Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond "Wire Hex" SET. (Size 4 to 10) - 7 pieces. Comes with a "free" Ovalwire Karabiner for racking.   $109.00
16% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Lysterfield

Camos
26/03/2004
2:04:11 PM
As a newbie to this state, I was wondering how to get to Lysterfield boulders. I figure it probably a secret crag but worth a try anyway. If I can't locate a guide I will revert to the good old fashioned way of fronting up and exploring....
dalai
26/03/2004
2:10:34 PM
Try Cobaw's north of Hanging rock, Black Hill and Cathedral Ranges for local bouldering.

There's no worthwhile bouldering at Lysterfield...

see old thread:

http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=DisplayTopic&ForumID=1&MessageID=5258&Replies=4&PagePos=180&Sort=LastMessage#newpost

Camos
26/03/2004
2:16:39 PM
Cheers for that,

I saw this on the web, it looked like worth a visit

http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/listArea.php?AreaID=6069

Damietta
26/03/2004
2:23:29 PM
f--- off to wherever you came from buddy, Lysterfield is locals only
dalai
26/03/2004
2:25:19 PM
Cameron, just ignore our new best friend Damien!!

Another topic on Lysterfield http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=DisplayTopic&ForumID=1&MessageID=2727&Replies=4&PagePos=340&Sort=LastMessage#newpost

Cheers

mousey
26/03/2004
2:27:57 PM
are you serious? damo you truly are a c--k- get back in the gym where you f---ing belong

Damietta
26/03/2004
2:34:22 PM
Damn that pesky mouse, get off my arse
M
26/03/2004
5:42:46 PM
On 26/03/2004 dalai wrote:
>Try Cobaw's north of Hanging rock, Black Hill and Cathedral Ranges for
>local bouldering.

Where exactly is the Cobaw's and is there any information in any avaliable guide book.
dalai
26/03/2004
5:52:52 PM
No guide as such for Cobaws.

Robin's directions will get you there in the topic

http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=Display&ForumID=1&MessageID=546&Replies=1

Granite boulders in the State Forest north of Hanging rock. Just a matter of exploring.
M
26/03/2004
5:58:44 PM
Thanks for that, I had searched the forum for old topics discussing the Cobaws but I must of missed that one. I will check it/them out soon.

alrob
26/03/2004
6:05:20 PM
On 26/03/2004 damien wrote:
>f--- off to wherever you came from buddy, Lysterfield is locals only

ironic??

nmonteith
26/03/2004
6:38:25 PM
I really like the killer 10 move roof problem in the 'crazy cave' at lysterfield. Its a bit like Hollow Mtn Cave but a bit smaller. Really killer slopers and pockets which stays dry even in the biggest downpour. The 10 minute steep hike is a bit of a bastard but its well worth the effort.
dalai
26/03/2004
7:17:08 PM
If only there was something like that locally!!

rodw
26/03/2004
7:29:49 PM
Oh but there is...oh wait thats right you dont live in Sydney :)
dalai
26/03/2004
7:34:59 PM
I was waiting for a reply like that from you Sydney folk! ;-)

Just bought the Balint Bouldering guide to Sydney - frustratingly so much rock in the city compared to Melbourne, the down side for Sydney is that it's not as nice a place to live there though. Fair price to pay I guess for quality bouldering.
kieranl
26/03/2004
9:29:57 PM
I work in Horsham, 25 minutes drive from Arapiles and Stapylton. I can be on either Arachnus or Cave Rave 35 minutes after finishing work. My choice.

rodw
26/03/2004
9:45:20 PM

>I the down side for Sydney is that
>it's not as nice a place to live there though. Fair price to pay I guess
>for quality bouldering.

You mexicans have no idea..."and the winner is Sydddnneeey"

Ill stop the cross border slanging match now :)

phil_nev
27/03/2004
12:58:35 AM
"There's no wothwhile bouldering at Lysterfield..."

???? Im confused.. Please explain Marty...

There are 18 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints