Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Edelrid: "Ultralight Helmet" (Red) Fits 54 - 60cm Great heavy duty all-rounder. SUPER SPECIAL for a short time only!  $79.00
21% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Wanted to borrow

Miguel75
22/02/2013
3:49:23 PM
My upcoming multi day epic at WG has gone from a two man to a three man team, which has added a few new requirements. I'm looking to see if anyone has a single portaledge, though double is fine, and a mid sized haulbag they'd be interested in loaning out.

It will be lovingly looked after and replaced if destroyed;)

EDIT: I'll likely require it for 4 days and will be either from 5/03 or 19/03...

Pat
22/02/2013
4:02:03 PM
You're planning a multi day epic at Werribee Gorge?

Miguel75
22/02/2013
4:07:31 PM
On 22/02/2013 Pat wrote:
>You're planning a multi day epic at Werribee Gorge?

Maybe? I'm a bit tired and thought I'd edited that out;)
One Day Hero
22/02/2013
4:19:33 PM
The ledge at "werribee" is plenty good enough for someone to sleep on Miguel :)

Tell your late-joining mate to htfu!
pecheur
22/02/2013
4:26:52 PM
On 22/02/2013 Miguel75 wrote:
>My upcoming multi day epic at WG

Hehe, one of my friends is going to Camel's tomorrow, I should show her this, she what she thinks about the trip leader ...

shortman
22/02/2013
4:43:49 PM
You gotta think outside of the box miguel. Think in 3 dimensions.

Just jam 'em in Golgotha for the night.

stugang
22/02/2013
4:57:47 PM
Anyone planning a multiday epiic at WG is clearly doing a traverse - you sure that haulbag is going to be undamaged?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
22/02/2013
8:05:52 PM
Real hard men spend the night in etts...

Miguel75
22/02/2013
8:37:16 PM
On 22/02/2013 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>Real hard men spend the night in etts...

Yessss, they do... But I sir, am not a hard man!;)

We're planning a 3day ascent and I'm not sure I'll survive one night on the "ledge" (as per ODH's thoughts) and one in the etts;)

IdratherbeclimbingM9
22/02/2013
8:56:27 PM
I have a large haulbag and a small (read very small, ie smaller than a single) portaledge that you can borrow... On the proviso that you can pick up same, and return them.
~> Long way from WG I know...

Miguel75
22/02/2013
9:08:11 PM
On 22/02/2013 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>I have a large haulbag and a small (read very small, ie smaller
>than a single) portaledge that you can borrow... On the proviso that you
>can pick up same, and return them.
>~> Long way from WG I know...
>☺

Thanks Rod, that's very kind of you. When you say smaller than a single, is it shorter or narrower? Or both? I'll touch base with you as we get closer to D day;)
Cam McKenzie
22/02/2013
9:26:45 PM
Forget the ledge, just take a hammock. We didn't actually sleep on the 'ledge' at WG when we did Golgotha Direct (we fixed a few pitches, rapped to the ground and slept in hammocks, then went up to the hanging bivvy under the roof of Golgotha and stayed there for the night, then up to the top the next morning).

I picked up a cheap hammock made out of parachute sort of material from a camping shop in Bacchus Marsh (or was it Bright). Worked fine, easier to deal with than a ledge.

p.s. This is the one and only aid climb I've ever done, so I'm probably talking out my arse.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
24/02/2013
3:18:58 PM
On 22/02/2013 Cam McKenzie wrote:
>just take a hammock.

Although you can get by with a hammock, for more than one night, or a wet night, or a cold night, they are pretty ordinary in my opinion.

This is mainly due to the fact that it is hard to rig them in such a way that you are not leaning against the rock when in same. Wet rock/cold rock either wets you or sucks the warmth out of you...
Their biggest plus is that they are light weight and take up bugger all space in portage.

M75 wrote;
>When you say smaller than a single, is it shorter or narrower? Or both?

Is about full width but 2/3 the length and doesn't fold up.
It is a sheet of ply with prayer-mat insulation glued to it, and pre-rigged to hang from a single suspension point. If you sleep on it in a foetal position it is ideal...
It can be rigged as a backpack for portage to the climb, but must be hauled as an obstructive device!
It also doubles as an awsome belay ledge for two in a party of three...
Hehx3

There are 13 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints