Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

Wild Country: Set of 7 X WC Rockcentrics. (Sizes 3 to 9) Anodized different colours! SUPER SPECIAL!  $119.00
30% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

 Page 3 of 7. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 121
Author
Official Flame Neil Thread

wallwombat
31/08/2009
2:59:31 PM
On 31/08/2009 nmonteith wrote:
>I placed about 30 carrots last year on a Bluies multi.....

And sorry Gordoste. My rant wasn't really meant to be directed at you personally.

I just get pissed off with everyone who goes on about bash in carrots yet aren't willing to help do anything about them.

Apologies.

gordoste
31/08/2009
4:13:38 PM
No problem mate, you're sounding much more reasonable :) In NE Vic we are replacing old rusted bolts (slowly due to the small number of climbers) with stainless ones. All recent bolts are stainless. We tend to use expansion bolts or glue-ins -- anything except ring-bolts because they tend to look very ugly on an otherwise featureless slab (at least that's my opinion) and there's been very few placed in the past on the crags here due to a large majority of bolts being hand-drilled. Anchors (where needed) tend to have two bolts (expansion or glue-in) with fixed hangers.

(Oh, and sorry for the large number of parentheses)
Bob Saki
31/08/2009
5:02:03 PM
Being an extremely important member of this forum I will weigh in with the full 100Kg
My opinion is continually correct, this is what makes me so popular & revered!

The solution:

A climbing triathlon b/e Neil and foes

1) Hardest Route Redpointed with Time bonus and courage bonus (i.e. skipping pro - run out)
2) Fastest removal of carrots on a 20m route
3) Longest Article on Fig Leaf Slabs, Melton Creek or Sisters Rocks that's published in Rock

if all tied up then the tie breaker will be the fastest to woo the Nati Dragon!

that's how you should roll!

One Day Hero
31/08/2009
7:08:44 PM
On 31/08/2009 Bob Saki wrote:
>A climbing triathlon b/e Neil and foes
>
Bob, I really like this idea for settling differences mano a mano!

In fact, I would like to extend a challenge to Kieran! say.....10 to 20 pitches of your choice, at araps. Choose any partner who is willing to tie in with you (but you must take the lead for at least 50% of the meters climbed). Fastest time back to the pines wins....I would favour head to head as its more exciting, but would also accept a time trial. Upon completion, loser buys a case for the inevitable rubberneckers and publicly apologizes for being either; a) a bossy, elitist cragowner or, b) a smartarse, meddling blow-in.

What do you say K man? Are you in?

muki
1/09/2009
12:05:11 AM
On 31/08/2009 evanbb wrote:
>More fodder for the famous Bomber Pro quotes whiteboard in Blackheath.
Soundsa cool! can you put up a photo ?

evanbb
1/09/2009
6:30:42 AM
On 1/09/2009 bomber pro wrote:
>On 31/08/2009 evanbb wrote:
> >More fodder for the famous Bomber Pro quotes whiteboard in Blackheath.
>Soundsa cool! can you put up a photo ?

There is already a photo. I doubt you'd find it flattering though.
kieranl
1/09/2009
8:23:51 PM
On 31/08/2009 One Day Hero wrote:

>In fact, I would like to extend a challenge to Kieran! say.....10 to 20
>pitches of your choice, at araps. Choose any partner who is willing to
>tie in with you (but you must take the lead for at least 50% of the meters
>climbed). Fastest time back to the pines wins....I would favour head to
>head as its more exciting, but would also accept a time trial. Upon completion,
>loser buys a case for the inevitable rubberneckers and publicly apologizes
>for being either; a) a bossy, elitist cragowner or, b) a smartarse, meddling
>blow-in.
>
>What do you say K man? Are you in?
Amusing concept that would prove nothing. With my current back problem and time taken to complete pitches (3 pitches in 4 months) it would take me about 10 months.

muki
1/09/2009
10:13:30 PM
On 1/09/2009 evanbb wrote:
>There is already a photo. I doubt you'd find it flattering though.

Well wheres the photo, I doubt if I care if it's flattering, just wether or not your full of it, as there is still no photo of the board, just more waffling from you about it.

wallwombat
1/09/2009
10:35:52 PM
He's moved to Canberra.

evanbb
2/09/2009
7:25:03 AM
On 1/09/2009 bomber pro wrote:
>On 1/09/2009 evanbb wrote:
>>There is already a photo. I doubt you'd find it flattering though.
>
>Well wheres the photo, I doubt if I care if it's flattering, just wether
>or not your full of it, as there is still no photo of the board, just more
>waffling from you about it.

As I said, it's on a board in Blackheath.

ajfclark
2/09/2009
7:26:54 AM
I think he wants someone to post a photo of the board itself. While the board itself isn't self promotion, asking someone to post it here could be seen as such...

masterofrup
2/09/2009
9:25:07 AM
I'm not sure what this means or where to put it but i have done some research.
Chockstone is full of opinions, searching the frequency of these via common forum abrv, imo and imho I perhaps not surprisingly discovered that there are 2068 posts on chockstone containing opinions and only 338 containing humble opinions. A quick sample of the users who have posted these opinions reveals that this thread's protaganist has many opinions but also quite a few humble ones. Interestingly he is not as prolific in either of these categories as M9 he he he. Finally and also interestingly, the most recent owner of an opinion, BomberPro has contributed quite a few in his time on this forum, but to date only one of them has been offered humbly.
hope this adds something to the discussion.

the full research project can be found online at www.espeak_thesis.therupinstitute.edu.au
kieranl
2/09/2009
9:29:43 AM
Got to love basic research. Great stuff Ray.
drdeviousii
2/09/2009
3:27:21 PM
On 1/09/2009 kieranl wrote:
>On 31/08/2009 One Day Hero wrote:
>>What do you say K man? Are you in?
>Amusing concept that would prove nothing. With my current back problem
>and time taken to complete pitches (3 pitches in 4 months) it would take
>me about 10 months.

sounds just about perfect for a nati-paced race

if your lucky you'll still be able to remember the 1st pitch when you've done the 3rd

Sarah Gara
2/09/2009
5:30:32 PM
On 31/08/2009 gordoste wrote:

>(Oh, and sorry for the large number of parentheses)

I tried, really I tried not to care... they are brackets. x

Edit: you know what I just looked it up -I'm so sad - and you can classify those as parentheses as it's the spliting from the main flow of the story that makes it not the actually type of punctuation. Learnt something, so it's not a complete loss. My god my life is soooo dull

I do apologise gordoste thank you for teaching me x

Sarah Gara
2/09/2009
5:35:05 PM
On 2/09/2009 masterofrup wrote:
Finally and also interestingly, the most recent
>owner of an opinion, BomberPro has contributed quite a few in his time
>on this forum, but to date only one of them has been offered humbly.

I'm surprised it's that many! x

>hope this adds something to the discussion.

It does indeed - I think though it could have slagged nm a bit more -the threads gone a bit off track.

I'd quite like to see a photo of the white board too.

and to get us back on track... nm smells of poo. x

Edit: Can;t do it he's been really nice to me and i find him very helpful - yet to meet though x

ajfclark
2/09/2009
10:01:02 PM
On 2/09/2009 Sarah Gara wrote:
>I do apologise gordoste thank you for teaching me x

I'd usually call them the following:

( ) - parentheses
[ ] - (square) brackets
{ } - braces

There's a riviting article about them on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracket
egosan
2/09/2009
11:00:16 PM
There is only one reason to use brackets in this ugly world and I refuse to debase myself.
The god damned SMS has made us all monosyllabic cretins who can only crudely express
our emotions and art through base pictographs constructed from the once noble
parentheses.
tastybigmac
2/09/2009
11:11:30 PM
:P
>X
;)
tastybigmac
2/09/2009
11:12:59 PM
I hear that Neil has taken up kayaking! What a loser!

 Page 3 of 7. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 121
There are 121 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints