Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Black Diamond "STOPPER" Set. (Sizes 4 to 13) - 10 pieces. Comes with a "free" karabiner for racking.   $109.00
16% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Rock exotica Omni pulleys

Miguel75
21/07/2013
11:28:58 PM
This piece of gear has to be one of the best examples of cross-mojonation since honey-butter;

http://www.rockexotica.com/products/pulleys/omni_blocks.html

I reckon it could be a good bit of kit if you use a 2:1 for hauling, apart from that I reckon it's a bit specialized. It also looks nice in orange;)

Anyone have one? Played with one? Want to sell one;)
argos44
22/07/2013
7:28:07 AM
I have one that I have bolted to the bottom of my ascender, that I use combined with a grigri for bolting. Allows super easy changover from going up to down. Really nice bit of gear. I bough mine from Lee Cujes - Upskill Climbing.

shortman
Online Now
22/07/2013
8:13:37 AM
Cool bit of kit Mike.

RE make some awesomely strong lightweight pulleys.
kieranl
22/07/2013
9:08:14 AM
The Rock Exotica pullies are really nice, along with a lot of their other stuff.

Most over-engineered bosun's chair ever. The pole is a flute section from an Aztec Vortex with a 720 rigging plate at each end,, hanging from 2 double-sheave omni-blocks on the dual track-line. Tie-ins are 2 Aztek edge-kits.

Omni-blocks and an Aztek edge-kit using its set-of-fours side on the A-Frame at one end of the dual-track line.

Miguel75 can start saving now :)

Duang Daunk
22/07/2013
9:58:14 AM
M9 will probably post now about how he did it with improvised bottle tops back in the day, and so implying that the modern generation of climbers are lightweight spurts by comparison, unless of course that due to their insatiable gearlust, they end up overloaded.
He is probably right.

shortman
Online Now
22/07/2013
11:20:39 AM
On 22/07/2013 kieranl wrote:
>The Rock Exotica pullies are really nice, along with a lot of their other
>stuff.
>

>Most over-engineered bosun's chair ever. The pole is a flute section from
>an Aztec Vortex with a 720 rigging plate at each end,, hanging from 2 double-sheave
>omni-blocks on the dual track-line. Tie-ins are 2 Aztek edge-kits.
>
Love the overkill Kieran!
One Day Hero
22/07/2013
12:03:19 PM
On 22/07/2013 shortman wrote:
>Love the overkill Kieran!

I don't look at that photo and see cunning 3D manoeuvrability of a stretchered patient, I see a group of 50yr old gear-junkies spending 3hrs on the set up and pull down, and a further 3hrs yammering away about the pros and cons of every possible rigging permutation..............can't really imagine a more tedious way to spend a sunny Saturday!

shortman
Online Now
22/07/2013
12:23:07 PM
You're just jealous you didn't get an invite.

miguel75
22/07/2013
4:58:47 PM
On 22/07/2013 shortman wrote:
>You're just jealous you didn't get an invite.

I am!

On 22/07/2013 kieranl wrote:
>Miguel75 can start saving now :)

Mmmm, I think I will... :)

IdratherbeclimbingM9
22/07/2013
7:12:54 PM
On 22/07/2013 Duang Daunk wrote:
>M9 will probably post now about how he did it with improvised bottle tops
>back in the day, and so implying that the modern generation of climbers
>are lightweight spurts by comparison, unless of course that due to their
>insatiable gearlust, they end up overloaded.
>He is probably right.

... and so are you, except back in the day we didn't use lighweight pulleys due they were all made of steel and usually ratted off industrial applications!
;-)

ajfclark
22/07/2013
8:18:31 PM
On 22/07/2013 One Day Hero wrote:
>can't really imagine a more tedious way to spend a sunny Saturday!

They spent some time causing catastrophic failures of the main line with a knife and an axe. Doesn't sound that boring actually...

IdratherbeclimbingM9
22/07/2013
9:13:16 PM
On 22/07/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>On 22/07/2013 One Day Hero wrote:
>>can't really imagine a more tedious way to spend a sunny Saturday!
>
>They spent some time causing catastrophic failures of the main line with
>a knife and an axe. Doesn't sound that boring actually...

Cicada would have been stoked if he had been given the chance to attend that exercise, as it sounds a definite notch up from the Stradbroke affair.
;-)
kieranl
22/07/2013
10:03:57 PM

We repeatedly rehearsed minimalist strategies for rescuing ODH.

(The hatchet is not a Rock Exotica product)
brendan
22/07/2013
10:24:47 PM
they are a nice piece of kit, i played with the single and the double version @ 5th point in Sydney on a course, too heavy for a climbing application though

There are 14 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints