Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

DMM: Viper Size L (2013 model as shown) Padded Adjustable Harness, 5 Gear Loops Fits: Waist 87-104cm Legs: 55-70cm   $89.00
26% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Grampians (General) (General) (General) [ Grampians Guide | Images ] 

Author
Grampians - top roping
Reluctant
6/03/2012
12:29:51 PM
Camping and climbing this weekend at the grampians. Can people give some suggestions other than Summerday Valley for top roping. Keep in mind I am taking the daughter (11 year old). She has top roped before and has ticked off a few at Urinal wall (y.y) and at Sugarloaf (cathedrals).
Its our first trip to the grampians (to climb) and as it is a long weekend it might get a bit busy on the main climbs. We dont mind a hike in.
Take it easy on me. This is my first post. And no, I will not be taking a dog!
Thanks in advance.
kieranl
6/03/2012
12:40:35 PM
Are you locked into a campsite or open to where you camp?
Reluctant
6/03/2012
12:43:26 PM
Got other non climbing friends coming. Likely camp at smiths mill. The daily drive is nothing new.

nmonteith
6/03/2012
12:44:15 PM
The Watchtower (Halls Gap)

BARC Cliff (back side of Summerday Valley)

Black Ians Rocks (sort of outside of the Grampians)

Mini Castle Crag (2 minutes walk from Stapylton Campground!)
http://www.climb.org.au/index.php?page_id=10&action=area&area_id=1067

If you go down to Victoria Ranges then places like Gilhams Crags and Red Rock Pinnacles have good top-roping potential.

nmonteith
6/03/2012
12:56:39 PM
Just a question - can you lead the routes first - or do you need to be able to walk around to the top of the cliff to setup the toprope? The areas I listed don't require you to lead anything. If you can lead - it opens up a lot more crags!

Pat
6/03/2012
4:34:27 PM
We're in the Grampians this weekend and are trying to avoid SDV. Will be going down to the Vic range on Saturday with our two daughters 12 & 15, will be top roping and doing very easy leading if they are up to it. Short walk in. Let me know if you are interested. Crag is called Mountain Lion if you have the Grampians selected guide. Will be looking at Neil's suggestions as well, which are very close by.
Reluctant
6/03/2012
4:49:37 PM
Getting old and fat but still can manage a lead. Only have a basic rack, no cams.
Reluctant
6/03/2012
5:41:51 PM
Pat see PR

Superstu
6/03/2012
5:59:55 PM
The Mountain Lion might suit what you're after but a bit of a drive from Smith Mill.
kieranl
6/03/2012
10:30:16 PM
Maybe something like Possum Rocks near Buandik is worth a look.
http://www.climb.org.au/index.php?page_id=10&action=area&area_id=2088

There are 10 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints