Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

DMM: Renegade SIZE LARGE. (2013 model) - Red piping... Adjustable Padded Harness, 7 Gear Loops Fits: Waist: 87-104cm Legs:55-70 cm N/B Waist belt padding floats - Awesome design IMO. Only 1 left!  $99.00
34% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Poll Option Votes Graph
Yes 3
100% 
No 0

Author
Bees @ Arapiles

robbie
27/03/2007
10:51:08 AM
First things first.

Get location data for known hives.

Post info to make people aware. VERY IMPORTANT

Imported Corcasion and Italian bee's are TOXIC. Italian's are a bit more aggressive. The consequences can be dia if a hasty retreat is impeaded. Even more so if the victim is allergic. A swarm in a standard Super (Bee box) normally houses around 30,000 bees. Think about that figure.

Bees are more hostile when the weather is changing

The Bees natural ememy. Bears, whom by the way have lots of hair for protection. We don't.

Bees Swarming is when a new queen emerges and decides too head off with a group of followers from the original hive. Thus creating a new hive at another location.

I'm happy if people wan't to e-mail me locations for assessment and recomendation on eradication or removal. Who doesn't like honey on their crumpets. No garantees that a new swarm will not take up residance. Position, position, position.

This a serious undertaking and should be approached in a proffessional manner.

Cheers

Robbie

nmonteith
27/03/2007
10:54:42 AM
what are we voting for or against?

neats
27/03/2007
10:56:23 AM
to remove or not?
JamieF
27/03/2007
10:58:30 AM
The importation of Bears?

nmonteith
27/03/2007
11:04:48 AM
On 27/03/2007 robbie wrote:
Who doesn't like honey on their crumpets?

muki
27/03/2007
11:07:10 AM
As was stated in an earlier post on this subject, ALL eradication must go through Parks Victoria.
The relationship we have with the local ranger is Quite good and it would be a shame for everyone if that
relationship was damaged by a lone ranger going after the bees without consulting and working with PV.
You sound like you know a bit about bees so why not contact the local ranger, Peter Hawker, and give
him the benifit of your expertise in this matter.
A list of all known hives is a great idea, I know of 3 sites that are definate hot spots, King Rat Gully, top
of the Watchtower, and middle of Tiger Wall, possibly also next to Agamemnon just at the start of
Collision Course.
I am also available to help with this work!. BP

Robbie
27/03/2007
11:29:10 AM
Hi BP,

This posting isn't meant to be a poll. I mucked up on my reaply to Tim

Thanks for the info on PV's Peter Hawker. I will be taking your advise and contacting himthrough the appropriate channels.

It certainly is not my intention rush in with both guns blasting. I see Bees hives as an issue that will stay with us and neads to be managed. Thanks for your offer to help.

Dom
27/03/2007
11:37:19 AM
There is a hive half way up Fever Pitch.

Eduardo Slabofvic
27/03/2007
11:53:39 AM
I prefer jam on my crumpets.

adski
27/03/2007
1:41:19 PM
And I prefer my jams free of bees

IdratherbeclimbingM9
28/03/2007
8:17:41 AM
I bee-lieve that should be JamBs
Heh, heh, heh.
:)

Alex
28/03/2007
9:33:51 AM
We could always import some hornets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDSf3Kshq1M

Spanky
28/03/2007
4:30:54 PM
There were some bees at the base of Megalomaniac a few weeks back... I heard that a climber was seriously stung about three weeks ago on Shaggy's Climb - is he/she ok?
dy
28/03/2007
9:49:00 PM
Can we finally bee done with this?

There are 14 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints