Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond: SET of 5 "new" C3 Camelots. (Tri-cams) Sizes 000, 00, 0, 1 & 2. Only 1 set left! (Be quick!)  $375.00
19% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Car wreck down the southern end of Narrowneck

sbm
24/03/2013
11:05:01 PM
Anyone know the story behind this? The wreck is way down past Tal/Toll and must have made one almighty bang when it hit the ground...

Macciza
24/03/2013
11:51:14 PM
Vehiculus Boganus - Native to the Blue Mountains though rarely seen this far east, usually found on the Lithgow side of the hill . . .
There are also a few to be found at MtBlackheath, and also out near the Wolgan . . .
Increasingly rare these days, possibly extinct due to changing climate (and road access) . . .
dawyndham
25/03/2013
9:13:19 AM
A closely related cousin Vehiculus Redneckus has also been spotted in the Red River Gorge in Kentucky.

hangdog
25/03/2013
4:56:42 PM
On 24/03/2013 sbm wrote:
>Anyone know the story behind this? The wreck is way down past Tal/Toll
>and must have made one almighty bang when it hit the ground...

Trundled a car at the other end of Narrowneck.( in the late 70s i think) It landed near the Psyncave.
We had a person stationed in the cave to warn climbers etc. He said that when the car came down it sounded like the whole crag was going to fall down. Before we pushed the car off you could get inside it (no seats though ) when it landed it was about the height of a washing machine. Good times :)
BA
25/03/2013
6:55:20 PM
There was a wreck the last time I was at the Upper Psyncaive and that would have been the late '70s. There were also piles of poo. You New South Welshers certainly know how to look after your crags.
climberman
25/03/2013
7:51:22 PM
On 25/03/2013 BA wrote:
>There was a wreck the last time I was at the Upper Psyncaive and that would
>have been the late '70s. There were also piles of poo. You New South Welshers
>certainly know how to look after your crags.

We always try to spruce the place up when guests are coming over !
kieranl
25/03/2013
9:25:08 PM
Back in the 70s (I think it was then) english climbing bums living around Llanberis would buy old bombs from the wreckers and run them over the tops of the disused slate quarries and watch them splash down into the lakes below. When the lakes were drained a couple of decades later people wondered about all the cars.

hangdog
25/03/2013
9:43:34 PM
I went to a climbing area near Penriff NSW (early 80s i think)and saw dumped cars that had been pushed off the cliff and were stacked in almost chronological order in year of manufacture.
martym
26/03/2013
10:17:24 AM
On 25/03/2013 hangdog wrote:
>I went to a climbing area near Penriff NSW (early 80s i think)and saw
>dumped cars that had been pushed off the cliff and were stacked in almost
>chronological order in year of manufacture.

hoodlums with OCD?
mattbrooks
26/03/2013
1:50:48 PM
Yep, bogan vehicularis has been active even recently at the Junkyard Cave. That is when they get bored of trying to light up the nearby forest! The base below the ledge has a large collection of flattened wreck of different ages.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
19/04/2013
9:10:54 AM
On 24/03/2013 sbm wrote:
>Anyone know the story behind this? The wreck is way down past Tal/Toll
>and must have made one almighty bang when it hit the ground...
>
It's OK, as it was a cage.
If it had been a motorcycle however-
;-)

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints