Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond: 10mm DYNEX: 60cm (24") Runner. (Open round sling) Great for making "extender" quick-draws. IMO   $10.00
28% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
5.10 Blackwings VS Teams

BoulderBaby
Online Now
19/12/2011
11:23:56 PM
Who's used them?

Also, anyone know where they're stocked in melb - hardrock only seem to go down to a 40.

ajfclark
20/12/2011
11:51:17 AM
Hardrock used to keep the teams up to 44. I wear the VCS in a 44 so I figured I'd try them on. I found them really uncomfortable. My second toe is slightly longer than my big toe and the knuckle seems to get pushed into the rubber of the toe cap when I weight my toes (I had the same issue with the Scarpa Vision Velcro's toe). Possibly a bigger size would've helped but hadrock couldn't help on that.

I ended up ordering two pairs of different shoes from the us and guessing sizes based on stuff I read and my sizing in the Anasazi VCS.

The blackwings I ordered half a size up. They are a really snug fit and I really like them. The toe cap doesn't seem to hurt my toes the way the teams did and it's got the heel of the teams which works way better than the VCS heel.

I also have a pair of the arrowheads in the same size as my VCS. They pretty well have the same toe as the blackwing with a heal more akin to the VCS except that it actually snugs up to my heel and doesn't have that void space I get in the VCS heel. These I possibly could've gone half a size up in too; they're wearable but not for long periods.

BoulderBaby
Online Now
20/12/2011
10:02:39 PM
On 20/12/2011 ajfclark wrote:
>The blackwings I ordered half a size up. They are a really snug fit and
>I really like them. The toe cap doesn't seem to hurt my toes the way the
>teams did and it's got the heel of the teams which works way better than
>the VCS heel.
>

This is helpful! Half size up on teams? I want the teams but my heel is small - I think I'm going to get the womens blackwings and I'm hoping that the heel is smaller but awesome.

ajfclark
20/12/2011
11:04:43 PM
My blackwings are half a size up from the tan VCS. The blackwings and the teams are similar sizes, I think the teams are a little tighter.

As far as I know, the heel is identical between the teams and the blackwings. It's way narrower than the VCS heel. [edit: According to 5.10's site, it is the same. ]

Organ Pipe
21/12/2011
8:57:36 AM
I concur that the Teams are much snugger than the Anasazi VCS'.

Not only smaller in actual measurement, but much snugger in the way they close around your foot. While you can open the VCS' right up to get your foot inside, thanks to the elastic across the bridge, getting your foot into the Teams is like cutting your own arm off. Hard to do, but even harder to undo.

I wouldn't worry about your heel lifting out of them :)

BoulderBaby
Online Now
21/12/2011
6:44:12 PM
Hmm. I've tried on the 40's in the teams, and I didn't need to use a quick draw(hehe) to assist them on so I think they were too big for me :P

Anyone know where they keep in stock the 38-39's in teams?

ajfclark
21/12/2011
9:34:28 PM
Mountain Designs used to stock 5.10 gear. No idea if they have the teams.

You could try asking HR to order some in. 38 isn't that small.

There are 7 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints