Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Set of 11 "Wallnuts" (1 to 11) N/B NEW Anodized colours!!! New "lighter" version. Steve's favourite wired Nuts.  $169.00
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Poll Option Votes Graph
Yes 5
26% 
No 14
74% 

Author
Ashes for climbing
Reluctant
Online Now
1/08/2013
8:58:57 PM
Should we have an Ashes for climbing? Just imagine being issued a baggy harness. Some biff in the pub before the series kicks off. Kissing the coat of arms on your helmet when you top off. Can't just be the whiskey or boredom that's brought this on. Lets burn a guide book, stick it in a chalk bag and have own Ashes.

Miguel75
1/08/2013
9:13:08 PM
I reckon a two pronged challenge; natural and juicers...

I'd love to see just how hard some juiced out of their mind climb-borg could raise the bar;) Kinda like the alleged dopers on the Chinese swim team at the Sydney Olympics. That could have been awesome:)

phillipivan
1/08/2013
10:09:02 PM
Speaking of which, I always thought EPO was a pretty natural fit for alpine climbing. Except that it's expensive, and few climbers could afford it.

Big G
1/08/2013
10:11:22 PM
I need the gear warney was on. Need to shed some kgs

Macciza
1/08/2013
11:11:51 PM
Well if its a Test Match it would have to be Aid or at least Trad . . .
And One-Dayers would be Sport climbing, and the 20/20's are Bouldering . . .

Or how about a 'State of Origin' clash . . .

BundyBear
2/08/2013
9:17:18 AM
On 1/08/2013 Macciza wrote:
>Well if its a Test Match it would have to be Aid or at least Trad . . .
>And One-Dayers would be Sport climbing, and the 20/20's are Bouldering
>. . .
>
>Or how about a 'State of Origin' clash . . .

Haha - I tend to agree !!

Duang Daunk
2/08/2013
9:58:24 AM
On 1/08/2013 Reluctant wrote:
>Should we have an Ashes for climbing? Just imagine being issued a baggy
>harness. Some biff in the pub before the series kicks off. Kissing the
>coat of arms on your helmet when you top off. Can't just be the whiskey
>or boredom that's brought this on. Lets burn a guide book, stick it in
>a chalk bag and have own Ashes.

Which guidebook author are you gonna burn?
I know one in west Vic who is so full of it, that if you use him you will need a haulbag not a chalk bag. Will an Argus editor do instead?
Reluctant
Online Now
2/08/2013
2:17:37 PM
So far 213 visits and 11 votes. Apathy wins. I think we're all polled out.
It's a stupid idea. Came out of that part of brain that only beer and whiskey combined open up like a schucked oyster. Having said that it probably ticks all the boxes of a government cultural / sporting / federation grant application. Get in now before kev jumps on the plane to st petersberg.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
2/08/2013
3:41:01 PM
On 2/08/2013 Reluctant wrote:
>beer and whiskey combined

Heathen!!
Reluctant
Online Now
2/08/2013
4:09:27 PM
Forgone m9 for I have sinned.

salty crag
3/08/2013
10:03:25 PM
I could almost support this but for the vision of the 'Barmy Army' swarming through the pines, hordes of fat white pricks with pints in hand singing crap pommy songs..... we really don't want to go there.

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints