Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

DMM: New DMM "Belay Master 2" screwgate. I-beam construction and plastic clip. (State of the Art!) N/B Only 1 left!  $25.00
28% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Lost kids near Araps, 150 years ago
mikllaw
16/08/2014
8:40:58 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/bushtelegraph/lost-children/5656146

There's one mention of climbing a tree or ridge to see Araps in the distance. A cold time of the year to be lost

IdratherbeclimbingM9
16/08/2014
8:50:20 PM
Yay for Librarians!

google will give you a 100,000 answers...
~> A Librarian will give you the correct one!

shiltz
17/08/2014
11:18:44 AM
I remember watching a film they made about these kids when I was at school. Wonder if you can still get hold of it. Produced in the early 70s I think.
kieranl
17/08/2014
12:27:55 PM
I think DVDs are available at Horsham Regional Library 5382 1777

shiltz
18/08/2014
1:45:44 PM
Thanks Kieran

Capt_mulch
19/08/2014
12:18:33 PM
Lost, A True Tale from the Bush by Stephanie Owen Reeder - found it in the library today. The last bit of the book highlights the abilities of the aboriginal trackers - a mostly lost art. Interesting to note that Woorroral, the boss tracker, was a member of the aboriginal cricket team that toured England in 1868 (and was the first Aussie team to beat the Poms!!!).

IdratherbeclimbingM9
19/08/2014
1:00:47 PM
On 19/08/2014 Capt_mulch wrote:
>The last bit of the book highlights the abilities of the aboriginal trackers - a mostly lost art.
>Interesting to note that Woorroral, the boss tracker, was a member of the aboriginal cricket team that toured England in 1868 (and was the first Aussie team to beat the Poms!!!).

Trivia-time eh?
Here is a totally unrelated bit for you, from back about that time...
Did you know that some of the Sioux Indians who took part* in the battle of Little Bighorn, ended up doing a tour in Australia as part of a reciprocal horse-skills combined circus type show, after they were invited to do so, by the first Australians to compete in a horse skills competition event in USA?
(*Approx 7 of the 30 or so who did the Australian tour I believe...)
~> Talk about lost arts! ... Interesting adaptability that within 10 years they were engaged in making a living out of it?
;-)

There are 7 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints