Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

Black Diamond: 10mm DYNEX: 60cm (24") Runner. (Open round sling) Great for making "extender" quick-draws. IMO   $10.00
28% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Poll Option Votes Graph
Swap gear for a pound of Nimbin's finest 1
3% 
Take up lawn bawls 2
7% 
Toughen the f#@k up princess! 8
27% 
Get an on going prescription for dexies 2
7% 
Stay at Araps until cured 17
57% 

 Page 2 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 43
Author
Bold to Bald
One Day Hero
11/02/2013
11:48:14 AM
On 8/02/2013 maadness wrote:

>So i'm still at the crossroads. What should i do? Any comments welcome
>(maybe!?!)

Mate, you've lost your touch on the rock and your head has gone to shit, it would happen to almost everyone who takes that much time off. You can get it back, but not just by wishing for it.

I always find that tons of toproping and bouldering is essential to get the feel for the rock again (especially in your feet). Once the body is doing what you want it to, you can start working on running things out. You gotta get regular though, 2 days a week on rock every week.........or go the whole hog and set up in the Pines for 2 months, you'll definitely be back in form by the end.
maadness
11/02/2013
7:54:37 PM
Cheers all for your insightful responses, that not only where helpful but also very nice and friendly. Whoever said youse guys were a bunch of grumpy malevolent rancorous animals! Heading to the Blue Mountains early next week for 1 or 2 weeks to have a good look around (and doing a canyoning trip on the 23rd that i got for xmas) so anybody got any recommendations for places to go, camp, drink, backpacker accom, physio/chiro/massage care?
martym
12/02/2013
12:31:02 PM
On 11/02/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>A friend tried to juggle cams on the lip of Buffalo gorge and dropped it.
> M9 went and found it.

wow, expensive juggling balls... were they his?

shortman
12/02/2013
1:08:53 PM
On 12/02/2013 martym wrote:
>On 11/02/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>>A friend tried to juggle cams on the lip of Buffalo gorge and dropped
>it.
>> M9 went and found it.
>
>wow, expensive juggling balls... were they his?

Not really. High end balls used to come in above $200 each. Over $1400 for a set.
kieranl
12/02/2013
2:11:25 PM
On 12/02/2013 shortman wrote:
>On 12/02/2013 martym wrote:
>>On 11/02/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>>>A friend tried to juggle cams on the lip of Buffalo gorge and dropped
>>it.
>>> M9 went and found it.
>>
>>wow, expensive juggling balls... were they his?
>
>Not really. High end balls used to come in above $200 each. Over $1400
>for a set.
Wow! They saw you guys coming. You could buy a set of juggling chainsaws for that price.

shortman
12/02/2013
2:17:56 PM
On 12/02/2013 kieranl wrote:
>On 12/02/2013 shortman wrote:
>>On 12/02/2013 martym wrote:
>>>On 11/02/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>>>>A friend tried to juggle cams on the lip of Buffalo gorge and dropped
>>>it.
>>>> M9 went and found it.
>>>
>>>wow, expensive juggling balls... were they his?
>>
>>Not really. High end balls used to come in above $200 each. Over $1400
>>for a set.
>Wow! They saw you guys coming. You could buy a set of juggling chainsaws
>for that price.

Used to be $1200 a pop for chainsaws. Was cool making them. Got handles pre made and used to attach them through the oil tank, since the saws would never get any use it didn't matter if they had oil.
kieranl
12/02/2013
2:20:22 PM
On 12/02/2013 shortman wrote:

>Used to be $1200 a pop for chainsaws. Was cool making them. Got handles
>pre made and used to attach them through the oil tank, since the saws would
>never get any use it didn't matter if they had oil.
>
You can buy cordless ones for $199

shortman
12/02/2013
2:24:01 PM
A juggling chainsaw is just not any old saw. It's a chainsaw with a weighted handle, blunt teeth and no oil!

shortman
12/02/2013
2:29:09 PM


See the trickyness??
One Day Hero
12/02/2013
2:34:39 PM
So did you modify cats for juggling too?
spicelab
12/02/2013
2:40:50 PM
I'm quite attracted to the idea of lawn bawls in principle, but I've never been good at crying on cue.

shortman
12/02/2013
2:57:06 PM
On 12/02/2013 One Day Hero wrote:
>So did you modify cats for juggling too?

Gee ODH, why do you have to bring cats and animal cruelty into it all when we were having a totally serious conversation. Now I'm upset. I will not respond until I know your real name and that you are a real person from a real world.
kieranl
12/02/2013
3:12:18 PM
Damn jugglers will even stoop to retro-bolting chainsaws
Where's the fun in watching someone juggle a passle of toothless tools? We're hoping for blood.

shortman
12/02/2013
3:50:42 PM
Interesting fact - It is much harder to juggle a chainsaw when it is not running. The question for all the math heads is why?
maadness
12/02/2013
4:41:05 PM
Wish i added 'juggling chainsaws' to the list.

shortman
12/02/2013
4:51:37 PM
On 12/02/2013 kieranl wrote:
>Damn jugglers will even stoop to retro-bolting chainsaws
>Where's the fun in watching someone juggle a passle of toothless tools?
>We're hoping for blood.

I can personally guarantee that they hurt like hell when they make contact with the head, face, chest, arms, shoulders, knees, feet and balls. Does that help?
kieranl
12/02/2013
5:19:56 PM
On 12/02/2013 shortman wrote:

>I can personally guarantee that they hurt like hell when they make contact
>with the head, face, chest, arms, shoulders, knees, feet and balls. Does
>that help?
Yep.
Decoy
12/02/2013
5:37:56 PM
On 12/02/2013 shortman wrote:
>Interesting fact - It is much harder to juggle a chainsaw when it is not
>running. The question for all the math heads is why?

Is it because the resultant force from the spinning motor components help spin the rest of the chainsaw spin in the other direction, resulting in the juggler not needing to input as much force to keep them spinning?

or

Is it that the spinning motor components create some sort of gyroscopic stabilisation on the chainsaw?

shortman
12/02/2013
6:20:37 PM
On 12/02/2013 Decoy wrote:
>On 12/02/2013 shortman wrote:
>>Interesting fact - It is much harder to juggle a chainsaw when it is
>not
>>running. The question for all the math heads is why?
>
>Is it because the resultant force from the spinning motor components help
>spin the rest of the chainsaw spin in the other direction, resulting in
>the juggler not needing to input as much force to keep them spinning?
>
>or
>
>Is it that the spinning motor components create some sort of gyroscopic
>stabilisation on the chainsaw?
>
On the money! Gyroscopic stabilisation would describe it.

They kind of 'hover' when they are running and are just outright hard and heavy to juggle when they are not.
kieranl
12/02/2013
9:54:40 PM
Now that's what I call an educational thread hijack.

 Page 2 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 43
There are 43 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints