Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

DMM: DMM "Bug". (Anodised Grey) Great all-rounder with exceptional friction. IMO)- NB NEW lighter model with scalloped sides. Not as pictured. NB Only 3 left!  $25.00
22% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Hosting Chockstone Websites

Mike
7/08/2017
12:27:40 PM
Guys,

My job comes to an end in a few weeks and the free hosting I've been enjoying for both www.chockstone.org and my photography (www.chockstonephotos.com) will disappear leaving a big question mark over the future of both sites.

It's all old school stuff (classic ASP with SQL database). I had a quick look at Microsoft Azure for hosting but their pricing looks like more than I could afford.

Anyone have some ideas?

Michael

rodw
7/08/2017
1:23:40 PM
Netorigin is local and cheap and reliable..how big is the site?

https://www.netorigin.com.au/web-hosting/
gfdonc
7/08/2017
2:14:46 PM
I'm using NetVirtue. Also cheap, reliable and support has been excellent.

Mike
7/08/2017
3:44:47 PM
Contacted both of those mentioned, but unfortunately they are linux based so don't handle ASP which needs windows IIS.

Thanks for helping though. Please keep suggestions coming.
kieranl
7/08/2017
8:14:48 PM
Google Compute Engine? Haven't used them but at a glance it looks more affordable than Azure or Amazon RDS.

Goshen
8/08/2017
10:54:53 AM
I've been using Freehostia for a number of years now, and can't fault them for the small websites I run.
They are actually free (inc 1 SQL database), although I pay them $50 AU / Year!! for the premium plan with multiple websites / extra storage / support etc.

https://www.freehostia.com/
kieranl
8/08/2017
11:12:14 AM
On 8/08/2017 Goshen wrote:
>I've been using Freehostia for a number of years now, and can't fault them
>for the small websites I run.
>They are actually free (inc 1 SQL database), although I pay them $50 AU
>/ Year!! for the premium plan with multiple websites / extra storage /
>support etc.
>
>https://www.freehostia.com/

Again they're linux based, offering PHP/MySQL, so no good for ASP/SQL Server

There are some cheapish-looking ASP hosting sites, but I have no experience of them :

www.aspwebhosting.com.au

crazydomains.com.au

Mike
8/08/2017
11:40:42 AM
Crazy Domains never got back to me. ASP Web Hosting answered live chat instantly and seem like they have everything I need for $13 a month. So I guess I'll proceed with them at some point in the next few weeks.

rodw
8/08/2017
2:27:36 PM
Crazy domains are crap...stear clear of them...the other one I have no idea about.

Daglar
11/08/2017
2:07:18 PM
On 7/08/2017 Mike wrote:
>Contacted both of those mentioned, but unfortunately they are linux based
>so don't handle ASP which needs windows IIS.

http://www.apache-asp.org/

Has limitations though...

FatBoy
14/08/2017
8:32:41 AM
On 8/08/2017 kieranl wrote:
>On 8/08/2017 Goshen wrote:
>>I've been using Freehostia for a number of years now, and can't fault
>them
>>for the small websites I run.
>>They are actually free (inc 1 SQL database), although I pay them $50
>AU
>>/ Year!! for the premium plan with multiple websites / extra storage
>/
>>support etc.
>>
>>https://www.freehostia.com/
>
>Again they're linux based, offering PHP/MySQL, so no good for ASP/SQL
>Server
>
>There are some cheapish-looking ASP hosting sites, but I have no experience
>of them :
>
>www.aspwebhosting.com.au
>
I've used aspwebhosting happily for ASP classic sites in the past.
GoDaddy decent enough too ... although not sure of ASP classic support

If you are interested, I could relatively quickly convert it into inline asp.Net for you (have done this professionally a few times ... and then it's only a short hop to having a developer like me be able to fix some of the other issues of the site like the overzealous XSS detection on posts

There are 11 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints