Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Edelrid: "Ultralight Helmet" (Turquoise) Mid blue .Fits 54 - 60cm Great heavy duty all-rounder. SUPER SPECIAL for a short time only!  $79.00
21% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 4 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 69
Author
Mt Arapiles - Camping fee booking changes 1st July

IdratherbeclimbingM9
1/07/2014
10:40:00 AM
The main thing this thread is good for is documenting the many failures of the system.

A whinge amongst ourselves won't actually solve the problem.
Better to collate the inadequacies, inconsistencies, and unfairnesses; then present them to the pollies and ask what they are going to do about it in light of the upcoming election.

If that fails, then anarchistic practice might make some feel better, though I reckon the 'system' will look to pinging enough recalcitrants in order to make an example of them, so as to frighten the larger mass population into complying...
martym
1/07/2014
11:47:11 AM
On 1/07/2014 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>The main thing this thread is good for is documenting the many failures
>of the system.
>
>A whinge amongst ourselves won't actually solve the problem.
>Better to collate the inadequacies, inconsistencies, and unfairnesses;
>then present them to the pollies and ask what they are going to do about
>it in light of the upcoming election.
>
>If that fails, then anarchistic practice might make some feel better,
>though I reckon the 'system' will look to pinging enough recalcitrants
>in order to make an example of them, so as to frighten the larger mass
>population into complying...

Occupy Natimuk

ajfclark
1/07/2014
12:14:13 PM
On 1/07/2014 stingray4100 wrote:
>Maximum number of people per site = 2. To book a spot for 4 people, you'll need two bookings. It's really all kind of irrelevant because there's no 'sites' to speak of anyway. What a pain.

Set number of people to 2, set number of sites (quantity) to 2, 2 * 2 = 4 in one booking. Odd numbers will chew up sites faster... I wonder if there's a maximum number of sites in the pines?

Does look like multi site bookings only have an entry space for one rego. Not sure how they plan to differentiate between day visitors and campers though so that's probably a moot point.

kuu
1/07/2014
1:11:51 PM
On 1/07/2014 ajfclark wrote:
>On 1/07/2014 stingray4100 wrote:
>>Maximum number of people per site = 2. To book a spot for 4 people, you'll
>need two bookings. It's really all kind of irrelevant because there's no
>'sites' to speak of anyway. What a pain.
>
>Set number of people to 2, set number of sites (quantity) to 2, 2 * 2
>= 4 in one booking. Odd numbers will chew up sites faster... I wonder
>if there's a maximum number of sites in the pines?
>
So, suppose we're a family of three, using a 3-person tent and therefore requiring only one site.
Will we need to book for two people and separately book for one person, requiring two credit card transactions?
Plus potentially tying-up two of the non-delineated sites?

ajfclark
1/07/2014
1:44:56 PM
On 1/07/2014 kuu wrote:
>So, suppose we're a family of three, using a 3-person tent and therefore requiring only one site. Will we need to book for two people and separately book for one person, requiring two credit card transactions? Plus potentially tying-up two of the non-delineated sites?

Set the number of people to two. Number of sites to 1. Book now. Enter rego or "no vehicle". Add to cart.
Set the number of people to one. Number of sites to 1. Book now. Enter rego or "no vehicle". Buy now.
Follow the prompts.

The result: one CC transaction for $15 and two sites used in their system. You're entitled to two cars.

If you didn't want to use the cart to do it:

Set the number of people to one. Number of sites to 3. Book now. Enter rego or "no vehicle". Buy now.

The result: one CC transaction for $15 and three sites used in their system. You're entitled to three cars but only get prompted once for rego and it's the same across all three sites. I guess putting in a list or something would work.

This doesn't seem very complicated to me if you've ever bought anything over the internet, but maybe that's because I used the old parkstay system and this one is very similar?

kuu
1/07/2014
1:55:33 PM
Thanks Andrew,

I understand it now. It's really quite intuitive, isn't it? ;-)

ajfclark
1/07/2014
4:47:48 PM
To me it is, but I'm a programmer. Therein probably lies quite a few of the usability issues in the world.
chalkischeap
1/07/2014
5:01:35 PM
It's better if you don't pay. Don't want to encourage them.
Chillisalt
11/07/2014
3:11:15 PM
I just stumbled across this (by stumbled, i mean it was spammed to me):

http://www.travelfactoryaustralia.com.au/grampians-halls-gap-caravan-tourist-park.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=14-07-11+125256++Australia-Nationwideen++Halls+Gap+Grampians+National+P&utm_content=14-07-11+125256++Australia-Nationwideen++Halls+Gap+Grampians+National+P+CID_69025de23b224e7c4de4e56029163900&utm_source=Travelfactory%20Australia%20Email%20Marketing

Quite a good deal at $99 for seven nights. I just did a comparison with the new fee system at Borough Huts as an example - $238 for 7 nights. & Borough Huts only provides basic toilets, no drinking water, no showers, no power, etc, etc.

Despite never feeling the need for these facilities while camping, I'll be jumping on the caravan park's offer as opposed to the other Parks Vic sites in the Grampians. I guess this highlights the new system's flaws. So you save $139 and you have the advantages mentioned above.

The deal gives you until 30/06/2015 to use the voucher, as well as 3 and 5 nights options if you don't want to stay a week - $69 and $89 respectively.

On a down note, it reflects the poor patronage the park has received since the fires and the caravan park trying to increase their numbers.

Page 4 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 69
There are 69 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints