Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

DMM: New DMM "Belay Master 2" screwgate. I-beam construction and plastic clip. (State of the Art!) N/B Only 1 left!  $25.00
28% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Cam size comparison

miguel75
15/09/2013
2:48:22 PM
I like gear and usually buy a new piece because it's sparkly. I really don't need a size comparison chart to help me justify my purchases but I reckon these charts (linked below) will help my wife (and maybe yours) understand exactly where the dangerous gaps are in my rack.

Imagine being able to say to your partner, with awesome charts and colours (and a straight face) , "Honey, as you can see from the accompanying chart, I am completely exposed and in great peril when climbing any crack greater then XX inches. Yes, I could just stay away from cracks that size, though to be safe, I should have something with which to protect myself... For safety's sake, and remember the data confirms the gaps in my rack, I must purchase at least two #6 C4's!"

Mountain project thread;

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/cam-comparison/108337241

The chart;

http://estk.github.io/camvis/?1=1&2=1&3=1&4=1&5=1&6=1&10=1

Another post with really cool charts and axes (not choppy things, plural of axis) and things;

http://www.summitpost.org/size-matters-a-gear-comparison/694359
skegly
15/09/2013
6:29:18 PM
I bet your partner will simply say you should stay away from cracks. Expecially without protection.

ajfclark
16/09/2013
8:12:03 AM
Yeah, mine uses the line "If the cracks in the rock are that big, you shouldn't be climbing it". I still have a #5 and #6 camalot though...
PDRM
16/09/2013
8:15:17 AM
Wonder why Wild Country Friends were so conspicuously omitted

Miguel75
16/09/2013
2:13:11 PM
I believe the person who posted the chart is updating it if you send through figures via googledocs.

From when I first saw it there have been a number of addiditons; Wild Country new friends...
lockydoc
16/10/2013
7:20:57 PM
mmmm what about the dmm dragons???
rolsen1
16/10/2013
9:36:22 PM
I didn't know about the BD X4s, anyone got them? Thinking of the 0.1 and 0.2.
martym
17/10/2013
12:41:00 AM
On 16/10/2013 lockydoc wrote:
>mmmm what about the dmm dragons???

They're in the summit post link...

ajfclark
17/10/2013
7:53:27 AM
On 16/10/2013 rolsen1 wrote:
>I didn't know about the BD X4s, anyone got them? Thinking of the 0.1 and
>0.2.

A friend has then, they are lovely to use. The .2 seems to be in very short supply.

Nick Da Frog
17/10/2013
9:41:59 AM
The X4 are really nice, just got a double set. Don't buy the 0.5 or 0.75, they are flexing too much, C4's is a better option.
The X4 0.3 and 0.4 are pretty much the same size as the C4's just a better flex and narrower head. (same goes for 0.5 and 0.75)
The 0.1 and 0.2 are pretty small, definitely the money for those small placements.
rolsen1
17/10/2013
9:47:27 AM
Thanks guys!

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints