Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Black Diamond: Super Chute Rope Bag. Volume 25 litres. Single adjustable shoulder strap. Rope tarp dimensions: 146 X 126cm. 400d nylon. Assorted colours. (Holds up to 80M Rope)  $49.00
30% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Arapiles The Pharos (General) Death Row [ Arapiles Guide | Arapiles Images ] 

Author
Social Comment @ Araps

Robbie
11/06/2013
11:32:22 AM
Hey All I did Social Comment (*14) on Death Row Pinnacle on the weekend. A fantastic climb at the grade. However, the hollow flake on the second pitch sounded a little to hollow for me. It was OK to pull on for a move, however upon inspection I decided to place pro somewhere else. Has anyone been there and got and opinion on this?

pmonks
11/06/2013
2:17:30 PM
Using social media to get comments on Social Comment? BEST TROLL EVAH!!!1

IdratherbeclimbingM9
11/06/2013
3:31:36 PM
On 11/06/2013 pmonks wrote:
>Using social media to get comments on Social Comment? BEST TROLL EVAH!!!1

Sorry to inform* you, but you are bent pmonks... ☺
~> in the nicest possible way!
Heh, heh, heh.

(* I think the original post is genuine).

On 11/06/2013 Robbie wrote:
>(snip) the hollow flake on the second
>pitch sounded a little to hollow for me. It was OK to pull on for a move,
>however upon inspection I decided to place pro somewhere else. Has anyone
>been there and got and opinion on this?

Have not done the route, however I believe you made the right decision in using your judgement at the time.

ajfclark
11/06/2013
4:56:42 PM
On 11/06/2013 Robbie wrote:
>Hey All I did Social Comment (*14) on Death Row Pinnacle on the weekend.
> A fantastic climb at the grade. However, the hollow flake on the second
>pitch sounded a little to hollow for me. It was OK to pull on for a move,
>however upon inspection I decided to place pro somewhere else. Has anyone
>been there and got and opinion on this?

The description on thecrag mentions that it's avoidable.

I led it as a single pitch and I'm pretty sure I didn't pull on the flake or put gear behind it, but I found the moves above where the belay would be quite committing.

There are 4 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints