Just letting everyone know Bryden Allen's original 1963 guide book 'Rock Climbs of NSW' is now available for download at: http://www.brydenallen.com/ (go to the bottom of the page and click the pic on the left). Its been scanned as is and is a lovely old piece of climbing history as its the first guide produced covering NSW.
- Prologue by Russell Kippax
- A brief history of climbing in NSW
- Brydens original description and sketches of the carrot bolt and fixed hanger.
- Sydney: Lindfield, Glenbrook
- Grose: King George (Mt Banks), Pierces Pass, Lockleys Pylon, Pulpit Rock, The Fortress
- Around Katoomba: Medlow Bath, Rhum Dhu, Narrow Neck, Sublime Point, 3 Sisters
- The Wolgan
- Mt Coree
- Warrumbungles: Crater Bluff, Belougeries, The Breadknife.
The pic on the cover is of a young Bryden Allen (on the left) with Jack Pettigrew and is taken from Luke's Throne looking towards the north face of Crater Bluff.