Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Scarpa: Scarpa "Mystic GTX" Approach Shoe. Premium model. Gortex lined. Vibram Sole. Climbing toe... Size 43 Eur. (10 USm)  $149.00
50% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Poll Option Votes Graph
Standard John Long style glove as in his books 9
20% 
Just wrap the tape a few times around the mitts 4
9% 
Only tape back of hand secured @ wrist and knuckle 8
18% 
Cracks! Give me crimps any day!!! 2
4% 
Taping is for those who can't jamB!!! 21
47% 
Personal variation taping subject to the climb 1
2% 

Page 4 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 63
Author
Crack Addicts

IdratherbeclimbingM9
1/02/2008
5:12:48 PM
On 1/02/2008 evanbb wrote:
>It showed me that poor taping technique is no substitute either. If there
>is no tape on the bleeding bits, doesn't that mean you've done it wrong?

I agree.
I find it a bugger when the tape slips down/mashes together in the vicinity of the base of my thumbs ... ~> tends to lead to gobis.
crazyjohn
3/02/2008
2:13:02 PM
On 1/02/2008 evanbb wrote:
>On 30/01/2008 crazyjohn wrote:
>As you can see, sometimes tape doesn't help much.
>In fact, it is a poor substitute for good technique.
>
>
>It showed me that poor taping technique is no substitute either. If there
>is no tape on the bleeding bits, doesn't that mean you've done it wrong?

His tape job does suck, but I havent worn gloves for years; through yosemite, j-tree, frog, ben lommond, etc. You just have to trust the jam, bro. I always try not to tape up but it is an option... Maybe for a problem like crackhouse seen here.
Steph Davis kickin ass- http://www.highinfatuation.com/crack-house.html

Macciza
3/02/2008
10:31:31 PM
The way I see it you have to tape to suit the climb - there are quite a few options . . .
If you expect vicious fistjams then make sure to cover the thumbs as well
If it's got gnarly fingers then I'll sometimes tape finger joints in different ways as well . .
I've taped first first finger, pinky and thumb joint and other weird combinations as well . .
And on DogFace I discovered the additional benefit of not feeling the 'sand slipping hands'
Generally I don't tape but sometimes I need to protect my fingers for guitar playing purposes

Edit: Unfortunately there is not a 'Personal variant' section to vote for

[Mod edit: There is now.]

Page 4 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 63
There are 63 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints