Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Wild Country: Set of 7 X WC Rockcentrics. (Sizes 3 to 9) Anodized different colours! SUPER SPECIAL!  $119.00
30% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All NSW (General) (General) (General)  

Author
New New Nowra Gold Mine Crag No More . . .

Macciza
21/06/2013
12:00:44 AM
The newest New Nowra crag is no more . . .

That's right - 'Macca's Mighty Wall' , 'a superb section of overhanging choss' has repelled the spurt-bunnies and breached theCrag.com guidelines. You'd think Munty would have learn from the last time he breached guidelines but no . . .

It now silently awaits the talents of the Blue Mountains finest trad climbers to establish climbs and name it more appropriately . . .

Cheers
MM
plugngo
21/06/2013
12:35:43 AM
I tried to translate this to English, but google Translate couldn't detect the language.

The good Dr
21/06/2013
9:07:37 AM
You should have used Bongle Translate.

BundyBear
21/06/2013
9:14:31 AM
On 21/06/2013 Macciza wrote:
>The newest New Nowra crag is no more . . .
>
>It now silently awaits the talents of the Blue Mountains finest trad climbers
>to establish climbs and name it more appropriately . . .
>
>Cheers
>MM

On a serious note, there is a mighty 40m crack on reasonable rock that makes its thru this wall. Its just waiting for a FA. I know Johnny Wog Dog has his eyes on it... Maybe Macca or Paul T should have a look this weekend....
One Day Hero
21/06/2013
9:32:57 AM
This weekend is forecast for serious spoodge down there, again! Wish the weekly rain cycle would recalibrate.

BundyBear
21/06/2013
9:54:13 AM
On 21/06/2013 One Day Hero wrote:
>This weekend is forecast for serious spoodge down there, again! Wish the
>weekly rain cycle would recalibrate.

Yeah crap hey ! Today would be perfect ...
uwhp510
21/06/2013
10:40:10 AM
So apparently the weekly rain cycle is at least partly caused BY the working week, since the particulates from commuters car exhausts act as cloud seeders.

From the ultimate source of all authority and knowledge... Wikipedia;

"The fine particulate matter produced by car exhaust and other human sources of pollution forms cloud condensation nuclei, leads to the production of clouds and increases the likelihood of rain. As commuters and commercial traffic cause pollution to build up over the course of the week, the likelihood of rain increases: it peaks by Saturday, after five days of weekday pollution has been built up. In heavily populated areas that are near the coast, such as the United States' Eastern Seaboard, the effect can be dramatic: there is a 22% higher chance of rain on Saturdays than on Mondays."

Good luck with that recalibration of the rain events away from the weekends :)

bw
21/06/2013
10:47:32 AM
On 21/06/2013 uwhp510 wrote:
>So apparently the weekly rain cycle is at least partly caused BY the working
>week, since the particulates from commuters car exhausts act as cloud seeders.
>
>From the ultimate source of all authority and knowledge... Wikipedia;
>
>"The fine particulate matter produced by car exhaust and other human sources
>of pollution forms cloud condensation nuclei, leads to the production of
>clouds and increases the likelihood of rain. As commuters and commercial
>traffic cause pollution to build up over the course of the week, the likelihood
>of rain increases: it peaks by Saturday, after five days of weekday pollution
>has been built up. In heavily populated areas that are near the coast,
>such as the United States' Eastern Seaboard, the effect can be dramatic:
>there is a 22% higher chance of rain on Saturdays than on Mondays."
>
>Good luck with that recalibration of the rain events away from the weekends
>:)

Yeah, my mate in munich swears this is the case up there too.

Macciza
21/06/2013
11:14:07 AM
Sorry to digress from the mainstream of this discussion about weather cycles . . .

Basically Munty (nielo) has been being childish again on theCrag.com database, naming an unclimbed section of alleged choss after me, despite having previously gotten in trouble for doing the same sort of thing, and so the listing got removed from the database.

But for a few days it existed and so just thought I should inform everyone of the fact that it had been 'chopped', so that no spurt climbers would be put at risk trying to find it . . .

Thanks for the tip Bundy, maybe I should get down there for a look, hopefully it won't be ringed by the time I get there . .;~}
Pommy
21/06/2013
12:57:00 PM
On 21/06/2013 Macciza wrote:
>Basically Munty (nielo) has been being childish again

But name-calling is totally grown up

ashfall tuff
26/06/2013
7:58:43 AM
Its still another alternative though. you should consider kaputar for some new routes, quite a bit of choss too. I remember camping at NN for about a month, met you then, would have been 5 yrs ago now, i was camping with tall Hugh.

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints