Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Wild Country: Set of 7 X WC Rockcentrics. (Sizes 3 to 9) Anodized different colours! SUPER SPECIAL!  $119.00
30% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All QLD (General) (General) (General)  

Author
3G at Frog or wifi in Boonah
bones
31/05/2013
3:12:33 PM
Hey all,

Heading to frog buttress for a few days climbing (yay!) and working (boo!)

Does anyone know if I can get 3G/4G at the Frog campsite?
Any good cafes in Boonah for using wifi for a few hours?
Any good accomodation that has wifi that I can fall back to if I need to do lots of work in the evening?

Thanks for any tips

nmonteith
31/05/2013
3:43:24 PM
No actual experience but I imagine 3G would be no problems as you are on top of a hill with clear views down onto farms, highways etc. At least from the lookout.

Snappy
31/05/2013
3:46:17 PM
I'm with Telstra and I get a few bars of 3G there (is was it 4G?).

Friends with Vodaphone and Optus all seem to have coverage too, although they drop out a few times on the drive out there.

No idea about wireless, I haven't seen any signs - but I wasn't looking for it.
rightarmbad
31/05/2013
9:23:09 PM
Good signal with Telstra, got to go down the bottom of the cliff to get good signal for other carriers.
bigfish
1/06/2013
8:18:39 PM
Yeah no problem with telstra but usually from the cliff edge. It drops in and out around the camp ground.
GWil
3/06/2013
10:14:16 AM
Was up there last year. There's intermediate 3G signal at the campsite (Telstra - quite reasonable at night, prone to occasional drop-out during day), but full signal from the lookout. I'd say that you could reliably work at the campground using a phone as modem, but I wouldn't make a video call...

If you're in Boonah, you can get free internet using the library computers (quite decent speed too),

Have to give a shout out to The Story Tree -- a great little hole-in-the-wall coffee shop and book reading place. Reckon they'd be able to point you in the direction of cheap accommodation.

g
bones
3/06/2013
7:57:27 PM
Hi All - thanks for the tips. Currently getting good Telstra 3G form the picnic tables near the carpark. Enough for work emails anyway (and the odd chockstone post)

There are 7 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints