Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Edelrid: "Ultralight Helmet" (Red) Fits 54 - 60cm Great heavy duty all-rounder. SUPER SPECIAL for a short time only!  $79.00
21% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
One Week in Victoria from Sat 24th Sep

adski
14/09/2005
10:33:30 PM
After seeing Neil's photos of how lush the Wimmera is at the moment, Klareralt and myself are heading down to Arapiles and Grampians to smell the flowers, join the Jack attack and climb for a week. We have room in the car for another couple of Sydney / Newcastle climbers - anyone interested?

We will be coming from Newcastle, and going through Sydney on Saturday morning. Returning the following Sunday.

If a week's not long enough for you, two other Newcastle climbers are also heading down for two weeks also with seats available. Hope you can join us!

adam
0425 252 464

(can't wait to see how many good placements I can get on Strolling)

cheesehead
14/09/2005
10:43:58 PM
>(can't wait to see how many good placements I can get on Strolling)

is that tricams or rolled over wires?
WM
15/09/2005
8:14:13 AM
... if Neil is the trend setter then your mandatory warm ups for Strolling are (ahem!) these routes .... ;)

Might see you out there...

nmonteith
15/09/2005
8:45:19 AM
You know as well as I do that I never warm up. I did those routes AFTER i did Strolling.

JJ
15/09/2005
8:57:14 AM
We have room in the car for another couple of Sydney / Newcastle climbers - anyone interested?

I'm interested in a case of Invalid Stout please, can't seem to find Monteith's Black anywhere :-)

JJ
James
15/09/2005
10:10:48 AM
the Ararat Safeway is a reliable source of Monteiths fine ales...

adski
15/09/2005
10:25:44 AM
On 14/09/2005 cheesehead wrote:
>>(can't wait to see how many good placements I can get on Strolling)
>
>is that tricams or rolled over wires?

Cheesey, I won't be messing around with novelty placements on a lead like Strolling - the only times I've used tricams was flicking the bastards out of the way when cleaning up the scraps from other people's leads. The fiddly little buggers had pumped the original leader out so much he couldn't complete the climb!

adski
15/09/2005
10:43:52 AM
On 15/09/2005 WM wrote:
>... if Neil is the trend setter then your mandatory warm ups for Strolling
>are (ahem!) these routes ....
> ;)
>
>Might see you out there...

Thanks Will I'll have to add those gems to my Arapiles - The Leftovers V list for sure.

On 15/09/2005 JJ wrote:
>I'm interested in a case of Invalid Stout please, can't seem to find Monteith's
>Black anywhere :-)

Sure, anyone else want to place an order? Reasonable shipping rates for bulk bearded ladies and camels.

And JJ what's with your new user icon? It doesn't look like you at all, he's got a shirt on!! The icon's actually like mine, but it looks startled as if all his gear has just fallen out. Or he's just done Strolling.

cheesehead
18/09/2005
3:29:29 PM
>on!! The icon's actually like mine, but it looks startled as if all
>his gear has just fallen out. Or he's just done Strolling.

Actually, He looks like he's just below the crux thinking "Oh no, I left my tricams at home!"

klareralt
18/09/2005
5:12:11 PM
>On 15/09/2005 adski wrote:
>
>Cheesey, I won't be messing around with novelty placements on a lead like
>Strolling - the only times I've used tricams was flicking the bastards
>out of the way when cleaning up the scraps from other people's leads.
>The fiddly little buggers had pumped the original leader out so much he
>couldn't complete the climb!

I'll take that as confirmation that you are happy to put the gear on Strolling, then? So All I have to do is waltz merrily up after you on second? I can put the gear on Spasm, that would only be fair then...

no, no... no need to say thanks!!!

phil_nev
18/09/2005
8:23:41 PM
hey adski, i will be in the gramps/araps from the 25th for about a week. You comin down with captain kneebar??

adski
19/09/2005
12:36:08 PM
Ok Klareralt I thought you'd be keen to head up to Curtain wall to get MooreHeaded again, but consider it a deal, just don't skip the 'critical' RP placement before the first bolt.. ;-)

Phil I'm happy to hook up for a hack or whatever, keen for Araps for the first few days at least. I've sent you a msg at the ph# JJ gave me. Capn Kneebar will likely be travelling with Chris "break it like" Bentham on the fri/sat, one day earlier. Be careful or you may be conned into belay duties for him on India, which could be 3 or 4 days worth. But then again, he's climbed past the crux before so it could be only 3-4 mins.

I'm hanging out for the trip now, bring on the sunshine.

klareralt
19/09/2005
7:38:00 PM
I can take Spasm without the first wire... Maybe even the gear you put in on Strolling. But there is no way in hell I'm going back to curtain wall.... I'd rather lead up "Terminal Dive"!!!! It'll be Moorehead one way or the other, but I'd prefer to have it my way.

Like the great dr. Howlett pointed out: Just trying to share the fear around. No reason to hog it!

phil_nev
20/09/2005
12:03:06 AM
Adski, didnt get your msg. I tried to PM you my number, but your box is full. We will definitly be at araps for a couple of days.
spicelab
19/10/2005
4:59:06 PM
How'd you go on Strolling adski?

From memory it's rather relieving when you get to the bolt. Then you fall off.

Scare factor aside it's freakin hard fopr the grade.

adski
23/06/2006
11:51:56 PM
Oops, late reply. That's exactly how it went Rohan, it took me quite a bit of energy to feel happy about my gear up to the bolt, and had a nice fall in the usual spot. The second try was a different story of course, it all went to smoothly, just like those lovely baby bottom bulges.

There are 16 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints