
3:34:45 PM
Climbing ethics, values, styles etc can be debated and discussed, opinions are just that - rhetoric. What I am more concerned about is the physical damage to a natural rock face and how we can rectify the damage, damage being the permanent placement of man made objects in a natural rock face and resultant damage to the rock.

To the first ascentionist's - you mentioned that you won't be "rushing up there to remove the bolts"; last week I noticed that the bolts have not been removed. I thought a 3 month timeframe would suffice?

Can I please once again ask you to remove YOUR antiquated ironmongery from the previously mentioned rock?

Pat
18/06/2009
4:39:17 PM
Swinging has eight bolts? What happened there?
prb
18/06/2009
5:12:05 PM
Climbed on the Touchstone wall a few weeks ago. My opinion (as a relatively disinterested South
Australian) is that:

1. Touch Type is a worthwhile pitch.
2. A bolt or two is necessary.
3. I would have called it Touchstone DF.
4. The rap bolts are convenient but not essential.
5. Touchstone RHF (up the crack) deserves more attention.
6. If the RHF is 17, I think Touch Type is more 18 than 19.
surfinclimb
20/06/2009
12:28:23 PM
I think that you should maybe get the hint R.S and realise that Simey isn't going to pull out the bolts, now or ever. Its a good climb, I and others use it reasonably frequently for guiding and if it was closer to the pines it would get even more accents.
pharmamatt
20/06/2009
2:09:15 PM
On 18/06/2009 Pat wrote:
>Swinging has eight bolts? What happened there?

i think what he means is that there are 2 bolts at the moment to climb on, but the remains of 6 other bolts (holes, etc)

Pat
20/06/2009
6:19:16 PM
I see online that there is a lower off anchor now above it. That may account for the extra bolts. It was
suuuucccch a long way over to the trapeze anchor after all.
pharmamatt
20/06/2009
9:27:39 PM
a lower off, WTF!

Page 3 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 51
There are 51 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints