Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond: "Vario Speed Harness" Classic. One side fits all. Large (pre-threaded) quick-adjsut buckles. Wide nylon webbing. (Recommended for Gym use) SUPER SPECIAL!!!  $59.00
26% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 10 of 10. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 180 | 181 to 189
Author
wood fires at Arapiles

Doug
15/02/2012
10:19:42 PM
Yep and they could have done stuff like split some long sections of timber and placed them over in the gums in the run-off channels that have developed to slow down and disperse fast flowing water when it rains hard so erosion is minimised. It does not really seem that Parks Victoria has any sort of coherent vision for Tuan Arapiles State Park ...

Eduardo Slabofvic
15/02/2012
11:31:23 PM
On 15/02/2012 Doug Bruce wrote:
> It does not really seem that Parks Victoria has any sort
>of coherent vision for Tuan Arapiles State Park ...

Ignore this at your/our peril.

go read HRCC's Tourism master Plan that was on public exhibition of the christmas period, or Tourism Victoria's stuff on the following links

http://www.tourism.vic.gov.au/images/stories/Documents/StrategiesandPlans/RMDP-Grampians-2010-2011.pdf

Doug
16/02/2012
6:18:20 AM
On 15/02/2012 Eduardo Slabofvic. wrote:
>
>Ignore this at your/our peril.
>
>go read HRCC's Tourism master Plan that was on public exhibition of the
>christmas period, or Tourism Victoria's stuff on the following links
>
>http://www.tourism.vic.gov.au/images/stories/Documents/StrategiesandPlans/RMDP-Grampians-
>010-2011.pdf

By coherent, what I meant was, "Does it make any sense?" And then of course there is the question of whether the plan is actually being implemented. ;-)
>
>
johnpitcairn
31/10/2013
9:02:28 AM
We are considering a trip to Arapiles in May 2014 (from Auckland). I for one would love to camp, but others in the group may be less keen, and this might swing the decision.

Does the fire ban still include May? Brrr.

If not, does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere to purchase firewood?
Will_P
31/10/2013
11:33:07 AM
The weekend before last I noticed you can buy firewood at the BP (I think) on the road through Horsham to Natimuk - on the other side to the Safeway / Woolworths supermarket. $10 a bag? Or it could've been $7?
lacto
31/10/2013
3:44:56 PM
very expensive way to buy wood . box and red gum retail for $100 to $130 a tonne in the towns so very dear wood and a lot of the time it isn't very good
johnpitcairn
31/10/2013
4:17:42 PM
Well yes, but we aren't likely to haul a tonne out to the camp in an already fairly full rental car ;-)

Anyone - are the fire pits still banned in May?
kieranl
31/10/2013
4:28:11 PM
No. Ban ends at end of March or April, can't remember which, but May is definitely OK.
Good for you planning to bring your wood. Too many people just ignore the fact that collection of firewood in the park is not allowed.
gfdonc
1/11/2013
12:00:34 PM
Don't buy in the servo (Shell I think) on the right in Stawell - ripped off there once, $15+ per bag I think.

Page 10 of 10. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 180 | 181 to 189
There are 189 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints