Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Edelrid: "Ultralight Helmet" (Turquoise) Mid blue .Fits 54 - 60cm Great heavy duty all-rounder. SUPER SPECIAL for a short time only!  $79.00
21% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 3 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 45
Author
Biggest sandbag
Wendy
21/02/2014
5:22:37 PM
And strangely enough, I thin Basilisk Direct is a great route, and it's really not hard. Just a bit odd.
kieranl
21/02/2014
9:28:37 PM
On 21/02/2014 prb wrote:
>The biggest sandbags Iíve come across are among those old climbs at Moonarie.
>Black Manís Reach (13) is ridiculous Ė looping out onto the Sweeping Statement
>slab at grade 20 is way easier. But The Black Hole of Calcutta (8) on Checkers
>Wall takes the cake. The aim is survival. Thereís some hard climbing at
>the grade through vegetation and a deadly steep boulder field, a crawl
>along one of those poorly protected scoopy ledge systems you get on Checkers,
>a leap across the void to grab a bush and finally a fully-enclosed tight
>dark chimney that no-oneís been in for decades. We piked it and went up
>the front of the buttress at about grade 16.
I think Black Man's Reach was done by some of my friends that I started climbing with at La Trobe Uni on an inter-varsity climbing meet to Moonarie in 1974(?). Of course they were off-route! They also repeated Black Hole of Calcutta on the same trip and raved about it. None of us knew any better in those days.
ionlyski
18/03/2014
5:15:15 PM
Everything out at Sister's Beach. That's what I thought. Oh yeah and that old Claw haunt up past Narrabeen; scary that.

Miguel75
18/03/2014
6:26:10 PM
Biggest sandbagger; PhillipIvan;)

Eduardo Slabofvic
18/03/2014
11:53:45 PM
Best sandbag I've ever heard of was Hero sending Simey and his minions off on a road trip to "Australia's second largest granite monolith" of Mt Wudinna, but as miss-fortune goes, he was unable to accompany them at the last minute.

Damn shame that.

Page 3 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 45
There are 45 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints