Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

DMM: DMM ALLOY "Offset" have arrived!!! #Sizes 7 - 11. (5 piece) Range: 12 to 23.5mm. (Great Compliment to DMM Wallnuts. (Refer Peenuts for Profile) Awesome Pro!  $93.00
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Which is your Favorite holds brand??

Diablo
4/06/2012
3:22:33 PM
Pretty straight forward, just wondering who's holds stand out from the rest?

I been climbing indoor and outdoor for a few years now, and my personal preference is So ILL, though they are pretty hard to get here.

1. So ILL
2. Uncarved Block

PS: please dont try to promote holds by a certain brand or whatever, this is just ment to be a dicussion about the different ones available. and what personal preferences people have. :) Thanks!

ajfclark
4/06/2012
3:33:17 PM
Please fix the thread title.
Duncan
4/06/2012
4:01:09 PM
On 4/06/2012 ajfclark wrote:
>Please fix the thread title.

Yes, it's "yaw".

ajfclark
4/06/2012
4:09:36 PM
Or yore...

IdratherbeclimbingM9
4/06/2012
4:12:32 PM
It may have been a better answer to your question if the thread simply listed the hold types as a poll asking what people prefer using?

Miguel75
4/06/2012
4:13:41 PM
Unless you use the ancient Egyption spelling variation that involves a dancing maiden and a silent 'p'
Duncan
4/06/2012
4:31:41 PM
Yargh, I've nothin' against ya squiddy, I just heard there was gold in ya belly.

Diablo
4/06/2012
4:38:29 PM
but seriously... anyone have answers rather then criticisms?

Miguel75
4/06/2012
5:47:37 PM
There's a bloke on here, Garry (?) that makes and sells holds. I've tried a few of his and like them, maybe check him out.

http://www.bigredclimbing.com.au

I also have a metolius training board and a few of their holds that seem to be ok...
One Day Hero
4/06/2012
5:54:21 PM
Should try making your own holds, especially if you've enjoyed the board building process. I prefer my wooden holds to any plastic ones. A bench mounted sander is the key.

salty crag
4/06/2012
6:38:34 PM
On 4/06/2012 One Day Hero wrote:
>Should try making your own holds, especially if you've enjoyed the board
>building process. I prefer my wooden holds to any plastic ones. A bench
>mounted sander is the key.

Totally agree with this. I also use a sanding disc on a variable speed angle grinder on low speed, great for making different shapes. Mix a bit of fine sand with the paint for grip.
dalai
4/06/2012
9:42:48 PM
On 4/06/2012 salty crag wrote:
>Mix a bit of fine sand with the paint for grip.

Noooooo!!!!! Shred your skin and shoes...

Sanded and shaped MDF (wear a mask sanding!) Once chalked very skin friendly texture - will make you strong!

Pat
5/06/2012
5:09:39 PM
Agree with Dalai - texture is for people with shares in the sticky rubber companies and titanium tips.

Holds,

I have bought rise holds - v good quality, but some of the texture is a little too coarse.

chossbagger
5/06/2012
7:22:21 PM
I'm a big fan of the Three Ball Holds that are made in Arizona. They aren't as nasty rough as some. I like the fact I can crank till failure on them without having the contact blowout from raw tips.

There are 14 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints