Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

DMM: Viper Size L (2013 model as shown) Padded Adjustable Harness, 5 Gear Loops Fits: Waist 87-104cm Legs: 55-70cm   $89.00
26% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Entry in Bouldering Comp

takeit4granite
13/09/2003
2:56:27 AM
Hey,
Can anyone enter the Bouldering Comp on the 28th or is it by invitation only for those who attended the first 2?

I will be in town and would be keen to lose my comp virginity while I'm there!!

phil_nev
13/09/2003
1:07:56 PM
Anyone can enter this round. Just rock up on the day, pay your $15 and boulder you heart out....]

I think its only the finals where u must have competed in one of the previous rounds to compete.

takeit4granite
14/09/2003
2:15:14 AM
Sweet thanks Phil.

Can anyone tell me what the format is? Is it a jam style where you cruise around and try to tick as many problems as possible getting points for difficulty and number of tries?

Thanks!
Dalai
14/09/2003
12:07:06 PM
Hi Takeit4granite,

Format of comp.
-Runs from 11am to 3 pm
-Numerous problems scoring from 1 to 10. Problems denoted by colour of holds rather than the Northern American way of marking with tape.
-Top 6 problems count (multiply by 10 to get final score)
-Number of tries are not counted...

Cheers Martin

takeit4granite
15/09/2003
6:44:13 AM
Sweet,

Hey Dalai are you planning on being there?

Cheers,
Brian
Dalai
15/09/2003
9:28:47 AM
Hi Brian, there is a good chance I will be there. Just look for the old man falling off everything.

Cheers Martin

phil_nev
15/09/2003
1:14:33 PM
dont u mean retired climber blitzing the field...??? :)
bmblydad
15/09/2003
7:09:50 PM
If your old Martin then I'm geriatric

Malcolm
heydad
17/09/2003
7:23:12 PM
O.K.Bumblydad, if you are geriatric then I've got one foot in the grave.

Tibor

phil_nev
17/09/2003
7:51:56 PM
Personally, i reckon its great that you guys are climbing regardless of age. Marty and Malcolms results in the comps just go to show that the old fogies :) can still cut it with the younguns... .

Cheers, Phil.
bmblydad
17/09/2003
10:35:20 PM
I was going to say that Tibor but I thought it was one knee and a couple of fingers, have you got those T-shirts?

Malcolm

takeit4granite
18/09/2003
11:23:23 AM
Thanks for the replies.
We arrived in Melbourne yesterday. AHHH the land of drive through bottle shops, TimTams and 4 & 20 pies!!

Once the jetlag wears off I would be keen to hook up with some folks at one of the gyms in town.

I am staying in Menzies Creek, but can find my way around to where ever.

Thanks!
Brian
Dalai
18/09/2003
1:27:32 PM
Welcome to sunny Melbourne Brian...

Hardware
18/09/2003
2:14:55 PM
Brian if you need a lift to the bouldering comp send me an e-mail. I live in Kallista which is 10 min away from Menzies Creek. I can also give you a tour of the finest drive-through bottle shops in the eastern suburbs !!

Jevon.

nmonteith
18/09/2003
3:11:47 PM
Brian,

Tuesday and Thursday @ Vic Ranges Gym - you will find most of us there!

takeit4granite
19/09/2003
8:09:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

It is great to be here. Lots has changed since I was last here 4 years ago! The freeway rules, it takes half the time to get anywhere!

I am planning to go to the gym in Nunawading (Sp?) today but will try to make it to Vic Ranges for Tuesday.

See you there!

takeit4granite
27/09/2003
6:16:24 PM
Hey Jevon,

Are you still planning on going to the comp on Sunday?
I am keen to take you up the offer for a ride!

I sent you an e-mail with the number where I am staying, if you can give me a call that would be great!!

Thanks
Brian

There are 17 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints