Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Set of 11 "Wallnuts" (1 to 11) N/B NEW Anodized colours!!! New "lighter" version. Steve's favourite wired Nuts.  $169.00
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Vic Ranges this Saturday
f_abe
10/10/2013
10:33:03 AM
Just wondering if anyone will be kicking about down south on Saturday, and if so, if there was a chance to hook up and climb something...
Cheers - Alex

ajfclark
10/10/2013
6:27:42 PM
Just keep in mind the vast majority of the Vic Range is closed.
f_abe
10/10/2013
6:55:58 PM
No stress, I'm well aware that the vicco branch of national parks n stuff is completely immune from any bureaucratic bullshit that somehow infiltrates all other states, and any closures are for extremely valid and good reasons (I hear the closed roads are so cos they're total death). But in a rare moment of social consciousness my desired areas are legit. In fact, last weekend, upon the request of an elder statesmen of vicco climbing I even parked where I was meant to and followed all rules...but then had to endure the whinging of another elder statesman of vicco climbing who saw the extra walk as nothing but a load of crap!
Wendy
10/10/2013
7:49:06 PM
On 10/10/2013 f_abe wrote:
.but then had to endure
>the whinging of another elder statesman of vicco climbing who saw the extra
>walk as nothing but a load of crap!

Gosh is 10minutes on a flat rd a bit much for elder statemen these days? Or was he just trying to avoid putting on leg muscle to keep their weight down?
f_abe
10/10/2013
9:24:57 PM
The way I see it, when I'm 70, I'm gonna be as opinionated as hell and avoid every extra step whenever possible!

Duang Daunk
10/10/2013
9:30:30 PM
>The way I see it, when I'm 70, I'm gonna be as opinionated as hell and
>avoid every extra step whenever possible!

Then being on chocky is just training eh?
kieranl
10/10/2013
9:57:06 PM
On 10/10/2013 Wendy wrote:
>On 10/10/2013 f_abe wrote:
>.but then had to endure
>>the whinging of another elder statesman of vicco climbing who saw the
>extra
>>walk as nothing but a load of crap!
>
>
>Gosh is 10minutes on a flat rd a bit much for elder statemen these days?
The road from Red Rock Creek to Anderson's Rd is resolutely uphill at the end of the day.
(and, contrary to reports, there were no sightings of persons who would be generally recognised as elder statesmen).

post-edit : wanted - Sherpa to carry drill and rope into secret crag (only 30 minutes, honest, cross-my-heart :) )

ajfclark
11/10/2013
7:52:44 AM
On 10/10/2013 kieranl wrote:
>post-edit : wanted - Sherpa to carry drill and rope into secret crag (only 30 minutes, honest, cross-my-heart :) )

Are you free during the week?

ajfclark
11/10/2013
7:59:02 AM
>No stress, I'm well aware that the vicco branch of national parks n stuff is completely immune from any bureaucratic bullshit that somehow infiltrates all other states, and any closures are for extremely valid and good reasons (I hear the closed roads are so cos they're total death). But in a rare moment of social consciousness my desired areas are legit. In fact, last weekend, upon the request of an elder statesmen of vicco climbing I even parked where I was meant to and followed all rules...but then had to endure the whinging of another elder statesman of vicco climbing who saw the extra walk as nothing but a load of crap!

I've been told it's a funding issue, but regardless of why it's closed, thanks for respecting the closures and access changes. While it might appear to be a load of crap, toeing the line does help the relationship with parks.
kieranl
11/10/2013
8:41:48 AM
On 11/10/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>On 10/10/2013 kieranl wrote:
>>post-edit : wanted - Sherpa to carry drill and rope into secret crag
>(only 30 minutes, honest, cross-my-heart :) )
>
>Are you free during the week?
Unfortunately back at work, so no.

ajfclark
11/10/2013
8:52:35 AM
*cough* *cough*

What's that K? You've got a cold? That's terrible... ;-)

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints