Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond: Super Chute Rope Bag. Volume 25 litres. Single adjustable shoulder strap. Rope tarp dimensions: 146 X 126cm. 400d nylon. Assorted colours. (Holds up to 80M Rope)  $49.00
30% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
OT - Jive ass anchors...

Miguel75
4/06/2013
1:24:17 PM
First Jive Dude: Shiiiiiii, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know?
Second Jive Dude: Hey home', I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you, man!
First Jive Dude: I say hey, sky... subba say I wan' see...
Second Jive Dude: Uh-huh.
First Jive Dude: ...pray to J I did the same-ol', same-ol'!
Second Jive Dude: Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man!
First Jive Dude: Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em...
First & Second Jive Dudes: ...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!
First Jive Dude: COL' got to be! Y'know? Shiiiiiii.

Translation - some honky's anchors are shonky;

http://jive-assanchors.com

E. Wells
4/06/2013
4:40:53 PM
this is casual racism , monkey boy.

Miguel75
4/06/2013
5:06:28 PM
On 4/06/2013 E. Wells wrote:
>this is casual racism , monkey boy.

Are you serious? Quoting jive talking turkeys from a dodgy 80's movie is racist?

EDIT; Would you please explain where the casual racism lies?

Snacks
4/06/2013
5:38:28 PM

this is casual sarcasm
Mike Bee
4/06/2013
6:27:27 PM

OMG!!! You made a reference to a primate. You're being racist too!

ambyeok
5/06/2013
12:44:12 PM
Imitating an ethnic group's manner of speaking for humour = casual racism

There is no context or reference to the movie, there is no other humour involved.

Give you an example, Team America World Police - the song "wonely" sung by Kim Jong Il, this is a piss-take on pronunciation of "l", it is casual racism. They get away with it cause they target everybody and are very bloody funny. They also get away with it cause they dont give a shit.

White Trash
5/06/2013
1:13:26 PM
On 5/06/2013 ambyeok wrote:
>Imitating an ethnic group's manner of speaking for humour = casual racism
>
>There is no context or reference to the movie, there is no other humour
>involved.
>
>Give you an example, Team America World Police - the song "wonely" sung
>by Kim Jong Il, this is a piss-take on pronunciation of "l", it is casual
>racism. They get away with it cause they target everybody and are very
>bloody funny. They also get away with it cause they dont give a shit.

imitating or quoting? (even though no reference given). was it humour? dont know as not my style but i think the response it getting is a bit precious. if real humour was to cut out any ethnicity then a lot of humour would disappera. would it get the same response if posted in fridqy funnies?
i read it as taking the piss about jive ass talk so who is offended?

first post link was interesting. maybe chockstone should start a thread with pics of shonky anchors.

Miguel75
5/06/2013
6:22:44 PM
Point taken about the quote, I'll include a reference in future.

I took it for granted that everyone would (should) know "Flying High" off by heart...

nmonteith
5/06/2013
6:55:27 PM
I think I good reference point for "is it casual racism or not" is asking yourself the question - would you repeat the joke/accent to a room full of the people you are referring to in the joke?

ajfclark
5/06/2013
7:07:40 PM
On 5/06/2013 nmonteith wrote:
>I think I good reference point for "is it casual racism or not" is asking yourself the question - would you repeat the joke/accent to a room full of the people you are referring to in the joke?

While in good mental health and not suicidally depressed.

Miguel75
5/06/2013
7:24:12 PM
On 5/06/2013 nmonteith wrote:
>I think I good reference point for "is it casual racism or not" is asking
>yourself the question - would you repeat the joke/accent to a room full
>of the people you are referring to in the joke?

If I were in a room full of jive talking hep cats I'd bust my conk getting my jive in the groove....

Eduardo Slabofvic
5/06/2013
8:01:07 PM
Maybe you should get some stubby holders printed with those words on them and start passing them around
singersmith
6/06/2013
10:33:14 AM
The racism here is overwhelming:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=37b_1257286049

IdratherbeclimbingM9
Online Now
6/06/2013
10:45:37 AM
On 6/06/2013 singersmith wrote:
>The racism here is overwhelming:
>
>http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=37b_1257286049

~> but sadly funny in a social comment type of way...

Who said humour can't be used to convey perceived truth?
;-)

On 5/06/2013 White Trash wrote:
>first post link was interesting. maybe chockstone should start a thread with pics of shonky anchors.

Anchor assessment has come up from time to time in various threads, however I am unaware of a dedicated thread to that topic. You are free to start one if you have a suitable picture...
Reluctant
6/06/2013
11:16:21 AM
I must stop talking slow and finishing my sentences with "a" because of my casual racism to Queenslanders.
The assumption that jive was only a black thing is "presumptive racism". To assume someone using rappers (in a current reference) as a joke with bling, grills, hats, ho's etc, is being racist is to forget , ignore, or be preconditioned to place a particular race as the object of ridicule. This has more to do with the observer than the " humorist".

Don't forget in flying high the end result with the wasp grandma.

Coming from a family with a diverse collection ( aus, German, Thai, Sri Lankan, swede) I have come to know that those who skirt the issues and choose their words most carefully are the ones with the most entrenched preconceptions.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
Online Now
6/06/2013
12:41:04 PM
Hmm.
Jive ass anchors.

~> Brings to mind the thread Advice on lowering from a bolt.., interesting on a number of fronts ...
Heh, heh, heh.

ambyeok
6/06/2013
1:05:48 PM
On 6/06/2013 Reluctant wrote:
>...I have come to know that those who skirt the issues and
>choose their words most carefully are the ones with the most entrenched
>preconceptions.

Oh bollocks. Am I racist cause I know blackface is offensive?

I take your point with presumptive racism - in fairness nothing in the post suggests a deragoraty implication.

There are 17 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints