Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond: 120cm Nylon Runner. (Open sewn sling) 18mm wide nylon. Assorted colours. Awesome value IMO.   $8.00
20% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Outdoor Magazine interview with Lucky Chance
Winston Smith
17/07/2012
10:05:05 AM
http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/aerial-sports/Reversal-of-Fortune-20120801.html?page=1
Fish Boy
17/07/2012
11:22:51 AM
Very honest interview. Not completely, as in there is more to be said, but I'm surprised that much got out...

I hope you find your niche again, Second Chance....
simey
17/07/2012
12:55:01 PM
That was a suprisngly good, in-depth article.

benjenga
17/07/2012
3:23:41 PM
Its good to get the full story but I can't help think that this article is not to lucky liking. There seems to be some negative information.
GoUp!
17/07/2012
4:23:22 PM
Reading that reminds me of an ancient ACA (or similar - about 20yrs ago) interview regarding solo climbing - there was Geoff Weigand soloing away at the County in outrageous tights making those 2mm edges seem like a footpath, whilst the other person being interviewed was Chunder (Russell Chudleigh), all busted-up paraplegic (maybe worse) in a wheel chair. His message was though he accepted death may occur during soloing, he failed to ever conceive the possibility of getting truely _ucked up and having to be looked after for evermore and the burden of that on loved ones.
Winston Smith
17/07/2012
4:23:23 PM
On 17/07/2012 benjenga wrote:
>Its good to get the full story but I can't help think that this article
>is not to lucky liking. There seems to be some negative information.

That's why it's quality journalism and not a hagiography: it shines a light on issues others might want left in the dark, or at least unsaid.

Sabu
17/07/2012
7:33:17 PM
A very interesting read. Glad to see that he is positive about a new start and I wish him all the best.

On 17/07/2012 benjenga wrote:
>Its good to get the full story but I can't help think that this article
>is not to lucky liking. There seems to be some negative information.

I didn't read it as being all that negative. Brutally honest more like it and the sad reality of most rehab wards.
kieranl
Online Now
17/07/2012
9:10:58 PM
On 17/07/2012 GoUp! wrote:
>Reading that reminds me of an ancient ACA (or similar - about 20yrs ago)
>interview regarding solo climbing - there was Geoff Weigand soloing away
>at the County in outrageous tights making those 2mm edges seem like a footpath,
>whilst the other person being interviewed was Chunder (Russell Chudleigh),
>all busted-up paraplegic (maybe worse) in a wheel chair. His message was
>though he accepted death may occur during soloing, he failed to ever conceive
>the possibility of getting truely _ucked up and having to be looked after
>for evermore and the burden of that on loved ones.
Yes, Chunder was a real shock. Must have been summer of 85-86. Went up to see him in rehab in June. Pretty sobering stuff. We went down to the golf club next to the hospital for drinks and I got us chucked out of the bar because I wasn't wearing a collared shirt. Especially bad years 83-86, lost 7 friends plus Chunder crippled.
james
19/07/2012
12:48:51 AM
the monkey suit reminds me of Wilfred

There are 9 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints