Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

DMM: New DMM "Belay Master 2" screwgate. I-beam construction and plastic clip. (State of the Art!) N/B Only 1 left!  $25.00
28% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

 Page 3 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 74
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC All (General) (General) (General) [ Victoria Guide | Images ] 

Author
Latest Road and Track reports for Grampians.
Access T CliffCare
27/07/2011
11:22:17 AM
Hi all,

Have been speaking to Prue to find out the situation with the impending openings. As mentioned in previous posts August was a targetted opening for many of the roads that access the Vic Range area and it is definately looking pretty good for this to happen. Please note though that all we need is a big downpour for this to throw everything out of whack again. The roads are still in a bad state in some areas and will have sections barriered off. I am hoping to get some official statements in the next week but roads such as Glenelg , Lodge Road etc are planned to be open early August . Access to the Red rocks area will be good to go. Siphon Road will not be open and Goat Track and any of the seasonal roads that are normally shut at this time will be closed. I know this doesn't give you all the answers for all the roads you will be wanting to know about - the official report and map will outline this a little more clearly and fingers crossed I will get this soon.
There is definately cause to get a little excited but please as I noted above, keep this in mind - Please note though that all we need is a big downpour for this to throw everything out of whack again.

Cheers,

Tracey
Access T CliffCare
27/07/2011
1:24:29 PM
Me again,

Ok - I have some more info. This is not an exhaustive list and nor is it official. Should have that in a few days. And, once again these potential openings are weather dependant. (This is just to temper your excitement)
With regards to Rosea - access to Rosea, Bundaleer and Sundial area is still closed. I am trying to get some info as to what the future access is looking like.

POTENTIAL OPENINGS (UNOFFICIAL)
Roads:

Harrops Track
Glenelg River Road (Boreang Campground to Mt Victory will remain closed)
Roses Creek Road
Billywing Road
Lodge Road
Red Rock Road
Asses Ears Road

Visitor Sites:

Srachans Camp Ground
Buandik Picnic Ground (campground remains closed)
Billimina walking track
Manja walking track
Paddys Castle Walking Track
Buandik Picnic area
Red Rock Picnic area
Brim Springs Picnic Area
Access to Moora Moora Reservoir from Glenelg River Road


CONTINUED CLOSURES
Roads and Visitor Sites that will remain closed:

Buandik Campground
Red Gum Walk
The Fortress overnight walking area
Syphon Road
Serra Road
Glenelg Road from Boreang to Mt Victory Road
Henham Track
Cassidy Gap Road
Stony Creek Road
All seasonal 4WD Tracks

Cheers,

Tracey

kieranl
27/07/2011
3:08:49 PM
Thanks Tracey,
It's good to have some more detail. Seven day BOM outlook for Hamilton is for a little rain friday, saturday and tuesday. A few showers sunday. That's promising. Not a lot of potential for more damage there.
Access T CliffCare
1/08/2011
5:25:07 PM
Hi All,

Well, as hoped for, many new areas are open in the Grampians, especially around the beloved Vic Range area. Check out the update on the first post of this thread. You can also download a copy of the update and colour coded map here
http://cliffcare.org.au/grampians/

This is on the brand, spanking new CliffCare website which will contain up to date access information on all cliffs in Victoria.

Cheers,

Tracey
kieranl
1/08/2011
7:31:33 PM
Brilliant.
Thanks Tracey.
Access T CliffCare
21/10/2011
12:25:34 PM
New update on original post.

cheers,

Tracey
kieranl
21/10/2011
12:32:35 PM
Thanks Tracey.
People should note that a mini-bus rolled on the Mt Zero road this week. It was a slow-speed crash caused by hitting deep ruts that were in shadow. No serious injuries fortunately. Just an indicator that some of the gravel roads are taking a pounding and need to be driven carefully.
pecheur
21/10/2011
12:48:05 PM
On 21/10/2011 kieranl wrote:
>Thanks Tracey.
>People should note that a mini-bus rolled on the Mt Zero road this week.
>It was a slow-speed crash caused by hitting deep ruts that were in shadow.
>No serious injuries fortunately. Just an indicator that some of the gravel
>roads are taking a pounding and need to be driven carefully.

Did the bus actually roll, or just fall on its side? Any idea where it is or whether it's been repaired?
kieranl
21/10/2011
2:01:51 PM
On 21/10/2011 pecheur wrote:
>Did the bus actually roll, or just fall on its side? Any idea where it
>is or whether it's been repaired?
Sorry, don't know those details. I would assume that it's been moved.
Wendy
21/10/2011
4:29:02 PM
Thanks Tracey! Do you have a working link to the PV map of open roads? My links are all bung since they redid the site.

Does anyone know where Vic Range Track is? I want to get to the top of the Passport track, which is Vic range Rd. It appears Goat Track and this VR track are open but not VR Rd - any ideas on how close I can get to Passport with the new openings??
kieranl
21/10/2011
4:40:07 PM
On 21/10/2011 Wendy wrote:
>Thanks Tracey! Do you have a working link to the PV map of open roads?
> My links are all bung since they redid the site.
>
>Does anyone know where Vic Range Track is? I want to get to the top of
>the Passport track, which is Vic range Rd. It appears Goat Track and this
>VR track are open but not VR Rd - any ideas on how close I can get to Passport
>with the new openings??
I think by Victoria Range Track they mean Victoria Range Road.
Here's the link to current road access map : http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/313638/map31.pdf
Note that the Goat Track and Victoria Range Road are still closed as they won't open until next week.
*post-edit* There is also the Victoria Range Track South which I think is the permanently closed southern extension of the Vic Range Rd south to near the Mountain Lion.
Wendy
21/10/2011
5:19:02 PM
On 21/10/2011 kieranl wrote:
>On 21/10/2011 Wendy wrote:
>>Thanks Tracey! Do you have a working link to the PV map of open roads?
>> My links are all bung since they redid the site.
>>
>>Does anyone know where Vic Range Track is? I want to get to the top
>of
>>the Passport track, which is Vic range Rd. It appears Goat Track and
>this
>>VR track are open but not VR Rd - any ideas on how close I can get to
>Passport
>>with the new openings??
>I think by Victoria Range Track they mean Victoria Range Road.
>Here's the link to current road access map : http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_
>ile/0006/313638/map31.pdf
>Note that the Goat Track and Victoria Range Road are still closed as they
>won't open until next week.

That's ok, I don't have a non-frinj life until November! I hope they do mean VR Rd, because that will be perfect. 45m access instead of over 2 hours!

>*post-edit* There is also the Victoria Range Track South which I think
>is the permanently closed southern extension of the Vic Range Rd south
>to near the Mountain Lion.
Access T CliffCare
23/12/2011
10:30:13 AM
Hi all,

Have updated thread. See first post for new updates. And yes, Bundaleer is open and Mt Abrupt as of today.

Cheers,

Tracey
Wendy
23/12/2011
10:35:51 AM
I'm still doing a little jig of excitement around the lounge room! Now I just need someone keen to go to Bundaleer next week.
Access T CliffCare
27/01/2012
11:49:36 AM
Hi All,

Latest road and track report updated at start of thread.

Cheers,

Tracey
Access T CliffCare
3/02/2012
4:49:03 PM
3 Feb update on first post

ajfclark
Online Now
3/02/2012
5:00:26 PM
Mods,

Given that Tracey updates this regularly is it worth making it sticky? Due to the way Chockstone orders searches by date of creation of the thread, this doesn't always pop up at the top of a search?
dalai
3/02/2012
5:55:22 PM
Good idea. Done...
Access T CliffCare
10/02/2012
1:44:27 PM
Thanks for that guys!
kieranl
10/02/2012
3:09:03 PM
Brilliant one ajf

 Page 3 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 74
There are 74 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints