Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond: 10mm DYNEX: 60cm (24") Runner. (Open round sling) Great for making "extender" quick-draws. IMO   $10.00
28% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
World's Hardest Sport Climb
tankywalrus
18/01/2008
9:04:35 PM
Hello fellow Chockstonerers,

Before this ignites World War III, may I pose a question to you. After doing some research, I cannot find a definitive statement of what officially is the world's hardest sport climb. No, not Dave MacLeod's Rhapsody, I'm talking sport climb. I've just been out of climbing for 4-5 months due to injury and I'm looking for something to inspire me. I know there are plenty other sources of inspiration, but I'd just like to know what is the climb with the hardest individual move/sequence of moves.

Many thanks,

Will

Let the melee begin.... :P

alrob
18/01/2008
9:36:18 PM
ali hulk linkup. 9b (37). Dani Andrada 2007
climber72
18/01/2008
9:56:51 PM
La Rambla in Spain - 5.15a (36). Sounds pretty hard.

muki
18/01/2008
10:34:50 PM
The Chris Sharma "dyno route" can't remember the name same cliff as Realization.

gordoste
18/01/2008
11:03:10 PM
akira by fred rouhling for sure
maxdacat
18/01/2008
11:36:15 PM
some of the Spanish routes tend to be long endurance affairs so might still warrant a high grade but might not have ther hardest moves per se.....would be nice if some of the longer climbs could be given a secondary grade in brackets to denote the hardest move eg 9b (8b) which is what i would suspect.

anyway another contender might be Steve McClure's new route at Malham Overhsadow, tentatively graded 9a+:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=474

probably the hardest in Britain and they tend to undergrade there. Unlikely to get a repeat anytime soon esp. by any overseas visitors mainly due to the unappealing english weather.
Lee C
19/01/2008
7:51:55 AM
A few years ago a guy graded a route somewhere in southern spain 9b/37. Barnabe Fernandez and the
route was Chilam Bilam.
tankywalrus
19/01/2008
1:11:14 PM
Cheers guys....lots of different climbs there...another quick question if that's alright: what's the hardest grade in Aus, 34 or 35? I think it's 34, Mechanical Animals?

Edit: I have just realised something: I spelt the topic's name wrong! So sorry, it should have an apostrophe. I'm an English nut, you see, so I'm terribly sorry for that!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
19/01/2008
6:45:55 PM
On 19/01/2008 tankywalrus wrote:
>Edit: I have just realised something: I spelt the topic's name wrong!
>So sorry, it should have an apostrophe. I'm an English nut, you see, so
>I'm terribly sorry for that!

You can always fix it by editing your 1st post which will allow you to access the heading also.
:)

mousey
20/01/2008
8:24:54 PM
mechanical animals was confirmed at 33 by repeat ascensionists, though there are a few 34's floating about... lee c's sneaky old fox at diamond falls?, white ladder at nowra, motor pussy?, one on one (garth's route at mini haha) etc
tankywalrus
21/01/2008
9:51:32 AM
Oh ok cool. Sounds good!

The Trickster
22/01/2008
9:56:13 PM
On 18/01/2008 bomber pro wrote:
>The Chris Sharma "dyno route" can't remember the name same cliff as Realization.

Three Degrees of Separation, 5.14d, Ceuse, France

Saw a sequence of Ethan Pringle in Urban Climber Mag, doing the dyno. It looks totally sick!

Safer Cliffs Vic
22/01/2008
11:03:57 PM
On 19/01/2008 tankywalrus wrote:
>Cheers guys....lots of different climbs there...another quick question
>if that's alright: what's the hardest grade in Aus, 34 or 35? I think it's
>34, Mechanical Animals?

I though White Ladder (aka Attack Mode extension) was the hardest route in Oz? Thats what the recent Rock mag seemed to say...

penguinator
23/01/2008
2:01:18 PM
The marketing pitch for the FiveTen VCS is:

"The only shoe to climb 5.15". What one was that?
Stuey
23/01/2008
2:54:29 PM
On 23/01/2008 penguinator wrote:

>"The only shoe to climb 5.15". What one was that?

It was when Sharma was still sponsored by 5.10 and had just done Realisation wearing a pair. Things have changed a bit since then.

wallwombat
23/01/2008
4:34:41 PM
I think the full La Rambla extension is rated 5.15 as well.

There are 16 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints