Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

DMM: DMM ALLOY "Offset" have arrived!!! #Sizes 7 - 11. (5 piece) Range: 12 to 23.5mm. (Great Compliment to DMM Wallnuts. (Refer Peenuts for Profile) Awesome Pro!  $93.00
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Best website for climbing
mikllaw
25/08/2013
8:32:01 PM
well, it's climbing while suffering on a bike but check it out:-
http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

take note of rule 5, and they even mange to mention bogans in rule 51
http://thingsboganslike.com/2010/10/13/182-lance-armstrong/

freepete
25/08/2013
9:46:25 PM
Rule #12 applies equally to backpacks
technogeekery
27/08/2013
10:51:47 AM
sorry, I tuned out when they started talking about what type of lycra is acceptable...
mikllaw
27/08/2013
11:45:20 AM
On 27/08/2013 technogeekery wrote:
>sorry, I tuned out when they started talking about what type of lycra is
>acceptable...
I think pink is best for offwidths, and brown is best for runouts

Big G
27/08/2013
7:31:30 PM
On 27/08/2013 technogeekery wrote:
>sorry, I tuned out when they started talking about what type of lycra is
>acceptable...

It's interesting that so many people's main objection to cyclists is the wearing of Lycra.

Personally I hate it when climbers wear climbing shoes or runners wearing running shoes, surfers wearing wetsuits etc etc

ajfclark
28/08/2013
8:07:27 AM
I don't mind when they wear lycra on a bike. It's when they walk up to my desk and my face is at their crotch level that I object. I don't need to look at your flyeye/camel toe.
technogeekery
28/08/2013
8:23:24 AM
On 27/08/2013 Big G wrote:

>It's interesting that so many people's main objection to cyclists is the
>wearing of Lycra.

Aha! I've outed another lycra wearer. :P

Take your point, that was just a snide comment - I'm sure you look very fetching in lycra. Actually I have no problem with cyclists in lycra per se - but do have a problem with the whole hyper-fashionable cycling trend, with all its attendant "rules" - they are a bigger bunch of posers than even... umm... boulderers? And when you get into the "fixie" riders with their hipster outfits and "ironic" retro heirdos, I'm tempted to car-door them just on principle. (When I'm not riding my $4000 carbon framed downhill machine into Surry Hills for a short black wearing my cargo shorts and muscle T, of course).
mikllaw
28/08/2013
9:02:47 AM
I'm impressed that it's so stylised and regulated
I know we are c--kpounders in climbing, but it's pretty low key compared to this.
And always remind yourself of rule V

Big G
28/08/2013
11:43:01 AM
On 28/08/2013 technogeekery wrote:
>Aha! I've outed another lycra wearer. :P
>
> I'm sure you look very fetching in lycra.

fetching isn't the word on the tip of most people's tongues when they see me in lycra

phillipivan
28/08/2013
12:18:59 PM
I'm a' fetching me shotgun; perhaps.

There are 10 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints