Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

Black Diamond: SET of 8 "C4" Cams and 8 matching wire gates. Sizes .3 .4 .5 .75 1 2 3 & 4 and 8 anodised "neutrino" - wire gate karabiners.   $625.00
20% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Poll Option Votes Graph
Tasmania 3
6% 
Fontainebleau 4
8% 
Road Trip of Spain 16
32% 
Italy and Switzerland 11
22% 
The Couch 0
 
Indian Creek 9
18% 
Yosemite 5
10% 
A relaxing Tropical Island somewhere... 2
4% 

 Page 4 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 90
Author
Climbing Holiday Destinations
egosan
8/01/2010
1:06:43 PM
On 8/01/2010 Wendy wrote:
>You might find evan in some of those. I get the feeling despite the beer
>and sausage, the frankenjura maybe too bolted and too populated for him.

You under-estimate the power of beer goggles. Who hasn't woken up after a hard night on
the piss half way up a sport route? Who hasn't felt soiled, used and nauseous? Retreated
off the climb with some awkward excuse about their mom's birthday and run back to a long
long shower that still doesn't make you feel clean?
Wendy
8/01/2010
1:22:40 PM
That nearly led to Andrew's trick after taking a coffee prior to reading.

ajfclark
8/01/2010
1:25:52 PM
Which trick? I have many tricks. I can blow bubbles out my eyes but I don't think that's the trick you mean...

evanbb
8/01/2010
1:30:52 PM
On 8/01/2010 ajfclark wrote:
>Which trick? I have many tricks. I can blow bubbles out my eyes but I
>don't think that's the trick you mean...

If you can breath through your ears I can find you work pretty easily.

evanbb
8/01/2010
1:31:14 PM
On 8/01/2010 egosan wrote:
>On 8/01/2010 Wendy wrote:
>>You might find evan in some of those. I get the feeling despite the
>beer
>>and sausage, the frankenjura maybe too bolted and too populated for him.
>
>You under-estimate the power of beer goggles. Who hasn't woken up after
>a hard night on
>the piss half way up a sport route? Who hasn't felt soiled, used and nauseous?
> Retreated
>off the climb with some awkward excuse about their mom's birthday and
>run back to a long
>long shower that still doesn't make you feel clean?

I snorted a chickpea into my sinus cavity.

ajfclark
8/01/2010
1:31:52 PM
On 8/01/2010 evanbb wrote:
>If you can breath through your ears I can find you work pretty easily.

Snorks totally had the right idea.

evanbb
8/01/2010
1:32:28 PM
Here's somewhere near by I'm keen to hit:
http://paklenica.worldwidetrip.info/category/paklenica/rock-climbing

A good mate did a 10 (ish?) pitch trad route in the low teens and couldn't stop talking about how good it was. And, he's a certified sport clipper! Owns a Squid and everything!
Wendy
8/01/2010
1:43:03 PM
On 8/01/2010 ajfclark wrote:
>Which trick? I have many tricks. I can blow bubbles out my eyes but I
>don't think that's the trick you mean...

this one:

>You owe me a new keyboard Wendy.

>M= Σ31βx4Δςturtle

>And I should've learnt not to take another sip of water before continuing... Turtle? Gold.

I nearly had coffee dripping out my nose in an effort to save my computer
Wendy
8/01/2010
1:44:44 PM
On 8/01/2010 evanbb wrote:
>Here's somewhere near by I'm keen to hit:
>http://paklenica.worldwidetrip.info/category/paklenica/rock-climbing
>
>A good mate did a 10 (ish?) pitch trad route in the low teens and couldn't
>stop talking about how good it was. And, he's a certified sport clipper!
>Owns a Squid and everything!

Surely there are too many people in that last picture?

evanbb
8/01/2010
1:48:17 PM
On 8/01/2010 Wendy wrote:
>Surely there are too many people in that last picture?

Absolutely, but I suspect that none of those people will be more than half a rope length off the ground all day.

henners
8/01/2010
1:53:20 PM
>Absolutely, but I suspect that none of those people will be more than
>half a rope length off the ground all day.

why are you sure you will be?

evanbb
8/01/2010
2:02:10 PM
On 8/01/2010 henners wrote:
>>Absolutely, but I suspect that none of those people will be more than
>>half a rope length off the ground all day.
>
>why are you sure you will be?
>

Because I'll be on something easy. Very easy. With beer in the haul bag.

henners
8/01/2010
2:22:05 PM
Paklenica's an option now people. BTW did anyone else pick up egosans spelling of "mom" ;)
Wendy
8/01/2010
2:35:22 PM
On 8/01/2010 evanbb wrote:
>On 8/01/2010 Wendy wrote:
>>Surely there are too many people in that last picture?
>
>Absolutely, but I suspect that none of those people will be more than
>half a rope length off the ground all day.

You might be surprised. I've been on relatively crowded 10-20 pitch trad routes in the alps.

There are 11 people (besides anthony) in this photo - it's a 400m mixed cliff in switzerland.

There are 2 parties on our arses on this 17 pitch 18 - on a wall with a dozen similar grade routes to chose from.

there are 7 people besides anthony on the last pitch of the Aiguille Dibona, 3140ish metres here. I was literally running to keep in front of everyone on all of these days.
Wendy
8/01/2010
2:42:32 PM
Surely more interesting is where are people actually planning on going to? I (well we really) can't decide between a loop of the mediteranean - turkey, kalymnos, croatia, sardinia (or not after consultation with eduardo!), corsica, maybe southern france again because I love it and spain, (made extra appealing by Esther living in europe now) or a road trip of southern US and Mexico (which became slightly less appealing when my brother moved from California to Washington last week). Although I may be planning a trip to indian creek purely on the theory that I will have no need of my bung finger there. We have got a flying trip to Thailand booked in, but as that's only 2 1/2 weeks, that doesn't really class as a big trip.

evanbb
8/01/2010
2:43:22 PM
On 8/01/2010 Wendy wrote:
>You might be surprised. I've been on relatively crowded 10-20 pitch trad
>routes in the alps.

And so, Tassie's looking the goods again... There's acres of new routes to be had there. There's only about 6 routes up the Acropolis for example, and look at the bloody thing:
From 2009-01-10 Tassie


Also, I don't think this cliff has been climbed at all
From 2009-01-10 Tassie

henners
8/01/2010
2:44:32 PM
why don't you start a topic wendy?
Wendy
8/01/2010
2:55:01 PM
On 8/01/2010 evanbb wrote:
>On 8/01/2010 Wendy wrote:
>>You might be surprised. I've been on relatively crowded 10-20 pitch trad
>>routes in the alps.
>
>And so, Tassie's looking the goods again... There's acres of new routes
>to be had there. There's only about 6 routes up the Acropolis for example,
>and look at the bloody thing:
That's because, unlike this hut, they don't serve red wine and chocolate brownies there.
Wendy
8/01/2010
2:57:43 PM
On 8/01/2010 henners wrote:
>why don't you start a topic wendy?
>
What, when I can hijack yours ????:)

Evan, is that on the Tasman Peninsula? The famous Mr Goding was trying to drag me out there a couple of years ago with similar looking photos.

henners
8/01/2010
3:00:57 PM
On 8/01/2010 Wendy wrote:
>What, when I can hijack yours ????:)



doesn't everyone just love chocky?

 Page 4 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 90
There are 90 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints