Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Black Diamond: 120cm Nylon Runner. (Open sewn sling) 18mm wide nylon. Assorted colours. Awesome value IMO. SOLD OUT!  $8.00
20% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Slack line recipe
f_ladou
11/05/2012
10:05:53 AM
I bought two trees recently and would like to install a slack line. What are the basic ingredients and where do I find them? How do I bake that cake?

François

ajfclark
11/05/2012
10:13:26 AM
Ingredients:
2 lengths of webbing for anchors
1 length of webbing for the line
2 line lockers
4 carabiners

Method:

Here's a few images from www.nwslackline.org designed to be printed on a double sided sheet and chucked in with the gear (Click to embiggen):

You can use steel rap rings or filed smooth chain links as line lockers.

Regarding the webbing, I find the cheaper, ribbed stuff harsher on my feet and prefer something smoother like Bluewater climbspec.

Shortman probably has some useful ideas around this too.
tskinner
11/05/2012
10:16:17 AM
I don't like the look of that drawn tree on the right. It looks very compromised :)

ajfclark
11/05/2012
10:25:20 AM
Speaking of compromising trees, it's worth finding some carpet off cuts to pad up the trees. It also saves your webbing from getting all gooey.

shortman
11/05/2012
10:29:30 AM
On 11/05/2012 ajfclark wrote:
>Speaking of compromising trees, it's worth finding some carpet off cuts
>to pad up the trees. It also saves your webbing from getting all gooey.

Or just use rope protectors. They don't fall down and slip and all that jazz.

shortman
11/05/2012
10:31:32 AM
And use lockers! Non-lockers are asking for trouble once you start bouncing around or get any real length to the line (+15m).

ajfclark
11/05/2012
10:50:43 AM
True. I have a bunch of steel oval lockers I bought just for slacklining. Another bonus is they pretty well force you to oppose the gates as you need the end furthest from the anchor to open but the gates won't stack on each other neatly.

I also tend to use a 5th locker clove hitched onto the tightening tail and wrap it around the tree and clip it back into the system somewhere.
f_ladou
12/05/2012
7:43:15 PM
Thanks a lot lot for the info. I'll keep you posted when I come round to it. My trees have to grow a bit...
François

White Trash
14/05/2012
8:31:34 PM
rope
prusiks with 3:1 haul system
biners
balance

you will be ok.
Wollemi
17/08/2012
8:14:15 PM
Another recipe;

Volvo has gone to extreme lengths to demonstrate the stability of its new truck range by staging a tightrope-walking stunt between two semi-trailers driving down a motorway.

(They) threw another life-threatening twist into the mix. The trucks drive at speed toward a pair of tube-like tunnels that will clearly accommodate the trucks, but not the tightrope strung between them or anyone on it.

The camerawork is impressive and the tension ratchets up as the trucks hurtle toward the tunnels, with Faith Dickey still mid-crossing.

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/tightrope-truck-terror-20120817-24cno.html

There are 10 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints