Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond: SET of 8 "C4" Cams and 8 matching wire gates. Sizes .3 .4 .5 .75 1 2 3 & 4 and 8 anodised "neutrino" - wire gate karabiners.   $625.00
20% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Climber cuts off his arm.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
19/05/2003
3:27:03 PM
I heard some sketchy info on a (half caught) TV news item the other day about a solo climber getting into trouble on a climb in Utah.
Apparently he ran out of water while trying to free his trapped arm for 4 days. Faced with a decision to stay and die or cut his arm off and possibly live he does the latter.

Anyone know of a good site to get an update on the details and his condition?

If as reported, then this bloke is one tough dude and I could do with the inspiration!
Dalai
19/05/2003
3:31:10 PM
check in Accidents forums for discussion on this story

http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=DisplayTopic&ForumID=5&MessageID=94&Replies=24&PagePos=0&Sort=

Cool Hand Lock
10/07/2013
8:29:03 PM
Did anyone ever hear from that guy?

ajfclark
10/07/2013
8:52:56 PM
Didn't they make a movie about it?

Miguel75
10/07/2013
9:25:04 PM
On 10/07/2013 Cool Hand Lock wrote:
>Did anyone ever hear from that guy?

Who? M9? ;)
kieranl
11/07/2013
8:56:30 AM
On 10/07/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>Didn't they make a movie about it?

A book, a movie and a musical. Well, there isn't a musical but there should be - Eddie Perfect would do a good job of it. I was given the book as a present and, to my surprise, it wasn't bad. Aaron Ralston was refreshingly honest and didn't shy away from presenting himself as a thoughtless prat - among other things, recklessly skiing avalanche-prone slopes without digging test-pits, triggering an avalanche that buried one of his friends. Said friend, who survived, promptly became an ex-friend.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
11/07/2013
9:16:03 AM
Another chocky review of Between a Rock and A Hard Place.

On 11/07/2013 kieranl wrote:
>On 10/07/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>>Didn't they make a movie about it?
>
>A book, a movie and a musical. Well, there isn't a musical but there should
>be - (snip)

I am looking forward to doing a review of Chockstone - The Musical.
That musical, once produced, might even do a tour of the backblocks, ie make it to the NatiFringeFest, but won't be half as fun to watch if the original characters play themselves...
A friend of mine heard that M75 was putting dibs in for playing the part of WW&S...
I wonder who will play the part of-
;-)

grantoss
11/07/2013
9:43:19 AM
chockstone the musical sounds like a sweet idea for a goatfest entry

Duang Daunk
11/07/2013
10:04:58 AM
I'd offer to play the part of simey, except that I am worried about getting a rep as a (loser, nope, he's ok at that), once good climber.

Eduardo Slabofvic
11/07/2013
12:43:34 PM
I'll play Stugang, as I've been putting in a lot of hours practicing drooling out of the right side of my mouth.

Duang Daunk
11/07/2013
1:04:42 PM
On 11/07/2013 Edward Oslabofvic wrote:
>I'll play Stugang, as I've been putting in a lot of hours practicing drooling
>out of the right side of my mouth.

That's only because you like my screensaver that captures sth central perfectly and yar like bum jokes. Yar yar?

miguel75
11/07/2013
1:19:30 PM
On 11/07/2013 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>...SNIP... I am looking forward to doing a review of Chockstone - The Musical... SNIP
>A friend of mine heard that M75 was putting dibs in for playing the part
>of WW&S...

Would an audition like this land the role?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
11/07/2013
1:39:29 PM
On 11/07/2013 miguel75 wrote:
>Would an audition like this land the role?
>
I don't know as I am only a reviewer, but it might work if there was a carton of long necks on the floor next to you. You will have to get WW&S's opinion, or concensus from a wider audience? You'd be a shoe-in if stiletto's were involved though...
;-)

If you land the part I am sure the audience would be rapt and cheer you on no end!
martym
12/07/2013
12:25:03 PM
On 11/07/2013 grantoss wrote:
>chockstone the musical sounds like a sweet idea for a goatfest entry

It'd look something like this though...

gnaguts
13/07/2013
9:06:13 AM
On 12/07/2013 martym wrote:
>On 11/07/2013 grantoss wrote:
>>chockstone the musical sounds like a sweet idea for a goatfest entry
>
>It'd look something like this though...

Why?
Apart from leaving M9 playing the unicorn and simey playing banana man, what would you do differently?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
13/07/2013
5:17:35 PM
An addax has two horns ODH...
;-)

There are 16 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints