Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Black Diamond "STOPPER" Set. (Sizes 4 to 13) - 10 pieces. Comes with a "free" karabiner for racking.   $109.00
16% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Sewing repairs recommendations?
huwj
22/06/2012
3:32:19 PM
Got some small sewing and patching needs doing to a few bits and pieces. Also might look at stitching some extra pitch/guy points to beef up my tent...

Any recommendations for someone cheap and reliable near the city?

I know of Remote Repairs and will probably use them for the tent work but suspect they are overkill (ie a bit expensive) for what I'm after with other things

I have all the materials and fabrics - I just don't have skills or access to a sewing machine!

Cheers
Olbert
22/06/2012
3:41:04 PM
On 22/06/2012 huwj wrote:
>Got some small sewing and patching needs doing to a few bits and pieces.
>Also might look at stitching some extra pitch/guy points to beef up my
>tent...
>
>Any recommendations for someone cheap and reliable near the city?
>
>I know of Remote Repairs and will probably use them for the tent work
>but suspect they are overkill (ie a bit expensive) for what I'm after with
>other things
>
>I have all the materials and fabrics - I just don't have skills or access
>to a sewing machine!
>
>Cheers

I just paid $45 to get the zipper of my pack lid repaired, and have it posted back to me, from Venus Repair Workshop in Sydney. No idea if that's a good price or not, I was just happy to find someone to repair it for me.
singersmith
22/06/2012
4:36:38 PM
You'll want to call Jani Ho in Coburg. Right next to the prison. 0415 050 285. He has a sewing shop and is really good at that stuff.

Or, I'll be back in Melbourne around the 1st and you can bring it to me in Alphington, I have an industrial machine as well.
gfdonc
23/06/2012
11:50:09 PM
Singer,
Back in Melbourne?
- Steve

JamesMc
24/06/2012
9:11:04 AM
Hand sewing isn't that difficult!

JamesMc
huwj
25/06/2012
9:33:54 PM
Thanks for the suggestions folks much appreciated.

Hand sewing is not that difficult, I know, but I think I'd rather just pay the pros and get a proper job done :-)

Cheers

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints