Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Scarpa: Scarpa "Mystic GTX" Approach Shoe. Premium model. Gortex lined. Vibram Sole. Climbing toe... Size 43 Eur. (10 USm)  $149.00
50% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

 Page 2 of 8. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 141
Author
Australia goes down the toilet!
lacto
22/08/2010
1:05:56 PM
AAHH !!!! the joys of elections Murray the second safest liberal seat with 7 candidates only 3 managed to beat mr informal . australia wide he or his/her party should have a least 6 seats and thus hold the balance of power it seems that is almost the result anyway
Paz
22/08/2010
1:13:00 PM
On 22/08/2010 Phil Box wrote:
>Shaking my head why the good people of Melbourne would vote in a REMOVED BY MODERATOR as their member. What the hell is
>he talking about marriage discimination. There's no marriage discrimination,
>a man and a woman get married, they have kids in a secure bonded contractual
>relationship. Kids grow up knowing who their mother and father are and
>continue to enjoy the benefits of that ongoing knowledge and love.
>
>Two REMOVED BY MODERATOR get "married" they then need a third party to donate a kid if
>they want a "family".


Fcuk, you really don't know where this world's going when you start reading something like this. I think Ian earlier summed it perfectly.....

Even so, I think bringing in the issue of kids is completely offtopic and displays a very 19th century way of looking at the issue. People do get married and not have kids. I know a gay couple who don't want kids but would like to get married and to deny them that is discrimination in its most basic sense.

You can imagine Phil's post coming straight out of the fukcing Brady Bunch, a family living in such a bonded contractual secure relationship. Until Dad decides to fcuk his secretary and mum becomes an alcholic, and the kids get to listen to wholesome family times, but don't worry that never happens if you pray to God every night.


On 22/08/2010 Phil Box wrote:
Kid grows up totally confused and wanting to find
>their true parents. No, that is no way for marriage to work.

I think most kids' are actually really accepting, it's only when their parents are homophobic racists that they develop such views. Here's hoping the swing to the Greens can curb this mentality in the future and people can actually be treated like equals.



jacq
22/08/2010
1:13:30 PM
Is Phil really a moderator!?? I would have thought something so offensive (intentional or not) would have been moderated out of a forum like this! It is this sort of thing appearing in Chockstone that makes me reluctant to post - it really is offensive. If it is a red-neck parody then it might help to state that. It's very depressing if it's not. :(
Duncan
22/08/2010
1:43:51 PM
kieranl
22/08/2010
1:51:52 PM
Perhaps the south-east corner can just secede. At least Vic, SA and Tas voters seem able to distinguish between State and Federal issues.
My prediction, if Libs form government then within 18 months when the next wave of the GFC hits the Libs will sit on their hands like they wanted to do last time and lots of businesses will go under and unemployment will soar.
As for the greens, I won't be able to forgive them for their complicity in this. Last year they had a government with a mandate to take action on climate change. Here was their chance to make a difference on one of their core issues and what did they do? They chucked a hissy fit and voted with the climate-change deniers. When it mattered, it was about them, not about the environment. Was the Labour scheme perfect? No, but it was a start and now we have nothing and the prospect of at least 3 more years of it. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Not to absolve Labor. First they rushed the ETS and didn't sell it properly. Then when it was voted down they appeared to go to pieces and then lost credibility when they abandonned it altogether. God knows why the loss of faith but it was devastating. You can only think wistfully of what might have been if they had bitten the bullet and gone for a double-dissolution on the issue. I have no doubt that the dynamic would have been totally different.

Billie W
22/08/2010
1:59:33 PM
On 22/08/2010 Phil Box wrote:
>I can think of no better outcome than to have had the leftard Gillard the
>Rangar out of office. She is a true water melon. Green on the outside and
>definitely red commo on the inside.
>
>Shaking my head why the good people of Melbourne would vote in a REMOVED BY MODERATOR greeny tree hugger as their member. What the hell is
>he talking about marriage discimination. There's no marriage discrimination,
>a man and a woman get married, they have kids in a secure bonded contractual
>relationship. Kids grow up knowing who their mother and father are and
>continue to enjoy the benefits of that ongoing knowledge and love.
>
>Two REMOVED BY MODERATOR get "married" they then need a third party to donate a kid if
>they want a "family". Kid grows up totally confused and wanting to find
>their true parents. No, that is no way for marriage to work.
Go sleep with your sister You redneck wanker
widewetandslippery
22/08/2010
2:43:02 PM
On 22/08/2010 Billie W wrote:
>On 22/08/2010 Phil Box wrote:
>>I can think of no better outcome than to have had the leftard Gillard
>the
>>Rangar out of office. She is a true water melon. Green on the outside
>and
>>definitely red commo on the inside.
>>
>>Shaking my head why the good people of Melbourne would vote in a REMOVED BY MODERATOR greeny tree hugger as their member. What the hell
>is
>>he talking about marriage discimination. There's no marriage discrimination,
>>a man and a woman get married, they have kids in a secure bonded contractual
>>relationship. Kids grow up knowing who their mother and father are and
>>continue to enjoy the benefits of that ongoing knowledge and love.
>>
>>Two REMOVED BY MODERATOR get "married" they then need a third party to donate a kid if
>>they want a "family". Kid grows up totally confused and wanting to find
>>their true parents. No, that is no way for marriage to work.
>Go sleep with your sister You redneck wanker

Mods I hope Billie W gets a condescending pm. Imagine if ODH told someone to sleep with there sister and then implied there neck went red when wanking.

I don't agree with Phils comments but agree on a political thread his right to say it. It was general disagreement with opinions that can lead to the point some see it as vilification, and I suppose there are laws about that, which I whole heartedly disagree with, but there was no personal nastiness implied.

dalai
22/08/2010
2:51:06 PM
This thread is not adding value to Chockstone. There are enough forums where you can all argue about politics and abuse others.

Moderators - please PM me your views and if you agree and I will nuke this thread.
widewetandslippery
22/08/2010
2:55:41 PM
On 21/08/2010 rockotter wrote:
>Debating whether I should move overseas, I don't think I can deal with
>an Australia where only a little over 10% of the country believe in anthropomorphic
>climate change and compassion for people fleeing persecution. Can anyone
>suggest somewhere with half a soul and heart that has good climbing?

If you want "soul"s go to Italy. Well known for great goverment.
Paz
22/08/2010
3:09:38 PM
On 22/08/2010 dalai wrote:
>This thread is not adding value to Chockstone. There are enough forums
>where you can all argue about politics and abuse others.
>
>Moderators - please PM me your views and if you agree and I will nuke
>this thread.

That'd be a fitting conclusion to save Phil's "face" before other people read this and realise what a stoneaged douche he is.....

In dead seriousness however, Phil's initial post was disgusting and if he's a chockstone moderator writing that..............
dalai
22/08/2010
3:18:02 PM
This topic is the first time I've heard suggested that he is a mod.

Not interested in saving 'face' for anyone. Just think this topic would be better gone...
simey
22/08/2010
3:36:06 PM
I don't think mods should be interfering with this thread. It is obviously a topic people want to discuss. Let it die a natural death.

Sabu
22/08/2010
4:03:54 PM
On 22/08/2010 jacq wrote:
>Is Phil really a moderator!?? I would have thought something so offensive
>(intentional or not) would have been moderated out of a forum like this!
>It is this sort of thing appearing in Chockstone that makes me reluctant
>to post - it really is offensive. If it is a red-neck parody then it might
>help to state that. It's very depressing if it's not. :(

You found a controversial, albeit strongly worded, opinion offensive? If so then then what about all the following? I'd argue the quotes below are the ones that have the least place on chockstone.

>You are an ignorant, redneck piece of shit. The problem with democracy
>is that the vote of an oxygen thief like you counts as much as that of
>informed people.

On 22/08/2010 Billie W wrote:
>Go sleep with your sister You redneck wanker

Heaven forbid we become a country where people couldn't express their opinion....

Sabu
22/08/2010
4:07:27 PM
On 22/08/2010 Duncan wrote:
>No, the fact that he doesn't understand why gay people are being discriminated
>against makes him uninformed. The fact that he called Gillard a communist
>makes him uninformed. If he understood the issue, or what communism was,
>he wouldn't say these things, hence he is uniformed. He is also a redneck
>piece of shit. The two may or may not be related.

I'm trying to work out which of the two you are most offended about; the view against gay marriage or calling Gillard a communist!

Rocker
22/08/2010
5:42:47 PM
>The problem with democracy is that the vote of an oxygen thief like you counts as much as that of informed people.

Here is a Extract from a Blog I was reading that may be of interest to some:

Forcing everyone to vote is communistic not democratic.
Voting should be an option and a choice and something people should have to qualify for the right to vote so they respect it.
Thus those that truly care, that are truly abreast of the economic realities and other important issues facing our country can freely vote.
This would be about 30% or less of the population I believe however at least this % would deservedly have more power and be more educated voters forcing both sides of politics to be more honest and higher standard of policies to influence these more qualified voters.
Plus those that donít care about voting arenít forced to and thus less ability for political parties to bribe their way to power and those who wish to make a protest vote should be able to vote for neither major political party by ticking a box both are incompetent or neither warrant my vote.
At least then weíd have a more accurate reflection at the polls and less political propaganda and more focus on actual results.
That would be a refreshing change and a very different political campaigning process.


Many Australians are largely uneducated re the economic realities the governmentís political spin doctors will convince and fool enough people to even possibly get them elected on their economic credentials. Or bribe certain electorates or distract people with other issues.
God help this country if this nonsense continues.
We need real leadership,smart economic operators leading the country.
And we donít have it.

Source: http://jamiemcintyre.com/blog/

Just Food for Thought. :D
One Day Hero
22/08/2010
5:55:29 PM
On 22/08/2010 widewetandslippery wrote:
>
>Mods I hope Billie W gets a condescending pm. Imagine if ODH told someone
>to sleep with there sister and then implied there neck went red when wanking.
>
Hey Wide, maybe you oughta shack up with your sister for a bit.........it'll save you the constant embarassment of walking around in public with a case of crimson spankneck.

Its easy to support free speech when no one is saying really nasty things.
I think Phil should be allowed to say that stuff on Chocky if he wants, everyone else should be free to call him a fcukwit if they want.

I don't really see any difference between gay surrogate parenting and straight surrogate parenting, likewise gay and straight couples adopting. There are lots of things which affect peoples ability to be good parents, can't think why sexual orientation would be one of them.

SteveH
22/08/2010
6:36:48 PM
On 22/08/2010 Phil Box wrote:
>I can think of no better outcome than to have had the leftard Gillard the
>Rangar out of office. She is a true water melon. Green on the outside and
>definitely red commo on the inside.
>
>Shaking my head why the good people of Melbourne would vote in a REMOVED BY MODERATOR greeny tree hugger as their member. What the hell is
>he talking about marriage discimination. There's no marriage discrimination,
>a man and a woman get married, they have kids in a secure bonded contractual
>relationship. Kids grow up knowing who their mother and father are and
>continue to enjoy the benefits of that ongoing knowledge and love.
>
>Two REMOVED BY MODERATOR get "married" they then need a third party to donate a kid if
>they want a "family". Kid grows up totally confused and wanting to find
>their true parents. No, that is no way for marriage to work.

On 21/08/2010 rockotter wrote:
>Debating whether I should move overseas, I don't think I can deal with
>an Australia where only a little over 10% of the country believe in anthropomorphic
>climate change and compassion for people fleeing persecution. Can anyone
>suggest somewhere with half a soul and heart that has good climbing?

Phil Box, rockotter had a good idea that might suit you. I am sure we could swap your place in Australia for a legit Asylum seeker or two. If this doesn't appeal to you, perhaps we can start a fund to assist in getting you tickets to say.... the United States (Southern States of course). Please let me know if you need assistance. Kind regards, Steve-the-red-head and his boyfriend.
J.C.
22/08/2010
6:38:30 PM
Personally if people are PC (whose call is it when it becomes 'too' PC?) then that's fine by me and you have every right to have a fit every time i open my dirty mouth, just don't expect me to give a flying f.
I don't agree with Phil's comments per se (which for the record I highly doubt he intended to be taken quite so seriously) but here's some food for thought... how PC do you think the bullies at school are gonna be to the kid with two dads? There's a big difference between ideals and reality and no matter how accepting society can become there will always be a point of conflict somewhere along the line. Due to the underlying biological fact that 2 dudes (or girls) cannot make babies by natural means, same-sex marriages cannot ever be truly 'normalised' as far as I can see.
Wendy
22/08/2010
6:40:01 PM
On 22/08/2010 Rocker wrote:
>>The problem with democracy is that the vote of an oxygen thief like you
>counts as much as that of informed people.
>
>Here is a Extract from a Blog I was reading that may be of interest to
>some:
>
>Forcing everyone to vote is communistic not democratic.
>Voting should be an option and a choice and something people should have
>to qualify for the right to vote so they respect it.
>Thus those that truly care, that are truly abreast of the economic realities
>and other important issues facing our country can freely vote.
>This would be about 30% or less of the population I believe however at
>least this % would deservedly have more power and be more educated voters
>forcing both sides of politics to be more honest and higher standard of
>policies to influence these more qualified voters.
>Plus those that donít care about voting arenít forced to and thus less
>ability for political parties to bribe their way to power and those who
>wish to make a protest vote should be able to vote for neither major political
>party by ticking a box both are incompetent or neither warrant my vote.
>At least then weíd have a more accurate reflection at the polls and less
>political propaganda and more focus on actual results.
>That would be a refreshing change and a very different political campaigning
>process.
>
>
>Many Australians are largely uneducated re the economic realities the
>governmentís political spin doctors will convince and fool enough people
>to even possibly get them elected on their economic credentials. Or bribe
>certain electorates or distract people with other issues.
>God help this country if this nonsense continues.
>We need real leadership,smart economic operators leading the country.
>And we donít have it.
>
>Source: http://jamiemcintyre.com/blog/
>
>Just Food for Thought. :D

Without having said blogger to "muse" with, I think calling compulsory voting communistic is getting a wee bit carried away. Lots of things are complusory and also prohibited in our society. I think compulsory voting is one way of ensuring that everybody's voice is heard, including the uninformed, uneducated, disillusioned, thoughtless and possibly braindead. Saying that voluntary voting leads to the more informed and educated voting and cutting out the scum is both not necessarily true and very condescending. What tends to happen is the poor and disenfranchised are the ones who don't vote and the suggested scenario sounds just like a way of replicating and growing the advantage of a few. A real way to deal with the problem is poitical education in our schools and political advertising and discussion that provides information and encourages analysis rather than name calling and seeking emotive response.

On the other stuff, you don't fight poison with poison. Surely the ugliness and ineffectiveness of this is a lesson well demonstrated throughout this campaign?


rodw
22/08/2010
6:42:34 PM
Yeah rocker gotta disagree with ya there..the US has non compulsory voting and all it means is major lobby groups and industry hijack the voting process as most of the moderate people don't bother to vote.

Compulsory voting means political parties have to keep in mind all areas of the public not just the lobby groups that can organise a voting block, i.e. in the US a good example is the gun lobby and far right Christian groups.

A moderate govt is a good govt, because really they are there to serve us not just a small selection of people...okay some policies you might disagree with, but can guarantee it won't be to extreme because if it is its out they go next election.

Btw Duncan, can you just jump in a correct any grammar mistakes, id hate my argument to fall down on simple spelling. :)

 Page 2 of 8. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 141
There are 141 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints