Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

Black Diamond "STOPPER" Set. (Sizes 4 to 13) - 10 pieces. Comes with a "free" karabiner for racking.   $109.00
16% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - Chockstone Feedback

Provide Feedback About This Website

Author
cutn pasting.....
.
11/01/2005
9:11:59 AM
On 11/01/2005 Edward Frillypants wrote:
>The fact is that the previous person's comments are on the thread anyway
>and have been or can be read. Is it really necessary to repeat them?? Do
>you really think people won't understand the relevance of what you are
>trying to say??

>Do you not have the imagination to formulate a response
>or make a point in your own prose??

climbau
11/01/2005
9:38:19 AM
I find the cut'n'paste thing quite handy on those threads where people are responding to comments a couple of days old. I can find it a bit frustrating when a thread seems to jump around and therefore find cut'n'paste a valuable tool for comprehension.
However, I do feel that the relevant sections only should be quoted and this does not always occur.
So perhaps people could try to keep their qouting to a minimum/relevant level.
Just another point of view.

climbau
11/01/2005
10:52:59 AM
In the context of your post I do find it patronising!
However in general I don't, it can often be a sign of clarifying the understanding and context of one's post.
But again, excessive quoting is unnecessary and in the context of your example(?) it most certainly is excessive as a simple straight forward response is all that is required in this situation.

ShinToe Warrior
11/01/2005
11:23:01 AM
On 11/01/2005 climbau wrote:
a simple straight forward response is all that is required in this situation.

People giving themselves whimsical usernames and omitting their real name and leaving no contact email
in their profile, would seem fairly likely to be using forums such as this one to vent about stuff they don't
like in the safety of anonymity. It's fairly pointless to engage in dialogue with them - if they are simply
trying to wind people up, unless you want to....
and/or they are being obvious arseholes who need taking down a peg or three :)

ShinToe Warrior
11/01/2005
12:18:47 PM
asshole is the yank spelling. arsehole is the anglo (and by historical usage, australian) version :)

anthonyk
20/05/2005
2:13:55 PM
On 11/01/2005 Edward Frillypants wrote:
>The fact is that the previous person's comments are on the thread anyway
>and have been or can be read. Is it really necessary to repeat them?? Do
>you really think people won't understand the relevance of what you are
>trying to say??

but you need to use quotes so people know what you're referring too, some threads end up all over the place.

>Do you not have the imagination to formulate a response
>or make a point in your own prose??

on a forum like this its a lot easier to put in a quote than to write it all out again. like:
"mr frillypants commented on the lack of imagination people have when they use quotes instead of answering in their own prose, i disagree!"

climbau
25/05/2005
8:40:19 AM
On 20/05/2005 anthonyk wrote:

>but you need to use quotes so people know what you're referring too, some
>threads end up all over the place.
Especially when people decide to go back and have posts deleted

ShinToe Warrior
25/05/2005
10:51:31 AM
On 25/05/2005 climbau wrote:
>On 20/05/2005 anthonyk wrote:
>
>>but you need to use quotes so people know what you're referring too,
>some
>>threads end up all over the place.
>Especially when people decide to go back and have posts deleted

Like the artist formerly known as Edward frillypants, who is now so *safely anonymous* that he calls
himself "."

There are 8 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints