Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Omega Pacific: "Jake" HMS 3S TriLock 12mm - 23 8 10 kN (Triple action!) N/B Only 2 left!  $20.00
43% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 32
Author
WTB Silent Partner

sliamese
31/07/2013
11:03:06 PM
>>Remarkable. Why are these not used more commonly then?
>
>Because solo climbing is for weirdos who can't meet friends. Apparently
>there are a lot of these in the U.S.

ken oath! rope soloing does get a little bit boring after a while compared to climbing with a friend. but theres some truly sick missions to be had by yourself out there.

has anyone used the silent partner AND a reverso/guide for lead belaying? wondering how much better the silent partner is, ie is it $350 better? also anyone used one with a loop through the belay so you dont have to rap and clean the pitch?

sliamese
1/08/2013
3:48:26 PM
you create a loop through a leaver biner on the belay tying one end of the rope to your harness, the otherside running through the belay device, backclean as you go or leave a biner on a piece of fixed gear in a manner that at the top of the pitch you can untie the end, drop it and pull the rope through everything saving cleaning.

not a reccomended practise but thats one trick to speeding up rope-soloing.
chickenclimber
3/08/2013
11:17:44 PM
How does $200 sound for an unused one. Bought it with grand plans n all that but alas been bouldering instead ;)
brendan
4/08/2013
12:06:19 AM
see pm

thylaxene
4/08/2013
12:01:40 PM
I have a used RockExotica Soloist and Silent Partner I'd be willing to sell. Don't think I have the nerves or time to really use either anymore and now that my kids are getting older and seem to be keen to climb I might have belayers again! ;)

Anyway happy to consider fair offers.

Cheers.

Macciza
Online Now
4/08/2013
1:34:13 PM
Hmm, I may be interested . . .will send a pm or email
cheers

Duang Daunk
4/08/2013
3:41:24 PM
wot append 2 the good ol angmans knot method of self belay, around the nek?
Guaranteed to keep you thinking about knot falling off.

jkane
14/10/2013
12:49:13 PM
Long shot, but does anyone still have a silent partner they'd be willing to sell?
Cheers,
Jim

shortman
14/10/2013
1:16:58 PM
No, but.....

http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=DisplayTopic&ForumID=6&MessageID=25917&Replies=1&PagePos=0&Sort=#NewPost

thylaxene
14/10/2013
5:16:25 PM
just buy one from Climbing Anchors. Having secondhand roped soloing gear really doesn't help your nerves when out rope soloing! $350 isn't that much considering the quality and ease of use of a SP.

For future reference I'm not selling mine anymore as they are pretty well loved and scratched up. Price of sale for it wouldn't be worth it.

Cheers.
brendan
14/10/2013
5:51:42 PM
As it turns out I never ended up getting one, now I can't climb for a few months but if someone had one for sale I would be interested

sliamese
2/01/2014
10:31:28 AM
so i'm really keen to get my hands on a Silent Partner! If theres on in the cupboard you want to sell or lend me i'm dead keen! would happily trade for gear, i have ice axes, crampons, mini-traxions and all sorts we could come to an agreement with!

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 32
There are 32 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints