Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Set of 11 "Wallnuts" (1 to 11) N/B NEW Anodized colours!!! New "lighter" version. Steve's favourite wired Nuts.  $169.00
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All TAS (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Oatlands Bouldering

phil_nev
20/06/2012
4:37:57 PM
Hi,
Anyone know if Oatlands bouldering area in tassie is ok/climbable in June. Wasn't sure if it stayed dry etc.... I will be around there on Sunday and keen for a boulder.

Cheers,
Phil
Cam McKenzie
20/06/2012
8:06:36 PM
Pretty sure it's under water at the moment Philby. I'm sure some of the Tassie crew will be able to confirm...

oweng
20/06/2012
9:05:54 PM
The lake is currently at full height, and wont change in the short term. The rumble cave is probably the only area that will be dry. The main caves are not climbable. Rumble cave is worth a day if your in the area. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaV_V24r0cc

nmonteith
20/06/2012
9:24:50 PM
Worst climbing destination I have ever visited. And yes, I'm comparing it to Melton super crag.
dalai
20/06/2012
9:33:13 PM
On 20/06/2012 nmonteith wrote:
>Worst climbing destination I have ever visited. And yes, I'm comparing
>it to Melton super crag.

Only because you don't like bouldering and at Melton are routes...

I bouldered there for half a day years ago and enjoyed it. Though after walking across a dry lake, I can't imaging the lake being full!

nmonteith
20/06/2012
9:42:07 PM
I love bouldering at Font, Squamish, Yoseimte, Bishop, Grampains and Arapiles to name a few. I did not love bouldering at Oatlands. The snakes, mud, Fluro red glue holding it all together and the limited number of problems didn't inspire me at all. At least Melton had an amusing drunk to entertain me.

Miguel75
20/06/2012
10:34:06 PM
On 20/06/2012 nmonteith wrote:
>Snippity snip... At least Melton had an amusing drunk to entertain me.

He died about 2 years ago and I was lucky enough to attend his wake with his buddies. There was a 'shrine' for him in the little cave... unfortunately I cannot remember his name:(
dalai
20/06/2012
10:36:35 PM
On 20/06/2012 Miguel75 wrote:
>On 20/06/2012 nmonteith wrote:
>>Snippity snip... At least Melton had an amusing drunk to entertain me.
>
>He died about 2 years ago and I was lucky enough to attend his wake with
>his buddies. There was a 'shrine' for him in the little cave... unfortunately
>I cannot remember his name:(

Oatlands suddenly moves back up to second worst on Neils crag list...
plugngo
21/06/2012
12:23:43 AM
On 20/06/2012 nmonteith wrote:
>I love bouldering at Font, Squamish, Yoseimte, Bishop, Grampains and Arapiles
>to name a few. I did not love bouldering at Oatlands. The snakes, mud,
>Fluro red glue holding it all together and the limited number of problems
>didn't inspire me at all. At least Melton had an amusing drunk to entertain
>me.

There was a dead stinking sheep in the main cave when I went. And you have to walk across a swamp to get there. A close second to Mystery Rocks for shitness.

There are 9 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints