Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

DMM: New DMM "Belay Master 2" screwgate. I-beam construction and plastic clip. (State of the Art!) N/B Only 1 left!  $25.00
28% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Climbing Videos

Post links and comments about your favourite climbing flicks

Author
James McHaffie on The Meltdown (5.14d)

miguel75
28/08/2013
10:21:51 PM

Meltdown film from Adam Hocking on Vimeo.

I want to climb in Wales...
uwhp510
29/08/2013
2:45:26 PM
I love Johnny Dawes' shit talk about making shapes with your mind and all that. I'm guessing that to him its probably exactly how he actually thinks about climbing and that it all makes perfect sense, and that if you could somehow do the mapping which would enable it's translation it into phrases that other people were actually able relate to climbing, it would probably even be quite insightful, even though it comes out sounding like total bullshit.

On the other hand I might just be getting trolled by a master troll... though if that's the case, I'd still respect the effort.
PThomson
Online Now
29/08/2013
8:55:13 PM
Super inspiring climbing... I wish I could get back to the Welsh Slate immediately, just from watching this.

Have you read Dawes biography? It's thoroughly entertaining, but the vast majority of the stuff he spouts is literally nothing more than nonsense and gibberish. Admittedly, though, it's that kind of eccentricity that makes the Dawes one of my favourite climbing celebrities.

-Paul
mikllaw
29/08/2013
9:03:44 PM
On 29/08/2013 PThomson wrote:
>Super inspiring climbing... I wish I could get back to the Welsh Slate
>immediately,

Welsh slate = Cathedal slabs
there's an unrepeated 29 slab there

Pat
29/08/2013
9:26:40 PM

>
>Welsh slate = Cathedal slabs
>there's an unrepeated 29 slab there

At Cathedral?
mikllaw
29/08/2013
10:10:55 PM
On 29/08/2013 Pat wrote:
>At Cathedral?

sorry, cathedral NSW
but you are close to Ben Cairn, and Eurobin falls at Buffalo is just a hop, jump , and a tank of gas away

Miguel75
29/08/2013
10:32:42 PM
Ahhh, good old Ben Cairn... Anything at BC remind you of the route, "Rainbow of Recalcitrance"?

Stugang
29/08/2013
10:39:23 PM
On 29/08/2013 uwhp510 wrote:
>I love Johnny Dawes' shit talk about making shapes with your mind and all
>that. I'm guessing that to him its probably exactly how he actually thinks
>about climbing and that it all makes perfect sense, and that if you could
>somehow do the mapping which would enable it's translation it into phrases
>that other people were actually able relate to climbing, it would probably
>even be quite insightful, even though it comes out sounding like total
>bullshit.
>

Whilst not pretending to understand what johnny Dawes means with regard to climbing. I do get where he's coming from as one of the breakthroughs when I did my phd was a moment when I thought of floer homology in terms of colours ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floer_homology ). I tried to explain it to a way smarter colleague who thought I was on crack. Maybe he was right, but then again I did finish my thesis 12 months later, whereas he took years.

Ps. To set the record straight my friend has had a career of publishing smashing pure math papers and is an inspirational polymath.

Big G
30/08/2013
6:24:56 PM
I love slabs!

Such cool movement.

Snacks
Online Now
1/09/2013
9:38:22 AM
On 29/08/2013 PThomson wrote:
>Super inspiring climbing... I wish I could get back to the Welsh Slate
>immediately, just from watching this.
>
>Have you read Dawes biography? It's thoroughly entertaining, but the vast
>majority of the stuff he spouts is literally nothing more than nonsense
>and gibberish. Admittedly, though, it's that kind of eccentricity that
>makes the Dawes one of my favourite climbing celebrities.
>
>-Paul

Johnny speaks audible braille.

Slate looks like a lot of fun... I might need to look at the 6a end of the Welsh spectrum though. :)

There are 10 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints