Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

DMM: DMM ALLOY "Offset" have arrived!!! #Sizes 7 - 11. (5 piece) Range: 12 to 23.5mm. (Great Compliment to DMM Wallnuts. (Refer Peenuts for Profile) Awesome Pro!  $93.00
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Grampians (General) (General) (General) [ Grampians Guide | Images ] 

Author
Rosea Working Bee 14/4/12 Done & Dusted!
Access T CliffCare
17/02/2012
5:04:12 PM
Hi all,

Have set a date to do some work at Rosea.
Mt Rosea is needing a little repair on the climbers access track before the area is reopened to the public. This is not a PV maintained track - it is now a track managed by the climbing community and CliffCare. No major skills are needed. We will be working at two sections of the track and a little on the Giant Staircase see a few pics here on the area and what needs to be done http://cliffcare.org.au/2011/12/05/access-environment-december-report/

Drop me a line and I will send you more details. Area won't be opened so it will be a general meeting place where we will then all head in together and out together. For those who want to climb the next day and don't have partners, the VCC is running a trip to Bundaleer (intermediate to advanced) http://www.vicclimb.org.au/index.php?location=events

Date: 14th April

Cheers,

Tracey
Access T CliffCare
30/03/2012
5:08:46 PM
Hi All,

Am bumping this as I am needing some more volunteers to put their hands up. Plenty of people out there who love climbing at Rosea - should mean we get a few volunteers who are happy to help out I would think.

Send me an email at cliffcare@vicclimb.org.au

Cheers,

Tracey
Access T CliffCare
11/04/2012
5:07:39 PM
bump. this weekend vols needed

Doug
11/04/2012
7:01:58 PM
Good luck with the working bee Tracey. Were I in Victoria this weekend I'd be more than happy to help as I am really looking forward to the re-opening of Rosea. Alas, I am stuck in Hobart at the moment.
Cheers
Doug
Access T CliffCare
13/04/2012
11:21:40 AM
On 11/04/2012 Doug wrote:
>Good luck with the working bee Tracey. Were I in Victoria this weekend
>I'd be more than happy to help as I am really looking forward to the re-opening
>of Rosea. Alas, I am stuck in Hobart at the moment.
>Cheers
>Doug

Thanks Doug. Despite my repeated postings though, haven't had much interest in the way of volunteers. So for anyone that has a change of mind about helping out to get Rosea open, meeting details are below.

I would like to be at Rosea carpark at about 9am so will need to meet earlier. The roads in are gated and we will have a key to let ourselves in and out. This means we will all need to go in together and out together.
As the lower Silverband road is out of action we will be coming in the long way. Access to this area is along the Stony creek Road from Glenelg River Road to Rosea track. There is a gate so park in the general area and meet there. We can then car pool if needed. Meet here at 8.30am and the plan is to leave 4-5 pm dependant on work completed.
Please wear closed toe shoes, and if you are able bring some gloves to protect your hands from any rock carrying and branch/tree clearing. Bring water, lunch and also dress warm as Rosea is known to be cool if its not a sunny day. I should be able to be reached on the club phone 0419563733

Cheers,
Tracey
Access T CliffCare
20/04/2012
2:43:59 PM
Hi All,

With a team of 10 we managed to get most of the work done. Perfect weather for climbing but also perfect weather for getting the work done. Huge thanks to the volunteers who gave up their time. A few of them still got some climbing in after we had left Rosea so was a great day all round. I have put up some photos on the CliffCare smugmug site. The first 15 give a brief Before and After of the work needed and done.
http://vicclimbingclub-cliffcare.smugmug.com/Access-Environment-at-Climbing/Rosea/Rosea-flood-impact-and-work/21518259_FnLT5N#!i=1715403515&k=35nffK3

Cheers,
Tracey

phillipivan
20/04/2012
2:58:02 PM
A big thanks to Tracey and everyone involved in the working bee.
kieranl
20/04/2012
3:17:31 PM
Thanks Tracey and all who helped. I don't let myself go near trackwork these days and I really appreciate people who put in the work.

There are 8 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints