Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Scarpa: Scarpa "Mystic GTX" Approach Shoe. Premium model. Gortex lined. Vibram Sole. Climbing toe... Size 43 Eur. (10 USm)  $149.00
50% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Climbing gear for kids climbing program wanted
JohnK
22/09/2010
9:42:33 AM
Hi guys,

As you might know currently setting up a program to take under-privilidged kids rock climbing. As such, we are looking for some small sized harnesess, helmets and shoes.

If you have any of this sort of gear that is gathering dust and you have no need for it then drop me a PM and I will gladly take it off your hands and use if for a good cause. Any gear that is not used will be returned to you.

I am based in Melbourne and climb at Altona on Tuesdays.

Thanks,

John K.

climbingjac
22/09/2010
10:58:14 AM
Hi JohnK

What age range are you catering for? (That'll help with knowing appropriate harness and shoe sizes)

jac
JohnK
22/09/2010
1:10:24 PM
Hi there climbingjac,

I would say 10 years and older at this stage.

The program is still being put together, so in my mind small harnesses and female harnesess would be a good start - would take all kids shoes and female shoes and see how things turn out.

John K.
JohnK
18/10/2010
4:31:33 PM
Bump. Still looking for stuff.

The program at this stage looks like catering for 10 to 25 year olds.

As such, would also take some climbing gear for adults off your hands if you wanted to donate it.

John K.

salty crag
18/10/2010
10:44:32 PM
Pm'd you.
johnk
1/02/2011
10:47:17 PM
Another bump.

People have been great and now have a small collection of stuff - many thanks - but need more unfortunately.

If you have some old shoes, top rope static lines, locking biners, old ropes for top roping etc, I'd be glad to take them off your hands and if you are in Melbourne will even pick them up. Gear does not have to be kids sizes as we have some big kids doing the program.

John K

hangdog
1/02/2011
11:47:02 PM
I have some harnesses. Not comfy padded ones but plenty of gym type harnesses (maybe 15 of them). Still safe just not as easy to get them onto group of ants in the pants kids. Let me know if you need them and i will send them to you. I am in sydney.
dmnz
2/02/2011
11:05:21 AM
Got an old pair of Scarpas. Larger size and probably could do with a wash if you want them.
JohnK
3/02/2011
12:33:38 PM
On 2/02/2011 dmnz wrote:
>Got an old pair of Scarpas. Larger size and probably could do with a wash
>if you want them.

Thanks - would defeintely take them as it would be better then climbing with runners - are you Melbourne based?
JohnK
3/02/2011
12:34:54 PM
On 1/02/2011 hangdog wrote:
>I have some harnesses. Not comfy padded ones but plenty of gym type harnesses
>(maybe 15 of them). Still safe just not as easy to get them onto group
>of ants in the pants kids. Let me know if you need them and i will send
>them to you. I am in sydney.

Thanks Peter - I am ok with harnesses at the moment as The Climbing Company and Chris Piesker were good enough to donate something similar - but will contact you based on what's needed
dmnz
3/02/2011
2:17:33 PM
On 3/02/2011 JohnK wrote:
>On 2/02/2011 dmnz wrote:
>>Got an old pair of Scarpas. Larger size and probably could do with a
>wash
>>if you want them.
>
>Thanks - would defeintely take them as it would be better then climbing
>with runners - are you Melbourne based?
>
Sydney

PM me and we can sort something out
JohnK
28/04/2011
12:52:56 PM
Bump.....still looking for used items. Our next trip with the Salvation Army is on May 14th.

People have been great, and over the weekend a long standing VCC member also donated a rope he won at a raffle (thanks Robbie!).

If you have any old gear you are not using, including ropes, static lines, biners, shoes or harnesses, will gladly take them off your hands. If you are based in Melbourne will even swing by and pick up items.

John K.
JohnK
13/05/2012
1:13:27 PM
Bump.......

The gear pool has been building well. Locking biners; ropes; harnesses; helmets. Thanks so much to all those that have contributed so far. The VCC has been great as well.

We have now run 3 trips with the Salvation Army group and the results have been great. At our last trip we had more than 18 participants turn up.

The thing we are now missing the most is shoes and chalk bags.

If you have a second pair of shoes (especially larger sizes) that are gathering dust then let me know.

Happy to pick up in Melbourne, or you can leave them for me at Altona.

John K.
JohnK
26/05/2012
5:39:28 PM
....and thanks again for all the PM's guys.

Any more gear you cannot sell is also welcomed and if in Melbourne will pick up!

John K.

JohnK
5/12/2013
11:29:45 AM
Bump....

Gear stash has been building nicely.

We now have a nice collection of harnesses, helmets, locking biners, ropes and even some belay devices.

The biggest issue we have is we need more shoes of all sizes.

If you have climbing shoes that do not fit you and you cannot sell, shoes that are at the end of their life, or shoes that you want to donate, please let me know.

They can be left at your local climbing gym (in Victoria) or posted directly to me.

PM me for details and thanks again to all those that have donated equipment so far.

Our next trip runs at Araps Feb 1/2 2014 and you are also welcome to volunteer.

John K.
Wendy
5/12/2013
2:41:41 PM
Hi John, you can have the belay devices in my for sale post. I have some old harnesses suitable only for top roping you can have too, all very small. They'll be in Nati when you get up here, send me a PM close the week before or something to remind me.

Wendy
JohnK
5/12/2013
2:44:32 PM
On 5/12/2013 Wendy wrote:
>Hi John, you can have the belay devices in my for sale post. I have some
>old harnesses suitable only for top roping you can have too, all very small.
>They'll be in Nati when you get up here, send me a PM close the week before
>or something to remind me.
>
>Wendy

Thanks Wendy - will give you a shout in late Jan and arrange pick.

John K.

There are 17 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints