Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

Set of 11 "Wallnuts" (1 to 11) NB NEW Anodized colours!!! New "lighter" version. Steve's favourite wired Nuts.  $169.00
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Need partners for Melbourne indoor lead + outdoor
Dave_S
16/10/2012
6:29:00 PM
My primary climbing partner has packed up and moved interstate, so I'm now looking for others. I climb regularly at Hard Rock in the city on weeknights, but have a car and also head to to Altona and Nunawading occasionally.

I'm currently climbing up to about 18-19 on top-rope in the gyms (don't have a gym lead pass yet), and have trad led up to grade 14. Am very much keen to get both more trad experience and lead climbing passes for Cliffhanger and/or Hard rock. (I'm ready to take a gym lead assessment, but first need a belayer, and in the case of Hard Rock as few weeks of time on the waiting list.) Also happy to second or top-rope harder stuff outdoors.

I've got a rope, full trad rack and a car, and I'm a responsible belayer. What more could you want? A steak dinner after a climb? We'll talk about it. A rub and a tug after a climb? Sorry, I'll be too pumped. (Or will at least profess to being too pumped.)

Message me or post here.

shortman
Online Now
16/10/2012
6:43:37 PM
Sorry bro. No rub and tug = no climb.

:-)

Miguel75
16/10/2012
8:53:21 PM
Yeah I'd have to agree with Dan...

The high standards some people have are, in a nutshell, disappointing;)

I'm up for a climb anytime...

shortman
Online Now
16/10/2012
9:09:50 PM
On 16/10/2012 Miguel75 wrote:
>Yeah I'd have to agree with Dan...
>
>The high standards some people have are, in a nutshell, disappointing;)
>
>
>I'm up for a climb anytime...

Is that an intentional use of the word 'up'?


miguel75
16/10/2012
9:20:44 PM
On 16/10/2012 shortman wrote:
>On 16/10/2012 Miguel75 wrote:
>>Yeah I'd have to agree with Dan...
>>
>>The high standards some people have are, in a nutshell, disappointing;)
>>
>>
>>I'm up for a climb anytime...
>
>Is that an intentional use of the word 'up'?

Yup, climbing makes me happy! Real happy;)

I'm very happy today as I climbed at WG all day.... yay for me!

shortman
Online Now
16/10/2012
10:00:09 PM
On 16/10/2012 miguel75 wrote:
>On 16/10/2012 shortman wrote:
>>On 16/10/2012 Miguel75 wrote:
>>>Yeah I'd have to agree with Dan...
>>>
>>>The high standards some people have are, in a nutshell, disappointing;)
>>>
>>>
>>>I'm up for a climb anytime...
>>
>>Is that an intentional use of the word 'up'?
>
>Yup, climbing makes me happy! Real happy;)
>
>I'm very happy today as I climbed at WG all day.... yay for me!

Good for you Miguel75. I had a wack day and then whilst contemplating my wack day I reversed into my housemates car. It then started raining at the precise moment I arrived at my training wall.

shortman
Online Now
16/10/2012
10:01:43 PM
On 16/10/2012 Dave_S wrote:
>My primary climbing partner has packed up and moved interstate, so I'm
>now looking for others. I climb regularly at Hard Rock in the city on weeknights,
>but have a car and also head to to Altona and Nunawading occasionally.
>
>I'm currently climbing up to about 18-19 on top-rope in the gyms (don't
>have a gym lead pass yet), and have trad led up to grade 14. Am very much
>keen to get both more trad experience and lead climbing passes for Cliffhanger
>and/or Hard rock. (I'm ready to take a gym lead assessment, but first need
>a belayer, and in the case of Hard Rock as few weeks of time on the waiting
>list.) Also happy to second or top-rope harder stuff outdoors.
>
>I've got a rope, full trad rack and a car, and I'm a responsible belayer.
>What more could you want? A steak dinner after a climb? We'll talk about
>it. A rub and a tug after a climb? Sorry, I'll be too pumped. (Or will
>at least profess to being too pumped.)
>
>Message me or post here.

Alright I feel bad for hijacking your thread. I'll climb with ya.

ajfclark
17/10/2012
7:34:34 AM
On 16/10/2012 Dave_S wrote:
>My primary climbing partner has packed up and moved interstate, so I'm now looking for others. I climb regularly at Hard Rock in the city on weeknights, but have a car and also head to to Altona and Nunawading occasionally.

These guys do a regular Monday night at Hardrock CBD: http://www.meetup.com/rockclimbing-115/

They also do other nights at Nunawading, though less regularly. Good way to meet more keen people.
Dave_S
19/10/2012
12:53:00 PM
On 16/10/2012 shortman wrote:
>Alright I feel bad for hijacking your thread. I'll climb with ya.

I think I'll need you to clarify your rub+tub expectations first. ;-)


On 17/10/2012 ajfclark wrote:
>These guys do a regular Monday night at Hardrock CBD:
>http://www.meetup.com/rockclimbing-115/
>
>They also do other nights at Nunawading, though less regularly. Good
>way to meet more keen people.

Thanks. I'd seen them before but assumed they were more top-rope/beginner focussed. On closer inspection it seems my assumption may not have been entirely accurate...
dawyndham
22/10/2012
9:49:43 AM
On 19/10/2012 Dave_S wrote:
>On 16/10/2012 shortman wrote:
>>Alright I feel bad for hijacking your thread. I'll climb with ya.
>
>I think I'll need you to clarify your rub+tub expectations first. ;-)
>
>
>On 17/10/2012 ajfclark wrote:
>>These guys do a regular Monday night at Hardrock CBD:
>>http://www.meetup.com/rockclimbing-115/
>>
>>They also do other nights at Nunawading, though less regularly. Good
>>way to meet more keen people.
>
>Thanks. I'd seen them before but assumed they were more top-rope/beginner
>focussed. On closer inspection it seems my assumption may not have been
>entirely accurate...

The meetup group is a mix. There are a lot of beginners looking for other climbers to climb with instead of friends who were happy to try it once, but not into climbing as a regular thing.
There are also a lot of people who have moved to Melbourne from overseas with previous climbing experience, moved back to Melbourne after being away for a while (I fit into that group), or have had their regular climbing partners move away / get injured or otherwise stopped climbing.
dalai
22/10/2012
3:18:29 PM
Do you get a commission ajfclark? ;-)

shortman
Online Now
22/10/2012
3:23:01 PM
On 22/10/2012 dalai wrote:
>Do you get a commission ajfclark? ;-)

Apparently it is how he paid for his new place.

ajfclark
22/10/2012
7:24:41 PM
On 22/10/2012 dalai wrote:
>Do you get a commission ajfclark? ;-)

No. The VCC noticed that Chris was doing a useful thing for the climbing community and sponsored his group, covering his costs to run it. Some of them join the club in future so the club might gain a few members, but I don't personally get anything from it.
nick r
4/01/2013
10:48:28 AM
hey dave,
hopefully your still looking for a partner or an extra one.
i climb pretty regularly in the city too. unfortunately for me my main climbing mate is injured for a while. iv got a lead pass and have been leading for the past 4 months quite regularly. i get outdoors occasionally and would keen for that as well. iv got heeps of free time and am trying to climb as much as i can the next couple of weeks. my numbers 0432 188 758.

cheers, nick

dr box
4/01/2013
11:25:41 AM
Hay dave

Im keen for anything outdoors, expect werribee.
Have car and heaps.of gear. Im in preston. And like steak.
Shall we?
Cheers

Miguel75
4/01/2013
3:02:18 PM
On 4/01/2013 dr box wrote:
>Hay dave
>
>Im keen for anything outdoors, expect werribee... SNIP...

BLASPHEMY! Mods, this post is discriminatory and should be removed...

No Werribee? Sheesh, next you'll be saying no Staughton Vale either...

;)

Edited for clarity once my rage and blood pressure subsided;)

E. Wells
4/01/2013
6:30:58 PM
Hey , I too am looking to gain lead permission tags and I love meat in my mouth and getting totally pumped. Pumped stupid. PM me. P.s, whats your shoe size? I may have some brand new shoes for you, they dont fit me. Please call.

There are 17 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints