Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

DMM: DMM ALLOY "Offset" have arrived!!! #Sizes 7 - 11. (5 piece) Range: 12 to 23.5mm. (Great Compliment to DMM Wallnuts. (Refer Peenuts for Profile) Awesome Pro!  $93.00
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Grampians Overgraded?
chris sharma!
14/12/2004
2:50:19 PM
Does anyone else think that the grampians is over graded?

PN
14/12/2004
2:53:11 PM
Is that Chris Sharma?

nmonteith
14/12/2004
2:55:27 PM
How many Steve Monks routes have you done?...
chris sharma!
14/12/2004
2:55:43 PM
yep.
i am in the gramps for two more weeks, i have been already for 1 week and i love it but i think it is a bit on the soggy side.
Sharma
chris sharma!
14/12/2004
2:56:45 PM
WHo is Steve MOnks?
name a few routes
Nottobetaken
14/12/2004
3:08:59 PM
Sharma - give some examples - your top ten for instance?

nmonteith
14/12/2004
3:09:13 PM
Some routes to do - the first five are Steve Monk's routes.

Ticket to Retirement (26) - The Fortress
English Rose (26) - Red Rocks
Archimedes Principle (26) - Archimedes Wall
Bristol Fashion (26) - Red Sail
The Seventh Bannana (27) - Taipan Wall

Little Boy Lost (24) - The Lost World
Orinoco Flow (25) - The Lost World
A Space Oddessy (27) - The Lost World
Sirocco (26) - Taipan Wall
Clean Sweep (24) - Taipan Wall
Journey Through Nicaragua (30) - Sandanista
Coronary Country (26) - Mt Rosea
The Ogive (28) - Bundaleer
Welcome to Barbados (29) - Red Cave
Passport to Insanity (27) - The Fortress

That should keep you busy!

tmarsh
14/12/2004
3:48:41 PM
On 14/12/2004 nmonteith wrote:
>How many Steve Monks routes have you done?...

Or Kevin Lindorff ones...

adski
14/12/2004
4:49:01 PM
no bites from me "sharma"
dalai
14/12/2004
4:56:04 PM
Ditto adski - blatant troll which got a few nibbles...

IdratherbeclimbingM9
14/12/2004
5:08:07 PM
These 'name' user icons are familiar on Qurank.
They don't mean much?
jjobrien
15/12/2004
11:17:03 AM
BTW.
The names that appear under the user names on qurank are a title bestowed upon the user equating to the number of post that that particular user has made. ie. I've made 470 or so posts and I'm a Chris Shamra. On your first post you're a Bumbling novice then you graduate through Bold Runout Master, Garth Miller etc.

PN
15/12/2004
11:28:13 AM
On 15/12/2004 jjobrien wrote:
>BTW.
>The names that appear under the user names on qurank are a title bestowed
>upon the user equating to the number of post that that particular user
>has made. ie. I've made 470 or so posts and I'm a Chris Shamra. On your
>first post you're a Bumbling novice then you graduate through Bold Runout
>Master, Garth Miller etc.

Interesting to note the heirachy

Is a 'Garth Miller' ranked higher than a 'Bold runout master' in terms of the number of posts? Does a Chris Sharma rank above all? Does that mean sporting prowess is ranked over traditional scary prowess?

I would think that the highest ranking in terms of number of posts to an internet forum would be 'armchair climber' or 'washed up has-been' because you're spending more time on the computer than out on the rock
BA
15/12/2004
12:33:16 PM
On 15/12/2004 Damieta wrote:

>I would think that the highest ranking in terms of number of posts to
>an internet forum would be 'armchair climber' or 'washed up has-been' because
>you're spending more time on the computer than out on the rock

What about 'washed up never was'? I definitely spend more time on the PC than climbing and when I finish here it's back to re-formatting the NW Vic guide.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
15/12/2004
6:30:59 PM
On 15/12/2004 BA wrote:
>On 15/12/2004 Damieta wrote:
>
>>I would think that the highest ranking in terms of number of posts to
>>an internet forum would be 'armchair climber' or 'washed up has-been'
>because
>>you're spending more time on the computer than out on the rock
>
>What about 'washed up never was'? I definitely spend more time on the
>PC than climbing and when I finish here it's back to re-formatting the
>NW Vic guide.
I agree BA.
I guess being obsessed (only me?), helps one get their climbing 'hit' wherever & whenever as often as possible, though there is nothing like real runouts on real rock ...
jjobrien
17/12/2004
7:47:48 AM
It goes something like:
Bumbling Novice
Tentative Rockjock
Sketchy Learder
Lunchbox Legend
Bold Runout Master
Gritstone Warrior
HB
Garth Miller
Chris Sharma
Alexanda Huber
And then there are special titles for qurank royalty: Lord of Chalk etc.

Ben R
17/12/2004
10:27:19 AM
Sandinista is definitely not overgraded

Salamander
17/12/2004
1:42:23 PM
On 17/12/2004 jjobrien wrote:
>It goes something like:
>Bumbling Novice
>Tentative Rockjock
>Sketchy Learder
>Lunchbox Legend
>Bold Runout Master
>Gritstone Warrior
>HB
>Garth Miller
>Chris Sharma
>Alexanda Huber
>And then there are special titles for qurank royalty: Lord of Chalk etc.

Ha ha, very cute
andrew coe
17/12/2004
2:07:53 PM
Pfff, a nice troll!

There are 19 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints