Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

Black Diamond: 120cm Nylon Runner. (Open sewn sling) 18mm wide nylon. Assorted colours. Awesome value IMO.   $8.50
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Poll Option Votes Graph
Tasmania 3
6% 
Fontainebleau 4
8% 
Road Trip of Spain 16
32% 
Italy and Switzerland 11
22% 
The Couch 0
 
Indian Creek 9
18% 
Yosemite 5
10% 
A relaxing Tropical Island somewhere... 2
4% 

 Page 3 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 90
Author
Climbing Holiday Destinations

gordoste
7/01/2010
11:34:35 PM
On 7/01/2010 evanbb wrote:
>On 7/01/2010 rockranga wrote:
>>Tonsai (Thailand).... i hear you can do a multi-pitch sport route then
>>absail straight into a bar... what more could you want?
>
>Lower humidity
>lower temps
>less people
>trad
>wilderness
>hospitals
>
>These are some ideas to get you started.

evan prefers the particular discomforts that he's grown used to. He also doesn't like meeting friendly people from other countries and sharing war stories over a cold beer whilst watching the sunset over one of the most beautiful vistas in the world. However I do have to concede that seeing your friend get dropped by the new-found acquanitance who was belaying him is not recommended.

BoulderBaby
8/01/2010
6:41:29 AM
On 7/01/2010 MisterGribble wrote:
>Can I suggest renaming Yosemite to Western USA and Fontainebleau to Road
>trip of France. A solid month in the Valley or 'Bleau might leave one a
>bit stir-crazy (although the food's considerably better in the latter),
>and why should Spain get the road trip instead of individual crags?
>
>Also - England! - although it's all under 6 feet of snow at the mo - the
>guys went ice-climbing on Stanage yesterday - found Irvines body!


Ice Climbing on Stanage? I knew people went to kinder, but not stanage.
Hahahah, I tried Christmas Crack, on christmas day after it had been snowing, and it was more or less like ice climbing but without axes. Rubbish.

Spain would be my choice! Or Italy.
Yosemite would be great - but getting all that big wall gear together... Learn to Sky Dive there for cheap :D

henners
8/01/2010
8:05:57 AM
is everyone here a sport climber?

evanbb
8/01/2010
8:09:45 AM
On 8/01/2010 henners wrote:
>is everyone here a sport climber?

Ah, no.

>trad

henners
8/01/2010
8:13:31 AM
On 8/01/2010 evanbb wrote:
>On 8/01/2010 henners wrote:
>>is everyone here a sport climber?
>
>Ah, no.
>
>>trad

why all the ticks on spain then? all that overhanging, overbolted and overgraded limestone would get a bit
monotonous wouldn't it?
Wendy
8/01/2010
9:33:27 AM
On 8/01/2010 henners wrote:
>On 8/01/2010 evanbb wrote:
>>On 8/01/2010 henners wrote:
>>>is everyone here a sport climber?
>>
>>Ah, no.
>>
>>>trad
>
>why all the ticks on spain then? all that overhanging, overbolted and
>overgraded limestone would get a bit
>monotonous wouldn't it?

You can always go to Monserrat.


I'm not sure these pictures quite credit it with the 5-10 pitches of height it has, and you won't be bored with the creative excuses for gear there. Over 6000 climbs on 100s of mini peaks only an hour on public transport from Barcelona



wallwombat
8/01/2010
10:12:49 AM

I want my vote back. Italy and Switzerland weren't an option when I voted.
simey
8/01/2010
10:25:47 AM
What about a road trip of Melbourne crags?

henners
8/01/2010
10:33:47 AM
ive obviously got a loooooot of places to go then eh?
onsight
8/01/2010
10:47:52 AM
What about an option for some Mediterranean islands - Kalymnos, Sardinia, Majorca?

ajfclark
8/01/2010
10:47:58 AM
On 8/01/2010 wallwombat wrote:
>
>I want my vote back. Italy and Switzerland weren't an option when I voted.

Just change your vote.

Eduardo Slabofvic
8/01/2010
10:50:46 AM
On 8/01/2010 onsight wrote:
>What about an option for some Mediterranean islands - Kalymnos, Sardinia,
>Majorca?

I thought Sardinia was the most over rated place I've ever been. It was a complete waste of time. Don't go. There are much better places to climb, like Kangaroo Point in Brisbane.
egosan
8/01/2010
11:05:10 AM
On 8/01/2010 Eduardo Slabofvic wrote:
>On 8/01/2010 onsight wrote:
>>What about an option for some Mediterranean islands - Kalymnos, Sardinia,
>>Majorca?
>
>I thought Sardinia was the most over rated place I've ever been. It was
>a complete waste of time. Don't go. There are much better places to climb,
>like Kangaroo Point in Brisbane.

The cured meats, wine and cheese of Sardinia more than make up for the lack of floodlit
crags.

evanbb
8/01/2010
11:33:44 AM
On 8/01/2010 egosan wrote:
>The cured meats, wine and cheese

Is there much climbing in Bavaria? I'm stinging for a beer and sausage tour of the region. Might be good to heckle some Germans while I'm there.
Duncan
8/01/2010
11:46:19 AM
On 8/01/2010 evanbb wrote:
>Is there much climbing in Bavaria? I'm stinging for a beer and sausage
>tour of the region. Might be good to heckle some Germans while I'm there.

Only a little area known as the Frankenjura (amongst other stuff).

henners
8/01/2010
12:15:36 PM
>Only a little area known as the Frankenjura (amongst other stuff).


We were in europe not long ago and we went to a little town called Berchtesgaden. It was a tiny place,
but it had
its own climbing gym, the first place i ever led. We were told there was some sport climbing near the
hostel. We
didn't check it out, but there was some multipitch stuff there.
Also, if you're into mountains, the Watzmann is right there.

egosan
8/01/2010
12:17:26 PM
On 8/01/2010 evanbb wrote:
>On 8/01/2010 egosan wrote:
>>The cured meats, wine and cheese
>
>Is there much climbing in Bavaria? I'm stinging for a beer and sausage
>tour of the region. Might be good to heckle some Germans while I'm there.

Never climbed there, but spent a season working in Garmish-Partenkirchen. Loved it.
Loved Munchen. Loved a world of beautiful beer and bread and meat. We live in a world
where the default is pasteurized or otherwise "fixed" beer. Drinking where the yeast is
allowed to live opened my eyes to what is most wonderful in this world: a Karg weissbier
from the tap minutes down the road from the brewery.

Go evanbb, Go!

sliamese
8/01/2010
12:53:05 PM
What about some real cool destinations?!
Like:

Patagonia
Alaska
India/Pakistan
Baffin
cirque of unclimbables/bugaboos
Greenland
Peru

anyone else keen????? :D
Wendy
8/01/2010
12:55:11 PM
On 8/01/2010 sliamese wrote:
>What about some real cool destinations?!
>Like:
>
>Patagonia
>Alaska
>India/Pakistan
>Baffin
>cirque of unclimbables/bugaboos
>Greenland
>Peru

You might find evan in some of those. I get the feeling despite the beer and sausage, the frankenjura maybe too bolted and too populated for him.
>
>anyone else keen????? :D

henners
8/01/2010
1:00:37 PM
>Patagonia
>Alaska
>India/Pakistan
>Baffin
>cirque of unclimbables/bugaboos
>Greenland
>Peru
>
>anyone else keen????? :D

i think i put patagonia on the original poll, which was then replaced with the blueys, and then Italy and
switzerland

 Page 3 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 90
There are 90 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints