Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond: Super Chute Rope Bag. Volume 25 litres. Single adjustable shoulder strap. Rope tarp dimensions: 146 X 126cm. 400d nylon. Assorted colours. (Holds up to 80M Rope)  $49.00
30% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
the climbing look
skegly
14/07/2013
12:31:53 PM
'You look like a climber'
Made me laugh when I heard a girl who used to climb say that, when she found out I climbed when I was discussing taking kids for a climb with anothers dad .

So whats the climbing look?
Reluctant
14/07/2013
2:33:02 PM
Skinny as a whippet, boney hands, slight natural over tanned face, Subaru wagon driving, north face top or jacket (perhaps mountain design or Kathmandu), either wearing approach shoes or sandles with an air of a lost Buddhist monk.
Of course I am the exception to the rule. I look more like a world champion darts player or even someone you will see during an ad break with words "call crime stoppers".
Did I mention helmet / beannie hair?

sbm
14/07/2013
3:11:52 PM
On 14/07/2013 Reluctant wrote:
> north face top or jacket (perhaps mountain design or Kathmandu)

A 'real' climber would not be caught dead wearing Kathmandu like a clueless yuppie. Nothing less than Patagonia, Mountain Hardwear, preferably Arcteryx. And it goes without saying that you mustn't have paid Aus retail for it.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
14/07/2013
4:08:21 PM
On 14/07/2013 skegly wrote:
>'You look like a climber'
>Made me laugh when I heard a girl who used to climb say that, when she
>found out I climbed when I was discussing taking kids for a climb with
>anothers dad .
>
>So whats the climbing look?

You don't look anything like a climber to me skegly.
... ~> more like an artist instead!
;-)

Sabu
14/07/2013
4:24:22 PM
Don't forget the overdeveloped back, shoulder and forearm muscles. Tat/cord/pieces of climbing gear on ankles, wrists, neck, key chain and vehicles etc.
Reluctant
14/07/2013
5:40:02 PM
Perhaps in this current time of obesity she was saying you look like you're in need of a decent meal. Lard asses don't climb
skegly
14/07/2013
7:14:22 PM
On 14/07/2013 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>On 14/07/2013 skegly wrote:
>>'You look like a climber'
>>Made me laugh when I heard a girl who used to climb say that, when she
>>found out I climbed when I was discussing taking kids for a climb with
>>anothers dad .
>>
>>So whats the climbing look?
>
>You don't look anything like a climber to me skegly.
>... ~> more like an artist instead!
>;-)

I said do I look like druggie without any el effects.
martym
14/07/2013
10:17:30 PM
On 14/07/2013 skegly wrote:
>'You look like a climber'
>Made me laugh when I heard a girl who used to climb say that, when she
>found out I climbed when I was discussing taking kids for a climb with
>anothers dad .
>
>So whats the climbing look?

did you forget to take your chalkbag off when you walked into the pub?

BoulderBaby
15/07/2013
10:24:55 AM
On 14/07/2013 sbm wrote:
> Nothing less than Patagonia, Mountain Hardwear, preferably Arcteryx.
>And it goes without saying that you mustn't have paid Aus retail for it.

You just summarised me, and my boyfriend. Hahah! Perfect!
One Day Hero
15/07/2013
11:16:24 AM
I like seeing Australian climbers with Arcteryx jackets and/or single skin tents...........for the same reason that Rightarmbad likes daisy chains!
maxdacat
15/07/2013
2:39:29 PM
tanned on one side.

Robb
15/07/2013
4:49:34 PM
interesting thread. the only comment I ever get is "you dont look like a climber!"

Eduardo Slabofvic
15/07/2013
5:23:43 PM
On 15/07/2013 Robb wrote:
> the only comment I ever get is "you dont look like
>a climber!"

Do you sound like a climber?

Do you smell like a climber?

Do you feel like a climber?

Do you taste like a climber?
widewetandslippery
17/07/2013
9:51:56 AM
All my climbing mates shop at Lowes or Rays Outdoors or get fancy crap for free.

There are 14 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints