Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Edelrid: "Ultralight Helmet" (Red) Fits 54 - 60cm Great heavy duty all-rounder. SUPER SPECIAL for a short time only!  $79.00
21% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Store sales / Good retail deals
Will_P
2/03/2012
5:01:52 PM
A question for the Mods (Mod, really - isn't it just Dalai at the moment?) - would a regularly updated topic (or separate topics for each one) that shared with other Chockstoners good (relevant) current sales or special deals or similar be considered 'retail spam' and be nuked? Like if a specific store had 30% off all climbing hardware, or a specific store had 30-50% off all clothing, or you can get X at Y for Z less than the usual retail... It'd be good if we could support the local retailers when they offer good deals, but I understand if having Rock Hardware as a site sponsor means advertising other retailers for free is verboten.
dalai
2/03/2012
5:22:02 PM
Not the only active mod, just the only one who doesn't use the special Chockstone Mod login. ;-)

I personally feel given Steve's support of this site, info about all other shop sales should be verboten...
citationx
2/03/2012
5:51:09 PM
I don't know that this is really needed. As soon as anyone tries selling anything on here a million people (I can't claim I'm not one of them) instantly come up with a thousand different sites that sell them even cheaper. Given the limited number of australian retailer websites I don't think it's that hard for people to just log on to all of them on a regular basis if they're really after a bargain...
In the end it comes down to people just checking out their local stores - it's not a hard thing to do (I think, though, regardless of being alerted to it and/or patriotic, most people will be driven by their wallets, and we all know where you can get the most bang for your buck)

Miguel75
2/03/2012
5:59:30 PM
I reckon a stickied 'sales' thread could actually help Steve on a few fronts: 1. Free market research. 2. If Steve matched any cheaper prices it could drive more sales through his doors.

NB. My comments are assumptions. I don't know how much market research Steve does, nor his price matching/sales volumes. I reckon if Steve was loud and proud with a price matching policy, and all chockstoners knew about it, he'd see more sales from here. Again, this is my assumption!

BoulderBaby
2/03/2012
10:47:17 PM
I TRY my best not to post all the goodies and bargains I get in my store,
as I understand that the company I work for doesn't sponsor chockstone... so I sit and twiddle my thumbs.

Gonna say this though - feel free to delete it if you wish.
Climbing stuff doesn't move fast and my boss is an impatient man, the other day I put on the shop floor 2 short ice screws for $15 - went within the hour - doesn't normally happen. Also, we have a decent size range of magos and stix and older model climbing shoes for $79.95 or less... If you know where I work...

IdratherbeclimbingM9
4/03/2012
8:19:19 PM
On 2/03/2012 Miguel75 wrote:
>I reckon a stickied 'sales' thread could actually help Steve on a few fronts:
>1. Free market research. 2. If Steve matched any cheaper prices it could
>drive more sales through his doors.
>
>NB. My comments are assumptions. I don't know how much market research
>Steve does, nor his price matching/sales volumes. I reckon if Steve was
>loud and proud with a price matching policy, and all chockstoners knew
>about it, he'd see more sales from here. Again, this is my assumption!

Over the years, I have noticed that Steve 'price-matches' when he is/becomes aware of discrepancies, though I don't know how often he checks Chockstone...

Miguel75
4/03/2012
9:02:28 PM
On 4/03/2012 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>Over the years, I have noticed that Steve 'price-matches' when he is/becomes
>aware of discrepancies, though I don't know how often he checks Chockstone...

Thanks M9, that's good to know.

Sabu
5/03/2012
9:49:35 AM
Yea Steve price matches all the time. First question he asked when i called him up about an ice axe was "whats the best price you've seen it for..." and proceeded to beat it. Moral of the story: its always worth calling him up.

Although... $15 dollars for an ice screw is pretty damn good (hint hint let me know next time Olivia and i'll be there like a shot!).
dmnz
6/03/2012
9:58:51 PM
On 2/03/2012 BoulderBaby wrote:
>I TRY my best not to post all the goodies and bargains I get in my store,
>as I understand that the company I work for doesn't sponsor chockstone...
>so I sit and twiddle my thumbs.
>
>Gonna say this though - feel free to delete it if you wish.
>Climbing stuff doesn't move fast and my boss is an impatient man, the
>other day I put on the shop floor 2 short ice screws for $15 - went within
>the hour - doesn't normally happen. Also, we have a decent size range of
>magos and stix and older model climbing shoes for $79.95 or less... If
>you know where I work...
>
>
But the shorties are the best!

Are almost just as strong in good ice and in bad ice, well...nothing is good anyway!
But we all get taught to get the long screws initially whereas once we get out more we realise we only need 1 x 22/19 for v threads and the rest you want 13s with a couple of 10s and a few 16s if you want to feel better. Lighter and quicker to place too the shorties are!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
13/03/2012
11:40:53 AM
I just noticed that Rock Hardware has revamped it's website, and also expanded its range of goodies.

After checking it out in more detail I reckon it is well done, and the gear offered is great quality at a good price!

There are 10 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints